Takistani Tasks - AAR Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [AAR] Takistani Tasks - AAR Thread

Here is where we will post up the After Action Reports all weekend long!

Please make sure you take a min when you can to post up the actions and progress of your team. This will be vital information for the leaders and players that join later.
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member
    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Re: Takistani Tasks - AAR Thread

-We cleared Anar, the E-W road exiting Anar from the south, and the road leading N from Anar to Falar.

-We pushed into and cleared Faruz Abad. We left enemy alive at the Mine N-NW of Faruz but I think we killed all the emplacements.

-We then pushed N from Faruz and cleared Falar. As we pushed N of Falar, we encountered a road block about midway between Falar and Bastam. We called CAS in on the roadblock, but didn't confirm the kill. Immediately before the CAS strike, 2 patrol groups supporting the roadblock hit both out eastern and western flanks.

I would recommend observing Faruz Abad again, and then push to clear the Mine N-NW. At that point, I would either head N over the hill and clear the roadblock and Bastam, or RTB and push Garmarud and Garmsar.
    Viking

Comment

Played so much yesterday until my face hit the keyboard I have to write this report a day late.

SHORT VERSION
      We have cleared the southern valley that runs east/west from the eastern side all the way past the airfield to Chak Chak. We also have cleared the path north through Timurkalay then east through Anar and on to Feruz Abad and the Mine. The northern road to Bastam from there was also begun to be cleared but the entire 8 man team was flanked on both sides and wiped out. The airfield at Rasman was scouted and there is at least 60 EI plus motorized and mechanized patrols surrounding the airfield. A hit & run attack was conducted to disrupt their supply route but we expect it to have little effect on todays operations.

DETAILS - PHASE ONE
      Noyava took command and lead a team from early morning 0700 (in-game) (3pm New York time) out to clear the way to Hazar Bagh to the east. This was completed an enemy camps out that way were cleared. Connor and Nightwing were clearing out the factory just south west of our airfield when I rejoined.

DETAILS - PHASE TWO
      At 0900 I came in and took command of about 4 players. We conducted a mechanized patrol to clear out Loy Marara Oilfield which is just west of our airfield. Then we pushed on through clearing all the way to Chak Chak. Chak Chak was the first significant enemy stronghold. It had 3 roadblocks on the west side and 1 on the northern side. The roadway north from Chak Chak still needs to be cleared through to the Sar-e Sang Pass.

Then we split up into two groups with about 5-6 players each. Frodo lead Pike-One as a mechanized group tasked with clearing out the Naran Darre Pass and setting up an overwatch point (OP) above Timurkalay. My team, 189th, was to conduct an air calvary patrol to take out an enemy camp at 069039 or Hill 2608. 189th cleared out a roadblock to the north-west of that location and an enemy patrol was spotted in the saddle in the roadway leading east to Timurkalay. The 189th eliminated that squad and then pushed back to their helo to reinforce Pike-One with an engineer.

While that was happening...Pike-One had gained intel on the platoon sized force of EI garrisoned in Timurkalay. They engaged with the Marshall and with close air support supplied by Hawk-One (Dredge) in a pawnee. Pike-One then moved into the town and cleared it only to pull back to their OP at 091047 to watch for the enemies reinforcements which did not arrive. Pike-One then lost a few wheels and the entire team regrouped in the Naran Darre Pass on the northern lower arm to repair the helo.

From here Pike-One would push up the road leading to the west toward Anar. 189th, then inserted at 059050 to provide overwatch for Pike-One and clear the roadway north of AT. We discovered an IED factory at 063050 and eliminated it with a coordinated effort.

DETAILS - PHASE THREE
      From this point forward Dimitrius took command of Pike-One and renamed the team BRONCO. Bronco conducted a mechanized patrol through Anar.

189th split off into a four man recon team to assess the enemy strength of the airfield at Rasman. We ditched our backpacks and did a Halo jump from about 2000m at 071127 DZ Blue. We then cleared the buildings to the north-east of the Rasman airfield at Safid Ab and then set up an OP at 063122 and using short range to bring the helo down to land at Safid Ab. This is where we eliminated 1 Ifrit HMG and 1 Marid at the airfield. An enemy helo took of and we bugged out. Easily 60 infantry plus vehicles 3x motorized armed, 1 mechanized APC plus air assets were at the airfield.

The 189th then was RTB when we realized that BRONCO did not have long range. We grabbed an ammo supply box and met BRONCO in Anar to clear it out and relieve some pressure they had from EI to their east flank. BRONCO had come across a second IED factory at 061056 and moved back to destroy it.

DETAILS - PHASE FOUR
      BRONCO continued towards Feruz Abad. Intel came in that there was a pesky pile of tires at 058062 that just had to be destroyed. We don't know what was hiding in those tires but we had to get em. I was retasked as pilot and assumed the call sign HAWK-THREE.

BRONCO approached the roadblock and was engaged by multiple EI cresting the ridgeline from their west coming out of Feruz Abad. It was a tough slog for BRONCO to move 200m north to their objective as the EI sent snipers to inhibit their progress. Feruz Abad must have held significant CSAT forces because up until now we had only seen mostly guerilla forces that are fighting with them. The objective was eventually completed and then BRONCO moved on to clear Feruz Abad.

BRONCO set up mostly infantry on the ridge line on the south-western flank of the mountains south of the town. Here they engaged at range until there was insufficient return fire that they could safely maneuver down the hillside and begin to clear the buildings of Feruz Abad. I will have to leave this part of the report to BRONCO-Actual [MENTION=17278]Dimitrius[/MENTION] to tell.

BRONCO did clear out Feruz Abad and then began to push up the roadway towards Bastam when they were flanked from the steep hill sides both east and west. This eliminated the effectiveness of BRONCO for the days's operations.

DETAILS - PHASE FIVE
      189TH was reformed under my leadership and we decided that we needed to clear out the mine so that would eliminate EI on the western flank on the road to Bastam. A mechanized patrol was held from our main airfield and set up OP on the south-eastern hill close to the mine at 053067. Hawk-One (Dredge) was back on station and succsessfully engaged a roadblock on the lower arm of the road to the mine before the bird went down. 189th moved in on foot and cleared the mine where we found another IED factory and destroyed it. We cleared out the roadblocks south of the mine and RTB.

- END OF OPERATIONS FOR THE DAY -

DEBRIEF
      CSAT seems to be conducting their operation from the northern airfield at Rasman. They are not currently reinforcing the towns of Timurkalay or Feruz Abad. They may be consolidating a larger force in the northern areas of the map but further intel is required on more towns. They are making extensive use of guerilla forces throughout the entire region but are reinforcing any strategic military outposts with CSAT forces including armed IFRIT and APC's.

Suggest we conduct more recon in the northern and western towns to find their installations. HQ may begin tasking missions today in addition to our operations to clear Takistan overall.
      |TG-189th| Unkl
      ArmA 3 Game Officer
      "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Morning recon:

Mine N of Faruz Abad guarded by 4 infantry.

Bastam heavily guarded on the N and W sides. Light contact in the town itself. Ingame map has been updated.
        Viking

Comment

TIME: 2200Hrs(zulu)-0001Hrs(zulu):
          DATE: 6/25/2016 DAY 2
          LOCATION: North of Main airfield 3km near Amar and in Garasamud and Tamurkalay

PIKE ONE, |TG-Irr| Shoomfie,

CLASSIFIED
          • Established location for FOB Super-Great. 4man roadblock encounterd in Tamurkalay en route.
          • Cleared Garasamud, light infantry + roadblocks. IED factory destroyed. Mission Status: Success
          • Patrolled Tamurkalay. 20+ ei neutralized. All cleared (again). IED Factory Destroyed. Returned to FOB Super-Great with Marshall asset.
          • Began Construction of Fob Super-Great. Convoy has supplied it with full vehicle service and a decent sized motorpool of vics and armor assets TO DO:
            • finish arranging Barrier walls
            • Sort out motorpool
            • set Helipad
            • arrange static defenses
            • Install portajohns ("the rock" is starting to smell.)

Assets in FOB Super-great:
          • 4x HMG Hunters (?)
          • 1x GMG Hunter
          • 1x Marshall
          • 1x Slammer
          • 1x Sochor
          • 4x Mk.6 Mortars
          • full vehicle service HEMMT's
          • Arsenal Ammo box near MHQ vic
          Last edited by Shoomfie; 06-25-2016, 08:24 PM.

ribbons_volunteer-class1.jpg
          "WARNING: Don't let me throw frags!"

Comment

I have lots more to report when I get on tomorrow am...but there are civilians in the towns it seems once you past the latitude at Garmarud. Check fire!

We did a recon of the entire western side this am and there is a ton of info on the map. Jilavur seems heavily defended as well. We did clear out the town of Nur on the top north west of the region. Then see the post above for the later operations.
            |TG-189th| Unkl
            ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

AAR Writing is not my thing but I brought some screenshots.... this one day of the Three must have been the one where we brought the most possible support Equipment during the whole weekend. We formed a convoy of Slammer, Cheetah, Marshall and Ammo truck followed by forming up as a large squad-sized force hitting the far North-western region of Takistan in a war against CSAT Sniper and Spec Ops teams + a mixed-in force of FIA Guerillas (I think I killed 4 sniper teams myself with my own rifle before we even RTB'd for rearm)... We did also get some vehicle kills with the AT launchers, I was in a bad spot every time I tried to hit them with my anti-materiell rifle.

Me with the 0.50 inch, .50 caliber or 12.7mm width in barrel rifle to describe it best... and Frodo with his .338 Medium Machine Gun on the opposite structure on third level balcony.

- Current ArmA Pathfinder

sigpic

Comment

Great screen shots! I have a great shot of the hangars at the Rasman airfield when we completed that assault and were boarding the chopper for exfil...I'll have to get that up to share soon.

The third day was a great fight. We actually were a little under manned for the final assault...we brought up additional assets to use but then our crewmen had to leave before the final assault was begun. All in all it was a great turnout and thank you for that. It is difficult to sustain such a game for 72 hours so kudos to you all for finding the time to commit to help this event go so well.

I said yesterday that this is the first multi-session event that we have run that didn't get plagued with difficulties right of on day one. There were somethings that I suspect the update to ALiVE may have changed but I didn't have time to retest the mission prior the event. Still, it worked well enough and we only missed the logistics options really. The headless client really improved performance as well.

This morning the servers are all back to normal. Prepare the Apex!
                |TG-189th| Unkl
                ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X