Tactical Tuesday - 11/29/16

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tactical Tuesday - 11/29/16

We had a couple good missions yesterday.

The day started off with Fenster and I making a daring (I think Fenster described it as "the most ridiculous plan" he'd ever seen) rescue of the downed Pilot (played by CaptainShawn123). I turned on the flashing lights on the Gendarmerie off-road and rushed past the AAF road-blocks, tossed the pilot in the back and drove off into the sunset.

From there things got more serious as the player count went up. We launched a assault by boat against a fortified enemy town complete with mortar position. Everyone *loves* attacking mortar positions! We took many casualties but we managed to finish the job.

Next MPL TRACE and Redhead took command of eight man squads each, with sparrow_jet and CaptainShawn123 as air transport/support, and attacked the heavily occupied town of Molos to destroy the CSAT supplies and communication equipment. Despite being outnumbered, and surprise attacked by a platoon of T-100 tanks, they lead their squads to (eventual) victory. I was strictly zues for this mission, and it was really fun to be able to see the two full strength squads maneuvering from opposite sides of town, squashing the enemy between them. It was also fun to watch everyone run for cover when the tanks rolled into town... and to watch the Tanks explode when Sparrow finally got around to blasting them with his Wipeout : )

After the battle of Molos CaptainShawn took command of two squads, the second being lead by |TG| B, on a mission to destroy an enemy device and capture a fuel truck. NATO forces were able to destroy multiple light armored units and dozen of infantry with hardly a casualty to speak of. CaptainShawn led expertly throughout the mission. The only mistake he made was trusting a couple of knuckleheads (@Dimitrius and Noyava) with going to refuel and repair the helicopter that was damaged on insertion, so it could be used to extract the team. That ended in a comical, fiery wreck.

Thanks to everyone how joined in last night, it was a enjoyable event all around!

It was great fun. Lots of people and some blasts from the past (Chichco our Russian friend). Look forward to the next one.

Biggs
    sigpic

Canadjun, eh?

Comment

Yeah, it was fun to see old good friends after some years, to feel their patience on 2 or 3 frags dropped by arma3keyforgotmistake, to understand that I dont know English anymore. It was warm meeting, thx all! Sorry that my provider stoped my fun in the middle of the battle and didnt give me say "bye" and drop some more frags before exit((

PS Oh BTW if im correct new Island Tanoa is "must have on TG" cos all weapons I used in Altis or Statis yesterday give me "Advertisment of Tanoa" on full screen sometimes so I wasnt able to fire?

Comment

Originally posted by Chichco View Post
        Yeah, it was fun to see old good friends after some years, to feel their patience on 2 or 3 frags dropped by arma3keyforgotmistake, to understand that I dont know English anymore. It was warm meeting, thx all! Sorry that my provider stoped my fun in the middle of the battle and didnt give me say "bye" and drop some more frags before exit((

PS Oh BTW if im correct new Island Tanoa is "must have on TG" cos all weapons I used in Altis or Statis yesterday give me "Advertisment of Tanoa" on full screen sometimes so I wasnt able to fire?
        Chichco, Arma is bad about the advertisements if they thing you need one of the DLC's. We do a lot on Tanoa and would love to have you join us so look into the Apex DLC. We didn't officially meet but welcome back. Do not be a stranger.

Comment

Originally posted by Chichco View Post

You can avoid the message by sticking to the non-DLC gear. If you are in the arsenal it will show an Apex or Marksmen DLC icon on the right side of the gear selection window for items that are part of the DLC. I try to always put non-DLC gear in the arsenal on Altis/Stratis. I don't when we are on Tanoa since that's DLC already. If I forgot to give you non-DLC options by mistake please dont hesitate to tell me so I can correct it!

Thanks for playing!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X