MotorInf_Kore - Dec 20, 2016

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [AAR] MotorInf_Kore - Dec 20, 2016

As part of Tactical Tuesday, we also played one of my missions after run through of Operation Trojan Horse.

The mission
    First developed a while back named as Motorized_Kore this mission was one of the missions I developed with small AO, and fast turn over in mind. After KavalaControl came out from Unkl, I looked under the hood and watched some of Unkl's newly released tutorial videos on Sector Control Module and Spawn AI module. Adapting these two modules and doing some custom scripting to make enemy AI behavior fancier, the new updated MotorInf_Kore was born. It is a simple assault and hold type of mission. If played with full roster, there are 3 MRAP vehicles of AAF side - one HMG, one GMG, and an unarmed one - thus a Motorized Infantry mission. The beauty of this mission is how the enemy reacts and fights against the players to keep the town and recapture it if possible. There are multiple failure conditions (10 respawn tickets, 1 hour limit, asset loss) requiring some fast and precise action and planning in terms of tactics as well as logistics to win the mission successfully.

The Playthrough
    Noyava took over as the Squad Leader and I took one of the team leader positions. Biggs came in a bit late but took the other TL position. The start was a bit rough. We convoyed in and on our way to the Dismount Point, I was seeing RPG rockets fired at us from the hilltops missing us by a few feet. I communicated this to Victor one and then heard an explosion right next to our vehicle. We were racing to our Dismount Point under this craziness and reached our Dismount Point without losing a vehicle somehow. Once infantry dismounted we were surrounded by enemy infantry shooting at us from several different directions. I think I spent this part mostly incapacitated and unable to move. We had the GMG MRAP with us which must have taken a RPG round or a mortar shell as all four tires of it were gone at some point. Somebody still mounted it up and used the main gun to send grenades and clear out our surroundings as far as I can make out from my incapacitated body looking around. In one moment while I was incapacitated, a mortar shell fell right on us killing me and incapacitating the poor dude who was trying to get me back up. So I used up one respawn ticket then and there and TFAR being TFAR switched my long range radio frequency back upon respawn, which I did not know happened. Things calmed down a bit more and we took control of our compound nearby the dismount point.

I did not hear much orders from Noyava (because of TFAR long range freq being reset upon my respawn), but both Biggs' and Noyava's team started pushing on foot to the first sector (Alpha). So I followed suit and took my team forward also. We crossed the bridge after some fighting and cleared out some of the buildings in Alpha sector. Noyava and Biggs moved in from our left and right flanks and we took the sector after some building clearing. Somewhere in between I noticed my Long range frequency being reset and and got back on comms with Biggs and Noya.

Noyava ordered Biggs and his team to stay and defend Alpha. Also retrieve some of the vehicles from the Dismount point and drive them up to Sector Alpha. Noyava's took his team and my team into the town. Noyava's team was heading for the Bravo Sector. Although my team was following him, we got engaged with a full squad and was left behind. Wandering around in the town trying to find Noyava's team we found ourselves a little closer to the Charlie Sector. I asked if we can try and capture Charlie Sector and received the go ahead...

On the way to the Charlie Sector, Ninja took an enemy backpack and an RPG launcher sometime before. We started to receive some fire from a building afar. We return fire to them and exchange about a mag each to each other. On the long range "Hey you are firing at friendly." Apparently Noyava's team fired on us first seeing the RPG carrying Ninja thinking it was enemy, and we fired back because we were taking from that building.

Anyway, so we moved and had some close encounters with the enemy and found the enemy mortars and captured Charlie after quite a bit of time fighting and advancing. In the meantime, I could make out from LR comms that Noyava's team suffered some losses and Biggs' team brought one of the MRAP's to Alpha sector was using the HMG to engage Sector Bravo. Some of Noyava's team got stranded nearby Bravo Sector adn all that. Almost as soon as we were able to capture Charlie Sector Bravo Sector was also captured by Noyava's team.

The town of Kore was captured then and mission success. Would love to hear how Biggs' team fared on that defense. If he encountered any counter attack at all.

Originally posted by |TG| B View Post
    On the way to the Charlie Sector, Ninja took an enemy backpack and an RPG launcher sometime before. We started to receive some fire from a building afar. We return fire to them and exchange about a mag each to each other. On the long range "Hey you are firing at friendly." Apparently Noyava's team fired on us first seeing the RPG carrying Ninja thinking it was enemy, and we fired back because we were taking from that building.
    This whole incident shouldnt have happened if I had kept better comms and C&C as Squad Lead. I always struggle with that, as I tend to push myself to the front and get way to involved in fire fights.

hat said, my initial fire "at" your team was actually directed to the 2 enemies just around the corner from your point man, who was about to walk into their ambush. I manged to down both of them with a couple rounds. At that point I was 75% sure the guy with the RPG was in AAF (it was about 150m out) but when he turned and pointed his gun at me. I hesitated to shoot him, but then he fired at me. I started firing back and simultaneously yelling "Friendlies to your south" into the LR just in case. Fortunately I don't think either of our teams took any actual hits from the exchange.

In all I think the assault went pretty well. Next time I'll approach the AO more carefully. I thought our dismount point was 600m from the first enemy position, but they had teams WAY out down the road. Biggs and B both did great keeping their teams up and on task, which I really appreciated. I too would like to hear how Bigg's team held Alpha. I hope it wasn't too quiet back there. The enemy seemed aggressive enough that I didnt want to leave any of the sectors undefended.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
    X