Airmobile Infantry Ops I-Takistan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airmobile Infantry Ops I-Takistan

Great game guys! Hope you all had fun. Good mission by Scout, good leadership from Browna, and some excellent flying skills by our pilots Naomi, Dimitrius and Badstache.

AAR/pics here, and supposedly Aaron has a video.
    "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
    -Einstein

Group pic of our ground elements right after completing the last objective - go TG!

Seconds before we all died from Wildman's grenade:

-Einstein

Comment

First objective going down

Second objective exfil

More LZ action

Taken right before we attempted repelling

We all know what this is:

(much as he won't admit it)

Saying hi to the HVT

Lots of technicals!

-Einstein

Comment

It was a great time Zil. Nice photos.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Excellent planning by Browna. I flew CAS and wasn't bored as I was able to engage all enemy vics that I was cleared hot on. I want to talk about the last photo that Zilfondel included. I had just returned to the last objective area, after being shot down by AA that wasn't supposed to be in the area, and saw that Chichco had been killed. Since the transport helos were on the ground and I was still airborne, I diverted to pick up Chichco and return him to the fight. As I returned with my passenger I called command to advise and ask where he wanted him to be dropped off. Chichco heard me and said, "In the middle of the enemy." He wanted his insertion to be like a hollywood movie. Command gave me an LZ but as we approached, the final objective cleared and Chichco asked for a repel to his teammates. That is Chichco hanging under my bird and he was my only passenger flight of the day.

I don't get to fly CAS very often so it was a nice and fun change for me.

My only negative take away was the role of recon. We are bad at our understanding of the role of recon and because of that they are used wrong. In this mission, recon was weapons hot and took out most of the enemy contacts before the assault teams even arrived. This is not a good game style. Recon is for the purpose of identifying targets and backing up the main assault elements. It is NOT for the purpose of shooting everything in sight.

Comment

This looked like it was a great mission. Nice work Scout and Browna!!

I wasn't in this mission - but what BadStache said about recon triggered a flood of bad pre-TG ArmA memories for me. Regulars around here might have noticed a certain... disdain I have for "recon" and/or "sniper teams". The two groups i regularly played with before always had "recon" teams that you had to qualify for by testing, etc. But all that being "recon" meant in practice was you got to drop where you wanted - ignoring any other squads plans, and murder the hapless AI from 800meters plus to rack up the kills so you could brag about it afterwards. That style of play is so, so toxic. So annoying to spend 30 minutes planning a multi squad assault while the "recon" team shoot everything leaving nothing for everyone else to do.

If you want to be recon, then be recon. Sit in cover and mark/call targets. Avoid ALL contact because being detected is the direct opposite of your objective.

When i see recon teams firing in missions where I have Zues access I start sending troops there way with fire support. Any decent enemy commander would fire everything he had at a hill occupied by an enemy sniper team, right?

Comment

The mission was awesome. Everyone had a great time and was following orders. Everyone was on point and knew what needed to be done. Flight crews were on point for Exfil. We had maybe a 2 minute wait at most. People were calling out targets and FTL's knew where to go because of the Squad leaders orders. The only complaint I had was about the recon team, but everyone has addressed that. This was my first Saturday Ops mission and I definitely want to do more.

P.S. : I want to apologize for the grenade. I take full responsibility and all punishments that the Admins bestow upon me.

Comment

Interestingly enough i think the platoon element took out more than the recon team. We had an M240 that did a lot. And i know i killed quiet a few at the second objective.

The planning was solid and execution was good, but i think it was too good. This mission in my opinion would be great for a single helo's worth of infantry. However 2 Helo's meant we outnumbered the EI in most cases, but add in the CAS support and we all but eliminated the only force multipliers the enemy had. The only real challenge we had was the last objective where we were forced to fight in the streets, but even then we killed most enemy from afar first and called CAS in on the rest. I'm not saying anything about Scout's mission building I'm just saying that Takistan is a map that gives it's self to long range engagements and the access of Sniper rifles and MG's meant a well placed team owned the battlefield.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildman02 View Post
                  I want to apologize for the grenade. I take full responsibility and all punishments that the Admins bestow upon me.
                  I have inadvertently killed my share of friendlies with unintentional grenades. It is almost a rite of passage with TG. Ask Noyava :D

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

True - you aren't a true TG ArmA vet until you've tossed a frag at the enemy only to find it landed under the ol' friendly grenade magnet that is me.

Some folks, like Cody , even qualify for Ace status ;).

Comment

/\ this guy
                      May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won’t.
                      -- Gen. George S. Patton

|TG189th| Cody

Comment

A mission is planned so you out number the enemy usually at least by 3 to 1. That is how it should be.

A well executed plan should result in no friendly casualties and should anticipate any surprises with a contingency.

This sounds to me like you guys had a great mission and that the planning and execution was done right.

I'm looking forward to replay of this mission on the regular rotation in the future with lots of new leaders taking different approaches.
                        |TG-189th| Unkl
                        ArmA 3 Game Officer
                        Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                        189th Infantry Brigade Member

SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN

Comment

I would also like to add, I did not sign up for pilot, but I was assigned as pilot when I came in and I found that to be a very gratifying surprise. My piloting skills are pretty good with rotary and I had a chance to work with another set of good pilots too, BadStache and NaomiLynn. Naomi and I were the transport pilots SUPER-SIX-1 and SUPER-SIX-2 and we quickly setup an ad-hoc sop for our flight plan. I was tasked with transporting Recon and Platoon Lead elements and and naomi was tasked with Squad 1. Badstache was onhand for CAS and interdiction.(THAT AA MISSILE! ;)

Naomi and I were able to dance around the mountain tops and valleys of Takistan with ease and we inserted soldiers using fast rope methods and quick landings(where we could find flat ground). I was even able to get a kill with our side gunner on a menacing technical.

I want to state for the record, in no uncertain terms here and now...

I did not crash, I was already landed and spooling down when the chopper suddenly blew up >.> Arma did not like me at the particular moment, apparently.

All in all, it was an awesome mission and I enjoyed working with such professional pilots.

Naomi and Stache, thanks for the opportunity to immerse ourselves in a flight command that served the platoon well. We had a lot of downtime, but the point I am trying to make is even during the moments while we were sitting around sipping tea waiting for exfil orders, we were discussing our tactics, what-if's and radio mannerisms.

It was a great time.

Well done DMZ Scout, browna3 , and everyone who joined in. :)

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

I was just thinking, I bet you got hit with an RPG, Dimitrius, plenty of those being carried around by the enemy. As far as the missile that flew up my tail pipe. I saw it coming and blocked it from hitting the transport helo. I'm about sacrificing myself for the good of the team like that.

Comment

Originally posted by BadStache View Post
                              I was just thinking, I bet you got hit with an RPG, Dimitrius, plenty of those being carried around by the enemy. As far as the missile that flew up my tail pipe. I saw it coming and blocked it from hitting the transport helo. I'm about sacrificing myself for the good of the team like that.
                              I was so far away from Objective 2 though. Maybe there was a random soldier within range of the saddle I landed on, absolutely possible.

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X