AAR Liberation 5/5/17

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAR Liberation 5/5/17

So after the recommendation of Unkl to run liberation for our modest group of 6 or so, we decided to load it up. We started off by attempting to take a very small enemy base that included 1 tower and about 2 buildings.

After landing and approaching the objective we spotted one BTR and about 3 IFRIT's as well as about 20 EI at the objective site. The enemy had spotted our insertion and sent a QRF of one IFRIT to take us out which mostly succeeded lol. After getting up we again tried to approach the objective but was swiftly noticed quickly and taken out by a BMP. After respawning and attempting to move to the objective from the south this time using several buildings about 300 meters from the objective as a base of fire. This would have worked in a normal mission however, we were hit with what seemed like an unlimited amount of reinforcements from the enemy that included T-100's, IFRIT's, and BTR's as well as an enemy attack chopper. Everyone brought AT along and quickly exhausted all rockets, with respawns brining in fresh rockets and it still did not seem to be enough. After everyone finally being wiped we decided to respawn and attempt a different objective.

Objective number two was to assault a small town from one of our existing bases that was again about 300 meters away on a large hill that definitely provided the high ground advantage. We inserted into the base via ghosthawk and went unnoticed. Everything went smooth until physically taking the town when again, the enemy seemed to have unlimited reinforcements of nothing but heavy armor. Again, barraged by tanks and BTR's we holed up in town and exhausted our many rockets.

This was a very difficult mission to lead as it seemed we were mostly pinned down the entire time. There was a lot of excitement and this is definitely a good mission if you like to make things explode. The mechanics of certain things were much different than I am used to with most TG missions such as the ability of the commander to unlock assets for individual players as well as a built in zeus function for the person slotted as commander. I'm pretty sure that exists to help scale down the mission but I am definitely not a master at operating zeus so that function went left unused. I feel that this would be a very good mission for the majority of TG regulars on a busy night and feel like we could really have some fun with it. Just know it is VERY difficult lol.
    " To no man will I cause or permit harm to befall. Nor will I refuse aid to any who seek it."

It was a lot of fun Phoenix. I have some pretty good video that I'm going to try and get up on youtube showing the mission attempts. We did end up taking the town and moved towards the radio tower. Enroute, we were waylaid by a squad of enemies both on our front and flank, an attack helicopter, a tank and an Ifrit all showed up to ruin the day.

Oh yeah, and just to rub salt in the wound, one our squad mates was run over by a civilian travelling about 100kph.

We ended up having an Alamo moment as we defended FOB Alpha against waves of enemies.

Good fun!

Comment

Welcome to Liberation. lol

If you noticed the icons on the right side of the screen you may have noticed one that looked like an exclamation mark. That indicates enemy alertness to you. The higher the number the higher the alert status and the more aggressive the enemy response to your presence. To bring that number down you can do side missions. The commander has access to those.

Comment

That makes sense, I remember seeing it at 74. So we were probably setting fireworks off over our heads as we approached our objectives.

Comment

It was fun for sure! I think If I knew more about the mechanics of the mission it would have made it easier. That is definitely some awesome mission scripting and design.
          " To no man will I cause or permit harm to befall. Nor will I refuse aid to any who seek it."

Comment

Not going to be able to post any video. Trouble with the frame rate makes the audio totally out of sync. So I'll have to try again and break my recording into 10 minute parts and upload them straight to youtube next time.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X