Somato, South Sahrani.
Mission: ArmA Demo Coop Mission
1) Eliminate enemy presence in South Sahrani town of Somato.
2) Use proper planning and extreme caution not to lose a single team member until the mission is complete.
3) Accomplish the mission in the first attempt.
Briefing from session 1.
Fire team Alpha: SL
Fire team Bravo: FTL (Rifleman) / FTM (SAW) / FTM (AT)
Fire team Charlie: FTL (Rifleman) / FTM (SAW) / FTM (AT)
Fire team Delta: FTL (Sniper)
Column formation at fire team level. Bravo 1 (FTL, right) at point, Bravo 2 (middle) covering 6 and Bravo 3 watching 12...
- High risk associated with Military Operations on Urban Terrain (MOUT) was the first thing that came to my mind when I received the mission from main HQ. Enemy forces had opportunity to set their defense in and around the town. I had to find the safest way of achieving objectives without losing any one under my command.
Sweeping a main road with two fire teams advancing by successive bounding...Bravo on left, Charlie on right side.
- A two-staged plan seemed applicable. In the first phase, we were going to clear as many targets as possible from outside, without entering the town by circling it. Four main waypoints set, starting from SE main road to west field hospital. Second phase of the mission was entering the city from west, after clearing the hospital and guard houses.
- Phase I was completed with high efficiency, better than I expected. Majority of enemy targets eliminated without setting foot in town.
Three fire teams advancing north on eastern side of the town by covering each other.
- There was minimal enemy resistance during Phase II. Town was cleared once we hit the first intersection towards the city center.
Success. All objectives accomplished with the exception of the second. Casualties were minimal but not zero.
Props to all under my command for their dedication, discipline, suggestions and patience. Keep up the good work gents.