Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sunday 05-13-07 Evolution (Public Server 1.07 Beta)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday 05-13-07 Evolution (Public Server 1.07 Beta)

We had outstanding games in the early afternoon US times. We had a nice mix of those new to ArmA and some vets running a wide combination of missions. The ShackTac folks joined up and ran some squads as well.

I was just looking and we had 17 on the server! So I expect some good AAR in this thread!

Also any feedback on if the rescue choppers functioned or were used is requested!

Re: Sunday 05-13-07 Evolution (Public Server 1.07b)

Myself and Mercenarius attempted to fix a cobra with one of the repair helis, but we couldnt get it to work. I dont know if theres a action menu option to get it to work or not, or how close you have to be or what. In the end it didnt work and wound up getting too close and haveing the rotors get caught under the cobras and totaling both helis.... again....

Comment

Was awesome, I had a great time :D

Hope to play on there pretty much exclusively or at least with this crowd.

Cheers!

Feedback
      Our LAV III oops Stryker just blew up randomly killing all aboard. I'm sure that was just a game flaw though. As far as server feedback go's it's excellent, speaking as a new member the people were very helpful and it didn't take long to get the hang of it.

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiner View Post
        We had outstanding games in the early afternoon US times. We had a nice mix of those new to ArmA and some vets running a wide combination of missions. The ShackTac folks joined up and ran some squads as well.

I was just looking and we had 17 on the server!
        The outstanding games continued into the wee morning hours. :) It's 2:40am EDT and we just finished the entire mission. Pita was the last town, and it was definitely a chore even with some solid air support.

Many thanks to everyone who came on today/tonight for the action. It was great to have such excellent games with TG and ShackTac folks -- looking forward to more in the future.

Comment

I know this might be "Old Hat" to allot of you here, but I was simply amazed just at the team play :D. I have wanted a war game that has this exact how can I say it ... Mentality or caliber of those who play it, Red Orchestra once or twice has come out alright, even a few BF2 : POE games I have had have been interesting with one squad working together.

But Earlier today we had multiple squads pulling missions, and later this evening a nice sized squad campaigning across the map. The whole thing was awesome and I cannot wait to play again.

Again, thanks for baring with me for I am just starting out.
          All in all I didn't foul up or fare too badly for my first time in the ring :D

Cheers

Comment

Who needs stingers to take down air targets :)

I tried playing with teamspeak overlay tonight, and it was rough, I feel i can't use it any more with this game or my FPS count will be single digits.

I'd like to see players identifying themselves when they talk, at least when it's not obvious, because "me" and "I" sometimes is quite meaningless in comms.

Have we even tested out the patched in-game comms to see if they are playable yet? Turning off TS would help framerates even more.

Attacking that last town at nightfall was freakin superb, this game is awesome and has so much potential. It was great playing with you fellas!

[Game rules, announcements, and SOPs ][ ][ ][ ]
            "The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves."
            - Wulfyn

Comment

That is a good comment sloppy. I use teamspeak overlay.. so I tend to forget others don't have this on and get stuck using "me" sometimes.

Comment

Yes, very good games into the evening. Clearing those towns with infantry supporting the armor was great fun. Even though I think the road to the FARP by carmen has an issue as I saw 3 or 4 vehicles explode for no reason.
                |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

I was there as well, but was having trouble with the TS. Now I know what it's like not hearing :-) Oh, by the way I was John (2) trying to work with the members. It wasn't until late that afternoon that I finally figure out how to get the blasted TS to work. It seems it was head space and timing on my part. I'm looking forward again to learn the ropes when I join again.

Where can I find the schedule on when you guys will be back fighting again? Is there going to be a big get together during the Memorial Day weekend?

JohnO
                  Knowing is not enough, we must apply.

Willing is not enough, we must DO.

Comment

In other news...playing on a privately hosted FWF (Flesh Wound Freaks) server from 4:00pm - 4:00am EST we finished our own game of Evolution on Saturday. Last town was Pita (as always) with three guys Laser Designating, two guys in GBU Harriers, and one guy in an A-10 it was a cakewalk compared to Corazal. The fires from the vehicles and buildings along with the sunset provided a good ending to our hard day of fighting. We had 18 people for a good 6 hours straight, then had 10 for another four hours, and finished the match with 6.

Maybe it's about time I get on TG eh?

Comment

Re: Sunday 05-13-07 Evolution (Public Server 1.07 Beta)

A little late to the party but I want to extend my gratitude to TG for hosting Sunday's session. That was the first time I was able to sit down and play ArmA and I couldn't have hoped for a better introduction. Good stuff.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X