Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tuesday 05-15-07 Evolution (Public Server 1.07 Beta)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday 05-15-07 Evolution (Public Server 1.07 Beta)

More great games tonight. We're starting to see more new faces (new to ArmA at TG, anyway) on the server -- welcome, all.

We started out by clearing Paraiso with only a few people. We moved on to Somato after that, and that's where things started to pick up. Fairly soon we had about 15 folks playing, and most stuck around for quite a while. We established a convoy of HMMWVs, Strykers, and support trucks after clearing Somato and took it down to Cayo for the next phase of the campaign. After clearing Cayo, we used a Black Hawk to swing south of Dolores and hit it from the beach on the east side. At this point, on Dome's suggestion, we split off an Air Element channel in Teamspeak and had Evil Koala and Dome running air transport and resupply while the ground element did its job. We used Channel Commanders to communicate between the channels and made liberal use of the map to mark LZs, drop-offs, and pick-ups; everything ran smoothly. It was nice to get another level of organization into the game like that. I hope we can continue to do it and expand our comms further. We made it through Dolores and had started on Ortego before I had to drop off.

Thanks to all who played tonight for some excellent ArmA action. It seems like the level of organization and team play is rising nicely. We've had some excellent games since the v1.07 Beta patch arrived. I'll be on tomorrow night -- I hope to see plenty of folks on again.

Re: Tuesday 05-15-07 Evolution (Public Server 1.07 Beta)

Ahh too bad I crashed in Somato and decided to call it a night. I rather enjoyed the small 3 person squad action with Strag, Mercenarius and myself clearing pariaso. Glad to see the population fill-out!

Comment

Too bad I had other commitments, the real potential of Evolution is with a large organized player base. You can get the whole feel without having to load a new mission every few minutes.
      |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Last night was a continuation of the action from Tuesday night, albeit with a smaller group of eight to ten folks. We were on the second day of the same mission, so we had some high-ranking folks in the group who had access to the heavy hardware.

Corazol was the next town in our campaign, and we proceeded through it relatively quickly. Obregan also fell without too much trouble, although there were a couple of tense moments. Almost all of our work in these towns was conducted on foot, with helicopter pilots providing transport and resupply to LZs outside of the towns.

Bagango, the next town in line, would have presented a much tougher challenge had it not been for the use of laser-guided bombs delivered via Harrier. Sgt. Moore was the Harrier pilot, and as our squad of ground pounders lased targets for him from a nearby ridge, he obliterated several armored vehicles and quite a few infantry. After that, the job for us ground pounders became a relatively easy task of moving in and mopping up the remaining infantry. Unfortunately, we lost our Harrier pilot after taking Bagango, so we had to plan our next move without the benefit of air support.

Eponia was the next town in the campaign, so we prepped for our attack. We stocked a Black Hawk with a LOT of weapons and ammo and used it as a forward supply element. Evil Koala did a fantastic job of flying the bird at (and sometimes below) treetop height to avoid fire from a Shilka protecting the town, as well as evading enemy choppers and jets patrolling the area. We approached Eponia on foot from the west and attacked from a small hill, destroying most of the armor and many of the infantry holding the town. After our initial attack we moved into the town and captured it without too much trouble. A few remaining infantry and an orbiting KA-50 caused some trouble, but nothing insurmountable.

Following the capture of Eponia, we regrouped, rearmed, mounted our Black Hawk, and headed to Masbete. There is a high hill overlooking Masbete from the west, so we decided to set up shop there. Sloppy Joe assumed the Black Hawk piloting duties; he brought us down smoothly on a flat area at the hill's peak, and we disembarked and observed the town. We'd gained another Harrier pilot (Mercenarius), so we decided to lase targets from our relatively safe position before moving in to mop up. It turned out that Masbete was fairly heavily defended, with at least two Shilkas and several infantry equipped with Strelas providing anti-air cover. We lost a couple of friendly air assets as well as some friendly infantry before finally securing the town. It was a tough nut to crack.

After securing Masbete, we started to prepare for the push on the final town. However, it was at this point that the server crashed, so we never did get to take Pita and win the campaign. We'll have to save that for another day.

Great games again! Thanks to everyone who played. The Harrier pilots provided several opportunities for "WOW" moments as their bombs took out target after target. It certainly made things easier for us ground pounders. :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X