Thursday evening(6/14/2007) around 7PM EDT-EVO Server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday evening(6/14/2007) around 7PM EDT-EVO Server

First we were all in the evo server which was a mess from the players before us. Ghambit pointed out that the problems with the unranked version are even worse than the ranked because everyone crashes the good vehicles that you want to use now that you are finally colonel all over the place. So we voted an admin and reset the server. We all agreed that we would do our best to at the very least repair destroyed vehicles as we went and whenever feasible return them to base. This worked well until our fuel truck ran out of the fuel. :)

I assumed command and suggested we do Evo COOP style. I apologize in advance for leaving anyone out or getting your names wrong/mixed up. First up was my Red team in my squad of B and Pfeil. They were the tank crew. My infantry(Blue Team) included, Buster, Gogeta, Madhatter,Gambit, and later some others joined. Merc brought up additional APC support. Nkato flew transport in the MG UH-60. We cleared Paraiso a little unorganized because I was trying to straighten out my support convoy which had the usual A.I. problems. Once Paraiso was cleared, we organized. I had a vulcan and support trucks and BLue and Red. Nkato did a good job up bringing up anyone who had died in paraiso and the new fellas to the staging point. We moved out approaching on the west road. Pfeil was the tank commander and I gave him control of the ground team with orders to use them to cover blind corners for the tank. Dec started out as my Command Stryker gunner, but was much more use on the ground team spotting targets with the tank. B and Pfeil worked like a well oiled machine and had the ground team moving here and there. Excellent use of comms. THen the crashing started. I dropped once and then again so I called it quits, but Somato was almost cleared then some others crashed.

All and all we played the mission like an organized COOP. This mission has a lot of potential when played like this. It was great to see the teamwork and effort from everyone to work together. I think the tank only took one serious hit and didn't really lose any infantry but at one engagement. Great times. The potential to use Evolution as a massive COOP mission is there. Anyone who was on can testify to how much fun it would be to have about 20 players on organize by role: ground, Air, Command, and Armor and then clear the cities. At that point multiple channels on TS would be used and we could add even a more feel of realism as everyone has to be clear and simple in requests to get it coordinated. Again Great job guys, I wish I could have stayed longer. We'll definately have to do it again. Maybe we can get a poll up to see what nights people want to schedule a COOP Evo night. Kind of like a password night on the BF2 servers. We'll get the password changed so only those who visited that thread join so no one will be lone wolfing and we can alternate positions. Without some organization, the unranked Evo is going to be a mess.
    |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Re: Thursday evening(6/14/2007) around 7PM EDT-EVO Server

Yet another awesome 5hrs of ArmA tonight :D Great teamwork guys. kato again nice flying. I think my favorite moment was... the water tower... kato had decided to fly us directly into the city and drop is with a bunch of cover... 2 or 3 of us jumped out... ran across the street, covering eachother. Then kato takes off in the bh and circles over the tower. I quickly ran up the hill, thru the fence and placed 2 satchels on opposite sides of the supports, ran out of there down the opposite hill into the desert!! wide open taking fire.... I dive in a bush as kato was decending with a gunner covering me... I looked back up the hill towards and tower and brought that thing down! Then hightailed it over to the bh and we got outta there. It all happend so smoothly.. good times :D

Great Games to everyone there tonight!! This coopEvo is really fun.
    Dizlor

Comment

I spent my first night on ArmA tonight, and i have to say, im really impressed. I have jumped in occasionally in the past, but due to dodgy PC, and steep learning curve, i never got into it. But tonight was different, here are some of the guys who were there!

It started by trying to save a few downed Blackhawks, then progressed on to moving on foot to the first city we attacked. Hell, while we were in there i even got a few kills!:) We used some very good cohesion between the SM's, and done some IMO nice squad based tactics, covering ETC.

We lost some SM's and a cobra who spawned back at the main base, while the rest of us progressed to the forward base N of the city (if these directions are wrong please correct me!)

We then progressed on to the next city, and for a little while it was like a turkey shoot for us from the hill, until the Opfor copped on and flanked us all to successfully!:( I think one of us survived. It was at that point i had to fly us in (desperate times!) But good times!:) I then had to bug out, bed time!:(

Im sure it was a pretty ordinary night for you guys, but this is starting to show the potential for ArmA to me! Thanks to all the guys there for putting up with my noobishness, and my dodgy landings!:)

PS: About the learning curve, i find it helped me a lot to complete a fair few campaign and single missions, gets you in the correct mindset for the game i believe.

Comment

I came late ingame but had fun, as always on a TG night on a server

Comment

This was certainly a fantastic evening of gaming on the Evolution server. The use of infantry, armor and a supply convoy was a great idea and added a lot to the immersion level. When the refueling truck ran out of fuel and we sat waiting for another to arrive, all I could do was laugh and think of the old adage, “Hurry up and wait.”

This mod certainly shines when played as a series of large cooperative missions. I think it would be a lot of fun to spend a weekend working with a group to complete all ten objectives.

Comment

I spent nearly an hour to retrive a downed Cobra high in the mountains west of Ortego. The AI refused to climb the hills, so I directed them as far as they would go, then I departed the squad after a death and did the rest myself. I didnt crash it, but I felt it was a much needed asset that I wanted someone to make use of. After repairing and refeuling the chopper, I RTB with the chopper and hopped into a Littlebird to rejoin the goup.
            This was a challenge for me. I really didnt want to leave the group that was clearing towns. The Cobra was positioned in a difficult place to get the trucks to. It wasn't very fun, lol, but I learned some good lessons in support logistics.

This is how I 'roll'. Doing something for the benefit of the group rather than myself.
            I may be an a$$hole, but at least I'm a team oriented one. ;)

I will continue to persuade fellow USI members to join this server. Good times!
            Last edited by DirTyDeeDs; 06-15-2007, 10:15 AM.

Comment

It was fun times indeed. In 1.06 I was playing on pub servers but really wishing there was some kind of organization... Last night I saw that organization. It was great.

Comment

Great Game!...Great Team Work!...It sounded like a great material to make an outstanding team...
                SGT Moore was missed!
                GHWY
                Because Lightspeed is superior to Soundspeed some individuals look brilliant before sounding stupid:row__572:

Comment

Aye, good times. Although my 'tude was a problem sometimes - and every time the server went quiet for about five to ten minutes, I got nervous and wondered if the server had crashed or everyone was losing connections. (Ah, the joys of being unable to use TS... >.>) Other than that, it was fun shooting down the KA-50's towards the end.
                  Hey guys, this is a public service announcement from NKato. I am Deaf, so when the helo goes down, you're best off typing "AAAAAAAAIIIEEEEE!!!" instead of attempting to scream it. Thanks!

Comment

Last night was one of the best times I've had playing a game online. ArmA is the first non Battlefield series game I've owned and I think I have a new favorite. I had a lot more fun than I thought I would in a co-op game.

Comment

I came in Late as well and Had to leave early but it was fun backing up you guys and watching dirty just get nasty on the 240
                      I came I saw I got blowed UP

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X