Arma NIGHT AAR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arma NIGHT AAR

Another great night on ArmA tonight guys, here are some of the highlights!

As i joined the server, it was dusk, so i announced i was going to pick up some NVG's. "You wont need them" said Sam.....;) As someone said, what did you learn from Black Hawk Down.....

After hitting the first city around this time, we regrouped, and hit the second. I really enjoyed this, my first night time engagement in ArmA, and my god was it good, id like to see more Evo games at night.....From downed Helos, to screwing around with flares, it was a joy on the eye, and exhilerating!!We started with a mid range engagement against far numerically superior enemy over open ground, won the fire fight, and eventually progressed into the city.

The downed Enemy Helo, which came down near our ammo truck, and on my old position! Just avoided catastrophy!:madsmile:

Night time!!!!:)

A cool photo of our helo at night, and of the damage he done to unsuspecting OpFor vehicles!

After taking this city, we then regrouped, and moved to hit the third. This is where i bit the bullet, but i flew a little bird up and regrouped, before hitting the second to last City!I believe we had a stryker and Abrams tank in the city, and Cobra on top cover, while our infantry squad manouvered through the forest SW of city to get in position.

Here is a cool pic of the city being lit up by a flare!

And a red flare.

I think what im trying to achieve with the pretty pics is to tempt some people who would never play, or are still only considering playing the game, to give it a shot, the potential is staggering, and this was all done with just 10-15 guys! There was also no mention of the friendliness of these guys, which was very welcoming to what is, essentiall still a noob(me!)and the little jobs we had to do, like convoys of trucks, but all was top notch! I think im going to Download the tracer mod now, bet it looked even cooler!!!

PS: As promised, here is that Para drop pic....was my idea, and i was the only one who died within 2 seconds of diving out!!!:(

Last edited by Jeepo; 06-16-2007, 12:17 AM.

Re: Arma NIGHT AAR

sweet pics guy :madsmile:

Comment

Hell ya great pics.... Thats me under one of those parachutes :D Too bad yours got tangled :P
      Dizlor

Comment

Great Pics I too am in one of those Chutes
        I came I saw I got blowed UP

Comment

Good Battle shots Jeepo.
          I'll try and stow away a spare set of NVGs for ya.
          "I like a man who grins when he fights"
          Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

hahaha. Very nice. I really like the flare picture. Red one seems pretty cool too... and lol at the chuting picture... Keep these pictures coming Jeepo, u r the best AAR reporter we have...

Comment

Originally posted by |TG| B
              Keep these pictures coming Jeepo, u r the best AAR reporter we have...
              Times must be hard round here then, eh?!:madsmile:

Comment

That was a great night on the Evolution server. I had participated in some of the earlier action to clear out the first couple of towns and returned later in the evening to see the last few fall. The teamwork and tactics used throughout were topnotch and it was a real pleasure to have played with everyone.

I am glad someone caught a screenshot of that jump, by the way. Two more and we should all get our wings!

Comment

I so glad someone got a pic of the para drop. It was an even better view from the air. I can't describe how cool it was to look around and see the whole team falling around me. Too bad we didn't get it on video.

Comment

Here are some pic, with a few explainations!

When i joined the server, things were already flying, and it was yet again night time! Around 2am in game time....Here is a night Para insertion, from what felt like space, the time it took for us to land! :D Sadly this was the only person i could locate when in air, but there were about 6-8 of us? PS, it was last night i was able to locate the big dipper in the stars....how cool is that!?!?

This is the type of trouble we were landing in! If my NVG's had not flicked on, this photo would have rocked, hot landing at night!

This was a little later, as the sun was beginning to rise, and many thanks to Soonerfan for posing here,lol! :row__577:Nice silhouette, with friendly helo in background. Have a few variations of this, but this one has helo in background!(Tiny as it is) Also, i tried damn hard tonight to get a pic of tracer, which bounces of solid objects at all sort of cool angelys, but very hard to get, as no one actually declares when the open fire, all you hear is the crack! But i will get some someday.....

A pic of our squad, after clearing a town, it was now about 7am in game, relaxing in the sun on the voyage to the RV. 5T truck ws full, plus helo shipping people to battlefield.......more people getting into ArmA i wonder?.....

On arrival, we prepared for the assault, and were hit by the enemy in superiour numbers and with armour support, from high ground across the valley, with the sun on their backs.....As you can just about catch in the Pic, they also had air superiority in the shape of fast attack jets, and was it 2 helos? We took a lot of casualties here if i remember correct, kept the Helo pilots very busy, with some good work by them....

Once we pushed them of the hill, we took it and used it to push from the south. I believe Strag, Gogeta, Pfeil and Angelofdarkness were on this hill at some point. (Hope i didnt forget anyone, but i probably did!...) A typical range engagement with out optics....damn rank system! ;) Also, the forest features here also featured in a previous AAR, the one with the flares going of all over, lot less spooky during the day...

We moved into town, and finished up, before regrouping to hit the last city, which got hectic quick, no screens as i tried to stay alive!!! Hit on arrival by infantry, Tanks, Bmp's, the works! Good times! But we won.....and everyone got to see me do the Kung Fu!! :madsmile:

Last but not least, "how you doin'?" God i hope thats not Sam Hoy.....:row__520:

So, who wants to play now?......
                    Last edited by Jeepo; 06-18-2007, 01:16 AM.

Comment

Good work tonight. Itís nice to have armor, infantry, and air support all working together. We did end up clearing the map by the end of the night.
                      |TG| Yanu - Bad handwriting since the 8th grade.

Comment

Grrr...Sleep!! My Arch enemy!!!..
                        You guys sound like you had a great time..Great work!!!
                        And thanks for the AAR!!! And I really like the PARA insertion idea at night! Puts a nice twist on strategy....
                        |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
                        ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Another fine engagement.
                          It's getting smoother and smoother just like oiled silk and an excellent turn out too.
                          Not a good idea to be toooooooooooooooo near our "metal armour" when their T72 is about.
                          A shell exploded front end full on and it took me out in the after explosion while prone 20 Yards back trying to lay down suppression fire.
                          Did stop the AT'er though before he had loosed any off the gitty.

Keep it up guys not had this much FUN WITH A GUN in a long while.
                          Thanks everyone it was super.
                          Lashings of Ginger beer and stawberry jam sandwiches for all ;¨D

TALLY-HO I'm going in

Barnaby out
                          Last edited by Barnaby; 06-18-2007, 09:24 AM. Reason: *
                          "I like a man who grins when he fights"
                          Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...