Monday Night Evo server (6/18/2007)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday Night Evo server (6/18/2007)

Great games tonight. Great work and great leadership. I joined in to see stickyjeans take charge and organize the server. Including recovering lost vehicles. Jeon did a great job running transport all night. There was about 20+ on the server so we decided to split into different squads on TS. I can't enourage everyone enough to download the keybinds and print out the reference sheet. Utilizing channel commander we were able to run 3 squads and a 4th squad not on channel commander. Peardog headed up the other infantry squad and Moore ran a sniper squad with Merc. Worked well cleaning up Ortego. I can't wait until we get everyoen on the same page with comms. I saw a lot of new faces and a lot of teamwork. What more can you ask for? Can't wait to do it again everyone.
    |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Re: Monday Night Evo server (6/18/2007)

I had a great time flying transport for you guys, I hope we can do it again. I need to get on the server before it's finished and screencap all my LZs so there's no need to rediscover them later!

I still remember Landing Zone 03 (LZ03)... oh, the horror... I lost my first MH-6 there, fully loaded... then lost my second MH-6 there, fully loaded... then I brought in the third fully-loaded MH-6 to the same spot only to see the flaming wreckage of the two MH-6 there before. Talk about depressing.

Anyway, I'm mostly devoting myself to running trans on Evo servers now. I ended up with a score of over 160 from almost nothing but MH-6 and later UH-60 runs. I wonder when the next time we'll have such a high player count on our password-only server will be.

Comment

I participated in several of the objectives and had another great night of gaming with everyone on the Evolution server. Some of my highlights:
      • Johnflenaly covering a street corner and missing a BRDM that passed by him.
      • Reinforcing tHa_KhAn at a church just in time to see him die, then watching an enemy helicopter crash into the building and kill another squad member and me.
      • Stickyjeans69 and I hopping out of a Stryker and into the path of a BDRM.
      • THa_KhAn and peardog breaking our squad into fire teams and using different sub-channels on TeamSpeak to clear one of the towns.
      • Working with John_C in a battle team to help clear one of the early objectives.

ArmA has really begun to shine for me, now that I have mastered the basics and no longer feel totally lost on the island. Evolution can be a lot of fun with organized groups working to complete specific objectives. We seem to have barely scratched the surface with this title and I look forward to seeing it really flourish within the community. It's nights like this one that will go a long way toward building a strong player base for this fantastic game.

Comment

This is my first attempt at reporting video's so all you critics be nice.... the time lapse is due to the 30 second limit on Fraps trial

First a few shilkas, didnt think to frap the shot on the first one... and note the distances...
        [media]http://www.tacticalsites.com/~sgtmoore/Videos/ShilkaShot.wmv[/media]

Second a not-so-great extract of myself and a POW....
        [media]http://www.tacticalsites.com/~sgtmoore/Videos/HeloExtractF.wmv[/media]

I have a third but its too large to upload to my FTP.....

Comment

Barnaby reporting.
          Arrived at Base camp aboard the Base bus just in time for embarcation to Sumato.
          So late in signing in to Squad one - one -Kilo that the Little bird and stryker rolled out with me running up the hard standing after it.
          Luckily they spotted me and backed up to let me board.
          We were on our way.
          Deep in thought of the battle to come I studied the faces of my comrades.
          Shock horror we all look as if we had the same dad certainly we all come from the same gene pool. euuuuugh.

Top cover called he had sighted some mechanised near to our planned drop off.
          We proceeded with caution, then the call came to empty out and engage.
          We had picked a fine spot to unload, there was a T72 on our East a BMP to our front a uz with Heavy mg to our West and they were all somewhat annoyed with us being there.
          We started frying cans but soon I was taken down by ground troops...........
          When I came to I must of got medi-vacced out to home base so fullly recovered I joined the guys hanging on the outside of the little bird.
          In we went Karrrrbooom totalled.
          medi-vacced back to base, recover, rearm sitting inside the little bird this time of we go.
          Plink plank plunk we get shot out the sky all down no fit survivors MEDIC back to basecamp again.
          Recover blah blah blah
          Pilot recovered too you up for it boys he says so of we go again
          In we go low and fast; steady steady, the trees watch the trees Nooooooooooo karboooooom tail rotor slices into the trees and we are undone.

I come to @ the base camp, the pilot limps out to the flight line, I think one of us grunts has kicked him in the nuts ;ŹD
          We clamber in, oh my God the smell of fear Frrrp.
          The pilot says on comms that this time we will use the hill as a shield and drop of behind it, we all "Hi Five" this time we'll do it.
          In we come, low, slow no enemy contacts 100, 60, 30, 10, 5 the little bird has landed.
          I leap out kiss the ground and blow kisses @ the pilot, my this feels good.
          We move towards the Radio tower where our loan teamate has been waiting for some support .......... hang on in there buddy we're coming.................

That was
          |TG| Barnaby covered in mud & blood - thoroughly pi$$ed - wet through - shot @ - battered but unbowed - cyaz @ Base camp l8'ers for another rip roaring time.
          "I like a man who grins when he fights"
          Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

There was a different serious error for the reason we crashed each time in the little bird during that incident. But I'll just chalk it up to the law of averages catching up with me, because I then had more than two hours of flying chopper without crashing. :)

And that video above, the extraction was excellent!! It was the landing to rearm our APC that was fubared.... nah, I'm just bitter, haha

Hey, why does everybody bring up the chopper crashes.... :D

Comment

Hey Jeon
              I'll fly to die any time with you m8 NP.
              War is .......

armatrailermaker.com/gallery.php?c=8

If you add this bit without the Brkts to the front of the text above you should be able to see a video I made which won a small comp over here in the UK.

War is.......

The server wont let me post the full link until I have made 15 posts ........ ho hum, so you will need to add the htpp: followed by the 2 forward slashes then triple w. to get the video to run.

It's #122 I also did #123 too just a bit of fun.
              Last edited by Barnaby; 06-19-2007, 07:58 AM.
              "I like a man who grins when he fights"
              Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

I had a great time to guys. Lot's of fun and can't wait to do it again.

Maybe a suggestion?

If we have two or three squads/fireteams when nt all wait at base, and all go to the map. Then we can watch while the FT/Squad leaders place markers on how we are going to move and attack a city from multiple angles. Use dif color markers for each squad. Thus, if need be and we all die, we can say "FT1 regroup at waypoint three and we will proceed from there on foot". This then gives us set points and a set plan instad of making it up.

We can have squad one be the main squad moving in head first while 2 and three move in on the flanks and slowly taking out enemy's and then we all meet at the radio tower or a rendevouz point in the middle of town. Once Radio tower is blown, each squad moves back to say WP 3 and then we start over.

Everyone open map, squad leaders decided best way(via Chan Comm.) Squad members watch it all happen so we have an idea of whats going on. Then we have three choppers come pick us up, drop us off at the LZ(new WP1) and then from there we continue. Once next city is take, we start it again.

I think this weill bring alot of realism to the game and allow us to know whats happening instead of sitting in the open waiting for orders. The orders can be given quickly("Sq.1 move to way point two, Wedge, 30m spacing, follow Two. We have squads 2 and 3 on our flanks, hold fire to east and west untill confirmed hostile.") Quick, easy, understandable and we know where to go.

Again this is all just a suggestion.

Agnew

Again thanks for the amazing nights cant wait for more.

Comment

Originally posted by J.Agnew7 View Post
                  Maybe a suggestion?

If we have two or three squads/fireteams when nt all wait at base, and all go to the map. Then we can watch while the FT/Squad leaders place markers on how we are going to move and attack a city from multiple angles. Use dif color markers for each squad. Thus, if need be and we all die, we can say "FT1 regroup at waypoint three and we will proceed from there on foot". This then gives us set points and a set plan instad of making it up.

We can have squad one be the main squad moving in head first while 2 and three move in on the flanks and slowly taking out enemy's and then we all meet at the radio tower or a rendevouz point in the middle of town. Once Radio tower is blown, each squad moves back to say WP 3 and then we start over.

Everyone open map, squad leaders decided best way(via Chan Comm.) Squad members watch it all happen so we have an idea of whats going on. Then we have three choppers come pick us up, drop us off at the LZ(new WP1) and then from there we continue. Once next city is take, we start it again.

I think this weill bring alot of realism to the game and allow us to know whats happening instead of sitting in the open waiting for orders. The orders can be given quickly("Sq.1 move to way point two, Wedge, 30m spacing, follow Two. We have squads 2 and 3 on our flanks, hold fire to east and west untill confirmed hostile.") Quick, easy, understandable and we know where to go.
                  Excellent suggestions, Agnew.

With the number of players we're starting to see on the Evolution server, I'd say it's time to start taking things one step further and have someone step up as Platoon Leader (PL) in these situations. Then, the PL would be the person to lay out the plan and coordinate the squads for each action (much as you've described above, Agnew). I know boudreux and tHa_KhAn have done this, and I'd love to see more of it from our other leaders. For those looking for chances to lead larger groups, opportunities await.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X