Clearing Dolores and Ortego - June 22 Evo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clearing Dolores and Ortego - June 22 Evo

I played my first major ArmA session lasting a few hours with a decent population on the Evo server tonight.

Highlights included:

- Advancing into Dolores using a Stryker as cover and ammo resupply.

- Capturing an enemy officer, getting him extracted by chopper only to shoot him at the base because he wouldn't get out of the littlebird.

- Taking fire on a street crossing in Dolores. While the Stryker and a fellow soldier fire at 3 o'clock an UAZ pulls up at 12 o'clock with a manned machine gun. I zoom in, see a RED TAG on the UAZ and call it out for the team ("UAZ dead ahead! 12 o'clock"). The Stryker and me open fire. We kill Sam_Hoy who was driving around in that UAZ for a few minutes. I felt really bad for calling that shot.
    Sam flew back into town and announced that he will be getting back in the UAZ. The very second he got in the UAZ our Styker gunner blows him up (this time without my involvement).

- Staging a Platoon sized rescue operation for Pfeil who dug in at the Gas station south of Ortego surrounded by multiple enemy infantry squads and armor. Low on ammo and hurt he held them off from the top floor. We moved in using 2 littlebirds to touch down very close and draw the enemy fire. We then moved in to rescue him while hearing him scream for help over the radio=TS. Very hollywood-like. (I had the whole operation recorded on Fraps - at least i thought i had. But instead of pressing the record video button i pressed the screenshot key! That would've been a great Video AAR)

Gas station secured:

- Having the night fall and switch to night vision while clearing Ortego street corner by street corner.

- An AI medic in distance to heal me after waiting for one a long time getting driven over by AngelofDeath and his TOW HMMV :)

- Moving with sticky and Gunny on a 3 men patrol and suddenly taking fire from an open field. Everybody hits the dirt and returns fire. In the end the enemy was dead and we were still kickin.

- Finding that last BRDM after searching the town for hours and blowing it up (and getting blown up in the process).

Good game everyone.
    former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Re: Clearing Dolores and Ortego - June 22 Evo

Nice work mate, very nice! And who said killing Sam Hoy was a bad thing?!?!

Comment

Nice report.. I wish I was there...
      |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
      ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Originally posted by dawolf View Post
        - Capturing an enemy officer, getting him extracted by chopper only to shoot him at the base because he wouldn't get out of the littlebird.
        If it was a human pilot, you can either have him get out, then the ai should follow suite. Or if the helo landed, you can tell the AI to eject. Ejecting the AI should always work....

Comment

Great AAR daWolf!

Helps poor junkies like me who are stuck at work all night instead of getting their ArmA fix ;)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X