wow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wow

Just DL'd the game tonight (Direct2Drive.com) and I must say - this game is stunning. Thanks to Shafik for showing me the ropes tonight... I had a blast.

After getting my video settings tweaked (curiously turning things UP - like resolution - actually INCREASED my frame rate... :row__687: anyway - no arguments there!) myself shafik and farman (?) headed out by jeep on a mission to retrieve a downed pilot. The crash site was just over the top of a large ridge... we parked a ways back and made our way on foot to the crash site. Once we got there we were ambushed! Huge exposions rocked the area and within seconds shafik and farman were dead! I was all alone on my very first mission!! And me without my trusty minimap and blinking red dots! Talk about intense!!

Fortunately I was lagging behind my SL and squadmate a bit and was spared from the initial explosions. As I lied prone behind a tree, I was able to put my Silenced M4 on target and takeout the gunner of a jeep - apparently he had some mounted grenade launcher thing? My First Kill!! I was pumped! I then even managed to take down the driver and the two other OpFor soldiers that drove to the crash site in the jeep!!

Here it is 4 hours later... it's a good thing I took tomorrow off from work!

Anyway, yeah... this game is crazy... best $40 I've spent in quite some time!

Re: wow

Good Stuff! ...and it just get's better! Go North to the Mountain Ranges and do a few Convoy intercepts up there.... When you fly in and get a glimpse of the size and scope of those mountain ranges... you will be in AWE...

And it truly makes you appreciate a good Pilot who can get you in and out of such spots also... .. because it's a long walk back.. ;-)
    |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
    ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

yes............that is all.

sorry i just had one of those weird moments. it is a good way to spend 40 dollars isnt it =D

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
        Just DL'd the game tonight (Direct2Drive.com) and I must say - this game is stunning. Thanks to Shafik for showing me the ropes tonight... I had a blast.

After getting my video settings tweaked (curiously turning things UP - like resolution - actually INCREASED my frame rate... :row__687: anyway - no arguments there!) myself shafik and farman (?) headed out by jeep on a mission to retrieve a downed pilot. The crash site was just over the top of a large ridge... we parked a ways back and made our way on foot to the crash site. Once we got there we were ambushed! Huge exposions rocked the area and within seconds shafik and farman were dead! I was all alone on my very first mission!! And me without my trusty minimap and blinking red dots! Talk about intense!!

Fortunately I was lagging behind my SL and squadmate a bit and was spared from the initial explosions. As I lied prone behind a tree, I was able to put my Silenced M4 on target and takeout the gunner of a jeep - apparently he had some mounted grenade launcher thing? My First Kill!! I was pumped! I then even managed to take down the driver and the two other OpFor soldiers that drove to the crash site in the jeep!!

Here it is 4 hours later... it's a good thing I took tomorrow off from work!

Anyway, yeah... this game is crazy... best $40 I've spent in quite some time!
        Hell ya man! Glad to see you pick it up so fast :) Hell we were salutin' eachother at spawn in no time :D That was fun tryin to get that idiot officer into that LB wasnt it... Get on there tonight if ya can and well run some side missions up north in the mountains :)
        Dizlor

Comment

gogeta! hmmmm....was it you that was with us at that mission to rescue the downed helo pilot? (sorry posting at 4am = oatmeal for brains)

Comment

mmmm, can i have a bite of those whiskey?, they aren't maple and brown sugar flavored are they :D

Comment

gogeta! hmmmm....was it you that was with us at that mission to rescue the downed helo pilot? (sorry posting at 4am = oatmeal for brains)
              I think gogeta had already left before that mission, because I d/c'ed about 10mins after he left last night. I wanted to play that mission to, but was to tired to go on.

Comment

Originally posted by stickyjeans69 View Post
                mmmm, can i have a bite of those whiskey?, they aren't maple and brown sugar flavored are they :D
                nope.... more of a coffee-tequila flavor :p

Comment

mmmmmm starbucks and Jose Cuervo. way to mix and match!

Comment

no no.... it was me who was with yall when we were trying to get that stupid Officer to get in that little bird... remember we were jumping in and out of the bird trying to get him in .... he would get in it unless we ALL were in it already, only then did he do a couple laps around the bird and eventually get in :D I left after we got him into the maximum-security playpen they call a POW camp LOL

Tonight we gotta get together and grab shafik and undead and head up north to the mountains and take out that convoy... now thats some good sights :)
                    Dizlor

Comment

Originally posted by Gogeta View Post
                      no no.... it was me who was with yall when we were trying to get that stupid Officer to get in that little bird... remember we were jumping in and out of the bird trying to get him in .... he would get in it unless we ALL were in it already, only then did he do a couple laps around the bird and eventually get in :D I left after we got him into the maximum-security playpen they call a POW camp LOL

Tonight we gotta get together and grab shafik and undead and head up north to the mountains and take out that convoy... now thats some good sights :)
                      I'm down with that. Good times.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X