Clearing Paraiso and Somato (Squad 1) - Evolution 29/6

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clearing Paraiso and Somato (Squad 1) - Evolution 29/6

Right after the Evo restart I moved into Paraiso from the West with a bunch of AI guys - just getting the hang of ordering troops around (I didn't know you could parachute AI in as SL by using the keys 0-0-5).

As i got into position at the west gas sation I was joined by RazersEdge, Mach42, Freeno, BigGaayAl and Barracuda_Magoo (did i forget somebody?). We moved along the road on waypoints i set, engaged infantry and armor and fought our way through Paraiso until it was all clear.

PhoenixFire and JohnFleanly ran the air operations and extracted us to base for rearming before moving out again.

Lacking ideas i decided to move into Somato from the north trying and get to the Radio tower quickly. Attacking Somato from north was not really easy. Armor and infantry pouring out of the city straight at us at the beginning. The squad did an amazing job on fighting them off so we could finally move into position at the Church. The radio tower was already destroyed when we got there.

I used the TS command channel to request air transport for respawned squadmates and to coordinate with Squad 3 (Strag?) who moved in from the west.

There was a lot of chatter going on most of the time and i had my hands full coordinating the squad (sorry, no pics or video footage). We moved slowly through the city streets of Somato clearing crossroad to crossroad. Everybody in the squad did an excellent job of spotting, shooting, communicating and bringing up suggestions.

I checked my stats before signing off and noticed that i killed 6 and died not one single time during the whole operation which lasted for about 3 hours.

My first night as SL i have to admit compared to BF2 you have a lot less information at hand, a lot more chatter and noise and no magic ammo bags lying around. So its harder, more intense and definitely more fulfilling to lead a squad into battle at Sahrani.
    former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Re: Clearing Paraiso and Somato (Squad 1) - Evolution 29/6

So you did no sleeping yesterday?
    --
    VI VI VI - the number of the beast

Comment

While me and phoenix were waiting we had a little fun doing maneuvers in the little birds.

http://s135.photobucket.com/albums/q...untitled-1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by dawolf View Post
        ...PhoenixFire and JohnFleanly ran the air operations and extracted us to base for rearming before moving out again...
        Hmmm, did I all of a sudden not rememeber buying this game, and also never recall ever playing it? :row__687: :row__572:

I believe (according to JohnFlenaly's pic *see above*) that you were playing with PhoenixNight.

Imagine my surprise when I read this AAR and saw my name on it though.

:icon_eek: < my face exactly.
        Focused

Comment

Happy to be of service DaWolf, any time you need another squad to help you clear a place, me and whoever I've got with me will be happy to assist.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X