• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Battle of Cayo - 30 Jun 2007

30 Jun 2007

TO: TG ArmA Evolution 3.0 Server Company Commander

SUBJECT: AAR, Cayo, 30 Jun 2007

Today’s battle of Cayo began slowly but when armored reinforcements arrived, the enemy resistance was quickly eliminated. The battle developed as follows:

-Squad 1 led by loyalguard with heroic efforts of Agnew, Farmon, and Laguna
    -Squad 4 was led by Pfeil (please consult with Pfeil directly on his squad composition).
    -Air Support with primarily provided by PanzerHans.

Operations to take Cayo began immediately after pushing the enemy from Paraiso and Somato earlier in the morning. Actions to clear those towns were conducted mostly with AI squads and air support. After re-arming and re-fueling an immediate push was made south towards Cayo. Squads 1 and 4 both inserted to the North West of the town. Squad moved to the southeast and Squad 4 moved directly south. Both squads planned to proceed through the town and meet in the middle.

Shortly after deploying both squads met with heavy enemy resistance. At first only infantry was encoutered but then multiple UAZ's, BDRM's, and T-72's were encountered. Both squads 1 & 4 suffered casualties and decided to pull back to regroup to avoid being overrun. Enemy losses numbered at least three full squads. Unfortunately, in order to avoid direct and indirect fire, both squads had to leave the area of engagement which allowed enemy reinforcements to arrive.

At this point Squad 4 began an intel mission with just pfeil still present in the area. Squad 1 made preparations to move back towards the city bu Pfeil marked several enemy emplacements and Squad 1 halted in order to avoid being wiped out. There wee far too many targets to engage with AT assets so the decision was made to extract Squad 1 to the Main Base to bring up M1A1''s to engage enemy armor and infantry. Pfeil remained in the area undetected and continued to provide intell.

PanzerHans transported us back to base and while Squad 1 brought up two M1A1's Panzer and Pfeil designated targets. Enemy armor was quickly destroyed and we began to flank south and east to engage infantry while Pfeil and Panzer continued to mark targets.

Both MBT's successfully pushed to the eastern portion of the town when one tank was disabled and the crew killed. The second tank was ordered to find a safe place to engage targets while infantry support was called in.

Panzer transported reinforcements for both squads 1 & 4. Armor and infantry working together cleared the city while Squad 4 destroyed the communications tower to prevent additional reinforcements. After hostilities ceased, Squad 1 was able to recover and repair the tank.

Today's action was fierce but a required step in liberating the island as a whole.

Please find below two diagrams, the one on the left shows initial insertion points, movement vectors, and approximate enemy positions. The one on the right shows the movement of the MBT's through the city, pauses to engage targets, and the location of the damaged M1A1.

LoyalGuard

Re: The Battle of Cayo - 30 Jun 2007

Now that was an AAR. Great job Loyal !

Comment

I like those map markers...
      |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
      ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Map markers are just simple drawings in power point on top of an imported map .jpg
        LoyalGuard

Comment

It was a great time. Farmon was a great driver for me in # Two. After #1 was taken out we were again met with heavy Infantry, Farmon kept us on the move but allowed me to get good shots, even on a Shilka that popped out 10ft in front of us.

Great time, Thanks so much Loyal for the great squad lead, and everyone else for a great time and HUGE engagement.

Hope to do it again soon.

Agnew

Comment

Yes, I was a lot of fun. Great squad leading by Loyal. Personally I enjoyed the squad movement on foot the most. I did notice that it is easy to burn up m249 ammo when engaging long range targets. CQB in the towns was a lot of fun; I especially enjoyed the covering and moving by each squad member. Overall it was a blast guys.

-Farmon

Comment

Brilliant AAR, god iv missed this game this weekend in my absense!:(

Comment

I lost my squad to other obligations and simply found a nice spot to do some reconnaissance work for Squad 1. My observation post was actually one grid square to the west behind an oil pumping station. It was a lot of fun to provide Loyalguard and his merry band of tanks with information and watch the sabots go screaming down range. Toward the end of the assault, DaddyOfThree did get a chance to regroup with me and we made a quick strike on the communications tower, as well. This operation clearly demonstrated just how important scouting can be in conducting a successful mission.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X