First time leading

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time leading

Took my first crack at leading a small squad today, great times. Barnaby, Undead, Blacksheep, Loyal and I (sorry if I forgot someone, I know Sam Hoy was with us for a while...) went on side missions while I learned the ins and outs. Ambushed a convoy with no casualties, then left to hunt some armor. We managed to take out a T-72, but the rest got away. I hope it wasn't a horrifying experience for you guys, I know I had a blast. I'll be taking SL position more and more. Hope to see you guys in my squad again. Thanks to Emale for lots and lots of insertions and extractions. Even the bloody, fiery ones. :)

Pic: waiting for Emale's extraction at the MASH, after the successful ambush.

Re: First time leading

I'm still amazed that those mountains in the distance are actually mountains in the distance.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
      I'm still amazed that those mountains in the distance are actually mountains in the distance.
      Yea. I have not seen many games, but I have also not seen anything that has the scale, depth of field, detail and overall level of realism of geography in a virtual realm as ArmA all without requiring a 'next generation' of cpu's and video cards.
      sigpic

Comment

Craaa rammaaaa

Those two mission were great stuff.
        The convoy destruction was excellent with Sheepdog on high ground over looking the convoy and able to call out their and any troop movements which gave us time to respond adequately.

So well in fact that my satchel on the road to catch any runaways wasn't needed. I'd licked my thumb ready to smack the fire-button but any and all leavers were all taken out with the AT.

As for the Armour attack we had got into position and spotted the T72 and Shilka but we could only target the T72 because of the land fall.
        This time I had not satcheled the road to catch any runaways and as we hit the T72 the Shilka and a BM both made a run for it. We tried to catch them up but they beetled into town and hid until mission time had run out.

Still lessons were learnt and it was a good experience I'll defo be mining or satcheling the the road the next time.

Good first attempt @ SQ L Shafik and I'll be happy to enlist with you next time too.

Thanks to e-male for his whirly bird insertion & extraction or should that be DUST UPS & DUST OFFS.

Well done all.

Barnaby out
        "I like a man who grins when he fights"
        Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Barnaby View Post
          Good first attempt @ SQ L Shafik and I'll be happy to enlist with you next time too.
          Thank you, sir. You're welcome anytime. :)

Comment

Excellent job Shafik, it was a pleasure serving in your squad. You're a pro all around,
            LoyalGuard

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X