No announcement yet.

When it goes bad...ArmA video...

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When it goes bad...ArmA video...

One of the biggest complaints I hear about Armed Assault, besides the super AI, is how hard it is to control a squad of AI... I don't believe it's that hard, and routinely complete missions with my AI squad members... more then when I have real players...wierd... anyway...

I was making a video tutorial on how to control and manage your AI squad... when as luck has it, always seems to happen when I record, lol... it just went bad... but was a pretty cool video/lesson... anyway here is a small video of the start of that tutorial and where it went bad... then the airstrike I called in...

(recommend you right click and save as for stutter free viewing.)

back to take 2...
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: When it goes bad...ArmA video...

Just last night, in the space of about 20 minutes, I had 3 AI's drive supply trucks off of cliffs into the ocean.

There's nothing worse than an insubordinate bot.
    "1: 2, driver, get in that repair truck."
    "2: Negative."

Re: When it goes bad...ArmA video...

I am excited about your video and your future videos. Here is why.

I played GRAW1 PC and the major complaint was that the "Friendly AI was stupid". And I certainly saw some of that stupidity.

But then i learned to manage (some might say micromanage) their activities. and although it slowed me down a bit at first, they sure got a lot smarter and alot more useful when I learned what needed to be done. I learned their limitations and their qiurks and didn't give them a long enough leash to do those things. Over time, my immersion remained intact. I did not feel i was "micromanaging idiots" becuse i learned how to make them help me.

I think the ArmA community needs champions in each area where their passion and expertise lies. It sounds like you are developing some expertise in managing AI, and I desperately need to learn this. And as I am very involved in other areas I am trying to champion, I am running low on bandwidth to learn this stuff on my own. I desperately want ot be taught. hand held. And if by video with speach to walk me through it, i love it. I can be a vidiot for 30 minutes and larn something rather than fight it for days trying to assemble the nuances i my mind.

Anything you can develop for this community which teaches us things on how to manage AI would be very much appreciated. Certainly by me.

Keep it coming.

My typos are legendary. I choose not to correct them as a form of unique signature

(and because forum spell checkers are a hassle) : )

I actually spell just fine. But my typing skills are the pits.

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed