Operation SAM (Six against many)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Operation SAM (Six against many)

(I apologise for getting any names, weapons or details wrong, btu as they say nothign spoils a good story, not even the truth, or in this case, the lies)
    As the only gentlemen of the english persuasion amongst the squad consisting of roughly 5 other americans I had to follow arm my self accordingly to make up for the lack of british assault forces, so naturaly I picked up my M249 SAW, and moved to the first way point that Pfiel had given us. Two of the special operations squad had taken the pick up truck they aquiested within the village we had cleared out to go down to another locla village to gain another viechle for us to use to get out quickly incase the **** hit the fan. We were approaching the south of a city (which I cant remeber the name of, but I shall call coral just for the saek of not knowing) and I had stirred up a bit of enemy movement with my entrance, involving a helicopter crash landing into the region. At the first waypoint around 700 metres south south east of the city, lorax and I went forth bellying and covering each other until we got to a rock formation with sufficient cover to keep us out of site of any troops that came down the road.
    Our main objective was to take out the radio tower, and our secondary objective was to make a big dint in the enemy forces protecting the city. From our position taking a shot at the radio tower was risky and unlikely to hit, the only problem was there was no more cover until you reached the city and there were at least three patrols in the area, one a mounted armour division of around 4-5 viechles, another a patrol of roughly 4 squads, and the last patrol was of around 2 squads of men and two armoured viechles. All of these veichels gave nearly full cover from the south west to the south to the east of the city stopping us from getting close enough to get a clear shot at teh tower. So Pfiel (or it could have been ace but I think pfiel was the leader) came up with a cunning plan that would put a pickpocket to shame. We split into two groups (as the two lads getting escape viechles had achieved their mission and parked them at an easy to get too place out of sight), the first group (consiting of lorax, nodebate and I) where to draw the enemy towards us by killing as many of them as possible, and while the troops surged to our positions the second group would move fowards past cover and take out the radio tower.
    Nodebate scouted out some positions further east of the city that we could take up. So lorax and I moved to these positions which were perfect for snipers. Unfortunatly it wasnt the bets terrain for an M249. So I had to run back to my previous position, and my role now was to provide cover for the second group for any men that may venture down the road out of the city. We sat patiently waiting for all the patrols to move as eastly as possible (at one point I had three squads of men metres away at the other side of the rocks I was hiding behind). Then as soon as we got the green light we opened fire, well nodebate and loraz did, I unfortunatly had no targets insight yet. So the second group started moving up as I covered them, when over the hill came one of the squads with some armoured viechles. The second squad took out the veichles while I shot down around 12 men. The second group continued to move fowards with the occasional man appearing which was quickly gunned down before they posed a threat. When they got to position they opened fire on teh radio tower, and though the first shot missed, the second hit it straight off. Between us we had taken out all of the patrols surronding the city, and were about to move in. Unfortunatly this is where our first casualty was sustained. But not by an enemy shot, but by a slip of the finger on my behalf (Nodebate, Im still very sorry).
    I know thats bad creative writing skills, but I analyse text not write it. Anyway was the best game I had yet last night. Thanks.
    Before you judge a man, try walking a mile in their shoes first. That way your a mile away and you have their shoes.

Re: Operation SAM (Six against many)

Hi Alex
    I've not long enlisted with these guys oops gentlemen they are a most welcoming bunch errr um group.
    See the Americanisation of Barnaby is underway. LoL

Glad you enjoyed it, the time difference is a bit of a killer but the effort is well worth it.

Barnaby out
    "I like a man who grins when he fights"
    Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Hi Alex
      I've not long enlisted with these guys oops gentlemen they are a most welcoming bunch errr um group.
      See the Americanisation of Barnaby is underway. LoL
      Obliviously we are doing a poor job, an American would spell it Americanization :p

Great AAR, appears to be another good night on the island.

Comment

Barnaby, we should have our own corps, maybe para corps. lol
        Im very unproud to be british (chavs, ignorant racists, BNP), and have italian blood in me somewhere, though technically half my family is welsh.
        But yep, game play on these servers has made everythign a lot more fun.
        Before you judge a man, try walking a mile in their shoes first. That way your a mile away and you have their shoes.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X