AAR: July 10 9-12 pm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAR: July 10 9-12 pm

Well, I started out alone on a server populated by three, and ended with a sqaud of Agnew, Blacksheep, Rico..., Kahn, Cos, Shafik, Insan.. and Viper. Far more than I deserve or could well handle. I can't quite remember the name of the south western town we attacked, but we moved in slowly, lost only one man over more than 2 1/2 hours and destroyed various infantry -- I can't say that the enemy was numerous - I think we only encountered less than 12. We finally killed the last two at midnight and cleared the city.

As SL I was constantly engaged in communicating with new arrivals, pilots, and friendly squads. We suffered no ff, and thankfully there was no friendly attack helos in the air for the most part.

As SL I was constantly engaged with internal and external communication. My primary helo trans support, SleepDoc, was excellent. My Alpha One, Agnew, did very well, Bravo One, variously Kahn, Cos and Curt --- did very well, and the RoE was followed to a 'tee' -- no one died as a result of another's error.

I can't say that I moved us forward as fast as we might have, I had no idea what enemy force ratio we faced, and we had very little support from other squads (as the largest force in the area).

All in all, a great night -- confirmed that this is far beyond PoE and BF2. Still not certain how others in my squad found the experience, too many hands may leave some with too little to do -- but it was great suspense moving across open ground and setting up Bravo to cover Alpha as we crossed various bridges -- we even had enemy eliminated as one fireteam was under the cover of another fireteam (the best example of team cohesion I can think of -- mutual support). Often I would ask one fireteam leader if he had sight of the other fireteam and the answer was always 'yes.'

A good thing.

Thank you gentleman. Please do not hesitate to suggest how I might perform better in service of the squad.

sigpic

Re: AAR: July 10 9-12 pm

Yea. Amazing night. First time ever as a FT leader, and i must say, it was a great experience. I had at times as many as 6 guys under me, Insane, Coz, Viper, Shafik and others i cannot remember(sorry boys). They all did an amazing job of staying in a column formations covering each other, and being EXTREMELY PATIENT which i am so thankful for, as im sure Emale is as well. Movement in Alpha was so fluid it was amazing. We lost sight of bravo once, turns out they were 20m away from us hehe, stupid walls. Over all movement between Alpha alone and Both FT's was absolutly amazing, fluid, controlled and most importantly, no KIA's due to fire. Only one. And Curt found out he cant jump off a 1 story building and survive.

Over all, Amazing night, thank you EMale for your amazing leading. Hope to do it again.

Agnew Out.

EDIT***
    And the city was Dolores.

Comment

Thanks Agnew -- First time I tried a little a 'Command Trick' tonight --

"new person -- your team leader is Agnew -- find him and report when in position" -- I required each new recruit to make visual, face to face contact with their FT leader -- the fireteam leaer would then place the new recruit.

-- delegated responsibility to the team leader and the new member to find each other -- also increased delegation to alpha1 and bravo1 to maintain VISUAL contact with each other's FT -- work wonders. Allowed me to focus on tactics and logistics. The fact that everyone followed the RoEs was the icing on the cake.

Well done.
      sigpic

Comment

You were attacking Dolores and boy oh boy did I take forever. While Razor and I were "borrowing" our Commie Jets and Helos we kept wondering when you'd finish that town off. Good that you got the job done though, lots of chatter on the Commander Channel, that's always a good sign. Good work E-Male. o7

Comment

Caution: Wife in the room!

That was the highlight of my evening. :) Good times.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X