Incident on Monastery Hill

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incident on Monastery Hill

We had decided to attack Corazol isolating the enemy in Ortego by cutting through their supply lines.
    We successfully took Corazol despite some stiff enemy resistance, our air gunners were on top form bringing down several Ka helios.

We regrouped and headed out down to the now isolated town of Ortego
    We were 2 x Abrams, 1 x MG hummer, A service vehicle and a mixture of weaponed foot soldiers.
    We closed in on the town from the North using the hill as cover.
    In line abreast we breeched the top and made contact with the enemy foot soldiers, which we cut down easily.
    After a period of time softening the enemy up with powerful heavy armour fire from our on high vantage point it was decided to continue our move South towards the comms tower.
    Abrams 1 with Gogeta as gunner had command of the Northern sector of the town with no more targets showing so I jumped in as driver and suggested we move up to Monastery hill to our West.
    This would alow us to offer flanking fire and cover the attack down onto the Tower.
    DISASTER ....................
    In trying to position us along side the Monastery wall so as to look over the town I got us too near the sheer drop. I kept edging forward so that the gunner could depress and target when I lost it.
    Down the near vertical slope we went landing on our turret, we survived the fall but I had totally decomissioned the Abrams.

Sorry for taking your Abrams out of action Gogeta, deffo need ground trooper's eyes when positioning like that or at least I should have stopped, got out, checked then repositioned.

I hope after a short trip to the MO and sick bay you were soon back in action as for me I returned to base for retraining as a tank driver.

Barnaby out
    "I like a man who grins when he fights"
    Sir Winston Churchill

Re: Incident on Monastery Hill

lol No worries barnaby. I know your intentions were good ;) I knew things were going pear-shaped when I heard the treads start going full speed with nothing below them :P The laugh I was getting out of you break dancing with that m1a1, spinning on its top, made up for it xD Dont hesitate from getting in another one.
    Dizlor

Comment

Originally posted by Barnaby View Post
      We had decided to attack Corazol isolating the enemy in Ortego by cutting through their supply lines.
      We successfully took Corazol despite some stiff enemy resistance, our air gunners were on top form bringing down several Ka helios.

We regrouped and headed out down to the now isolated town of Ortego
      We were 2 x Abrams, 1 x MG hummer, A service vehicle and a mixture of weaponed foot soldiers.
      We closed in on the town from the North using the hill as cover.
      In line abreast we breeched the top and made contact with the enemy foot soldiers, which we cut down easily.
      After a period of time softening the enemy up with powerful heavy armour fire from our on high vantage point it was decided to continue our move South towards the comms tower.
      Abrams 1 with Gogeta as gunner had command of the Northern sector of the town with no more targets showing so I jumped in as driver and suggested we move up to Monastery hill to our West.
      This would alow us to offer flanking fire and cover the attack down onto the Tower.
      DISASTER ....................
      In trying to position us along side the Monastery wall so as to look over the town I got us too near the sheer drop. I kept edging forward so that the gunner could depress and target when I lost it.
      Down the near vertical slope we went landing on our turret, we survived the fall but I had totally decomissioned the Abrams.

Sorry for taking your Abrams out of action Gogeta, deffo need ground trooper's eyes when positioning like that or at least I should have stopped, got out, checked then repositioned.

I hope after a short trip to the MO and sick bay you were soon back in action as for me I returned to base for retraining as a tank driver.

Barnaby out

I was wondering how that Abrams got on that platform upside-down. :p Luckily Barnicle and I were able to successfully recover it destroying it to get it on its tracks and then positioning repair trucks near the edge of the wall.
      TG Regular
      TGU Staff
      ShackTac FNG

TGU Rotary Wing Instructors
      Evil Koala
      LeftSkidLow

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Koala View Post
        I was wondering how that Abrams got on that platform upside-down. :p Luckily Barnicle and I were able to successfully recover it destroying it to get it on its tracks and then positioning repair trucks near the edge of the wall.
        NICE! I thought for sure it was unretrievable. Good job guys :icon14:
        Dizlor

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...