Friday the 13th: Seizing Alcazar Castle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday the 13th: Seizing Alcazar Castle

I had the absolute privilege of rolling with an outstanding squad tonight on a mission called "Payback":
    • Doxxs - M249 SAW
    • |TG-4th|Gogeta - S.F. Sniper & Squad Leader
    • |TG-12th|WhiskeySix - S.F. Marksman
    • |TG-4th|Atomic Dog - Medic
    • |TG-12th|Boot - S.F. Assault
    • |TG-4th|SloppyJoe - S.F. Assault

Payback is a very similar mission to Evolution in that multiple cities must be cleared. The main difference is that there's multiple factions involved, with seperate main bases. We had two full squads on the coop server, so we had one play as US (with main base just south of Corazol) and the other RACS (with main base just west of Eponia). Both factions are allies trying to take back the eastern half of the North Island. Our squad played as US Special Forces. One part of the night that stood out as exceptional was a mission to capture a recon post OpFor had established at a castle north of Bagango - a place called Alcazar:

This mission seemed tailor made for our |TG-4th| anchored Special Forces squad! Insertion was made via blackhawk, and Sloppy put us down perfectly at the LZ about 1km west of the castle.... Somewhere around Ha32. As we crept easterly through the tree cover, we eliminated approximately 4 enemy soldiers before we setup to take the castle. With Gogeta covering the west and northern approaches, I made my way south with cover provided by Doxxs. This gave us crossing lanes of fire on the castle, and Gogeta and I we were each able to eliminate a soldier as they peered out around the crenelations atop the castle.

Once we were in position and had the castle covered, Doxxs made his way north to rendezvous with Boot, Sloppy, and ADog for the assault on the castle. The assaulting fire team of four made their way up to the base of the castle (visible in the map above). With cover provided by Gogeta and I, they prepared to breach the castle. Doxxs took lead with the SAW and Atomic Dog (medic) guarded the entrance.

A burst of fire rang out across the valley, and just like that, it was mission accomplished! Although we sniped out 2 soldiers, there were 2 more soldiers that survived on the very top floor. According to Doxxs, "they didn't react quick enough to the barrel of my 249" :row__577:

Anyway GREAT games guys! Everyone did their job very well, and the squad functioned without needing much guidance... It is, to date, the most fun I've had playing Armed Assault! (Definitely in my Top-5 list of all-time-greatest sessions at TG)
    Last edited by Dizlor; 07-15-2007, 04:12 AM.

Re: Friday the 13th: Seizing Alcazar Castle

That was a great run. The whole squad performed like clockwork. Good game guys!
    | | |

Comment

Excellent write up!

That was a fun run. I look forward to playing this most challenging scenario time and time again. The OpFors have a nice array of defenses which makes it very tough to just roll through, especially with the lack of heavy duty air assets.

Later on that night we were rolling through an area and bells went off, obviously an alarm, infantry started moving, a Kamov's rotors started whisping, and boy were we in for a surprise!

Squad up with you fellas anytime :)

[Game rules, announcements, and SOPs ][ ][ ][ ]
      "The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves."
      - Wulfyn

Comment

A flawless assault... excepting the bullet I lodged in Dixx's knee. Kudos for walking it off though.

That was fun, and we took a pause for a screeny and some looting (got me a Makarov and some binoculars), and were just about to set up with M136es for the armored counterattack when the server crashed. :row__644:

Comment

A few other bonus shots:

At base, waiting for everyone to connect and get the mission started:

Boot intently listening to Sloppy's story:

Gogeta RTB after playing hide the LB:

Comment

Good write up!

It was a great time until the server crashed, and I had to head out. Gogeta, fantastic work with your Specops!

Regular Army guys under Switch (Ryker, Squinty, Sooner, Yanu, hmmm), good job handling the various surprises thrown your way. I.E. - Patton's armored division coming crashing down on us, as well as the command center being guarded by very aware AI using cannons!

Great games.

Comment

Where's your screenie Boudreux? Didn't you take one of us in the M113? Good games.
              sigpic
              I run my $#@! new school style with old school roots...

Comment

That was Gogeta, he was quite taken with that shot ;)

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
                  Anyway GREAT games guys! Everyone did their job very well, and the squad functioned without needing much guidance... It is, to date, the most fun I've had playing Armed Assault!
                  Hell YA!!!! I must say you guys were awesome. Everyone setup as if they already knew what they needed to do before I could even think about how to say it to them ;) I really liked how, in that map ss you took..., w6 and I set up where we were out of instinct. We both had ultimate sniper cover on that tower, and we didnt have to tell eachother where to go set up. Then I asked slop to lead the castlerun and he did so perfectly. Noone knew how many AI were gonna be in the stairwell of that tower, all we could see were the two fools up on the roof. Great job getting in there, clearing it out, and staying alive. This mission is the business !!. Its incredibly fun. The US in the south have a great, high-rise vantage point on their first city, and the RACs up north have some great CQB assaults to start them off.. Its a fun mix of settings. And being that we had never played it before... the immersion level was outstanding as nobody had any predispositions about where any OpFor were. Great fun and we will be doing this mission again VERY soon...

BIG Thanks to my squad as well as beadreux for keeping in touch and running his northern strike as well as he did !!!!

ps. Im at work now(salivating to play this again when I get home) so Ill be sure to get my ss that I took loaded up for you guys ;) gotta couple of good ones ;) btw ... nice landing w6 ;P
                  Dizlor

Comment

Originally posted by boudreux View Post
                    That was Gogeta, he was quite taken with that shot ;)
                    I got a ss of that too LOL Ill put it up too tonight.
                    Dizlor

Comment

Originally posted by Gogeta View Post
                      Everyone setup as if they already knew what they needed to do...
                      TG, class of 2005, representing! :row__593:

Comment

hahaha...05 in da house!
                        | | |

Comment

Some screenies.

The victors!

This was later in the night. I forgot to take an "after" picture, but we made quick work of these guys.

Sure, you can land there, but watch that exit!

This was at the tail end of the night ... I shot this down with our M1 after he hit us. I couldn't see if I hit him because I was tracking him through the explosion effect of his missile that hit us! Needless to say, I was :D

Nice tan!

Comment

Here they are:

A couple of my own of the GREAT landing by w6... and yes thats him doing the jackknife out of the LB LOL xD

The final gathering at the tower... Again Big Ups guys!!! That was honeslty my very first time actually trying to be a real SL... Thank god I had such a great group of friends to bear with me :D

I honestly got a chill when I was scanning and saw this the first time

And the final scoreboard at the end of the night ;) (Note this was after the crash when it was restarted and we moved to the south)

Dizlor

Comment

Missed one ;)

Dizlor

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse