Friday 13th, Evolution takes a great turn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday 13th, Evolution takes a great turn

I jumped on our Evolution server in order to get some gaming time late Friday GMT time.
    I saw that we had 10 guys in the main TS channel and thought it was time starting to split into subchannels in order to structure the gameplay a bit.
    I announced a new squad, "Squad One" and decided to run the defend 30 points mission which is a great startingpoint for organized play.

My squad roster consisted of:
    • Insanatrix
    • Sam Hoy
    • Viper
    • Protoman
    • Ricoshades
    • Bobik
    • Blacknight

We were able to get Razor from the air cavalry to move us to our insertion point and the action started immediately. Unfortunately on our first attempt we were unable to finish the mission as our assets were destroyed in the initial engagement.
    Undeterred we gave it a second try, this time we were moved to the North East of the island and with strong CAS and a dedicated Barnaby(aka. "Barn baby") as doorgunner in a UH60 we pocketed that missions.

This is where the night turns from a good to a great gaming experience. Loyal steps in as Platoon Commander and JohnC coordinates air assets with the help of Borat(I think he was running the Jet) delivering JDAMS.

We first move out to Bagango and the City got cleared shortly after us arriving.

Next goal is Eponia. It has become night and the city is heavily infested with Shilkas. We take position along the road moving north towards the city stopping apprx. 400 meters outside. We see one A10 and a chopper go down as we try to locate the AA positions. We are able to take out one Shilka on the south east of the town and we are immediately engaged by a vast number of troops. I order a tactical withdrawal but we lost Barnaby and Blacknight.

On the respawn, Blacknight brings a Laser Designator from the Airport base and while we await reinforcements we are able to take down at least 20 enemies trying to reach our stronghold.

I order Blacknight to laze the radio tower in town(still a good 500 meters away from us) and we call in the JDAMS. On the first pass the jet does not get a lock and we set up another run. This time the target gets acquired and the radio tower goes down.

My notes:
    It is really intense when the intra squad/HQ communication works. Especially when we were sitting on a hilltop outside Eponia hearing the Harrier closing in on the target we set for it.
    My squad did a great job and I think we played the game the way most TGers enjoy it.
    Last edited by PanzerHans; 07-14-2007, 08:52 AM.
    --
    VI VI VI - the number of the beast

Re: Friday 13th, Evolution takes a great turn

Nice report...that was a lot of fun Panzer...I think we had some awesome cooperation between all elements. It was very interesting being platoon commander, there is a lot of stuff on your plate. Big thanks to John C who jumped in as Air Ops Lead for me...I found it difficult to be able to communicate with two infantry squads and 4-5 pilots all at the same time...having an Air Lead really helps getting stuff organized. I've got some more lessons learned coming soon.
    LoyalGuard

Comment

Awesome - sounds like a lot of fun!

Comment

I was a good evening.

Thanks for playing the CO Loyal.
        sigpic
        I run my $#@! new school style with old school roots...

Comment

Yes it was fun.
          All was going well until my TS binds started playing up.

Thanks to Loyal for being the CO.
          I take it that being the CO is a desk job then Loyal???
          I suppose them pesky pencil sharpeners have to be watched out for.

Or could you use a fast jeep/little bird etc to get an battle field overview if it became necessary. Anyway thanks again for building some structure into the battle.

Barnaby out
          "I like a man who grins when he fights"
          Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Barnaby View Post
            ...I take it that being the CO is a desk job then Loyal??? I suppose them pesky pencil sharpeners have to be watched out for.

Or could you use a fast jeep/little bird etc to get an battle field overview if it became necessary. Anyway thanks again for building some structure into the battle.

Barnaby out
            I didn't intend for it to be a desk job, but, for the most part I was stuck at base with my head buried in the map. Near the end of my session, I did have an AI drive me in a M113 to Masbete so I could be closer and see the map at the same time but th moise made it difficult...next time I will just stay at base I think.
            LoyalGuard

Comment

You could take an MH6 to the edge of the battlefield, engage auto-hover, and get a few hundred meters in altitude. Then use freelook to observe the city under attack! (probably want to crank up your air view-distance first)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X