Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aug 13th, Evolution server(Paraiso, Somato, Cayo, and little bit of Dolores)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aug 13th, Evolution server(Paraiso, Somato, Cayo, and little bit of Dolores)

Well first things first, we found a very happy medium for Pilots and ground troops. It is all about communication and leadership. CAS supported infantry, verified friendly positions and engaged heavy armor targets of opportunity. The infantry in return did not pack as much M136 as usual and this left a few more pieces of armor. The infantry served the AT for Shilka's and immediate threat targets that there was no time to get CAS.

Switch and Sam Hoy were the pilots for the evening. Sam flying MH-6 transport and recon. Switch filling a variety of roles including CAS and supply/truck drop with the FFAR UH-60.

I took over the infantry Squad for EPO once it got larger. My squad included $nipe, Gogeta, Phoenix, EPO, Angel, Misha, Taxi, Insanatrix, Grunt, and I think I'm forgetting people.

Ginsoaked and Barnaby fielded a recon/sniper team. They were part of my squad but operated in a different channel to avoid crosstalk. Their primary role was marking targets for CAS and taking out targets of opportunity. We had excellent comms between all 3 groups. Everyone had something to do.

Paraiso and Somato were little less organized than planned, but by the end of Somato the whole system was working well. Once we moved onto Cayo, things were amazing as far as comms. Special Props to Switch for setting the goal for 0 deaths and excellent use of support roles. My infantry squad landed on the West of Cayo and moved into firing positions on the western shilka's. THe recon group landed to the north east. Once the Shilka's were down, Switch brought my group a TOW and M2 hummv. Infantry flanked the M2 as it moved towards the city with the TOW providing anti armor support. Switch was able to engage targets with the FFAR and MG UH-60's. Sam played transport for the new comers to the server. Switch also handled greeting the new comers while waiting for assignements. My ground team worked excellently. We never lost a hummer and only at the very end a slight miscommunication led to an enemy coming towards our rear flanks and taking out a few guys, otherwise we would have had no deaths. Very refreshing to play with that kind of enthusiasm. Everyone willing to work hard and communicate. The server crashed while we moved into Dolores. Sgt. Moore brought up an armor column to support and that was going well then bam, server down. Switch again made the 0 death challenge and he was shot and killed while repairing some damage to his blackhawk. He pledged not to get back into the air/game until the next city. Very interesting proposal to play each city as a no respawn.

Excellent games guys. I had a great time. Superb communication and leadership at all levels. Great suggestions for strategies. Keep up the good work.

*Edit* HardCash was also in the squad until he left.
    Last edited by tHa_KhAn; 08-14-2007, 08:04 AM.
    |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Re: Aug 13th, Evolution server(Paraiso, Somato, Cayo, and little bit of Dolores)

Liked it too, good leadership from Kahn always having a plan and the right pace. Plenty contact reports so we could get lot's of fire power on the enemies.

Good games.

Comment

Re: Aug 13th, Evolution server(Paraiso, Somato, Cayo, and little bit of Dolores)

^^^^^ GG'S even for a latecomer.

I apologize to my squad for going AFK......when I came back the server had crashed, but I thought I got the boot :)

TG-ArmA is becoming a well oiled machine.

Comment

Yes 'twas good very very good.

I had started out when only 3 of us were engaging doing some sniper/recon work at Paraiso this slowly built up into a effective short Sqd. Mostly working at distance but working on the flanks when sweeping clean with our pistols drawn.
        Always 2 frequently 3 sometimes 4 giving us SniWatch peeps our own protectors using short range weapons alowing us to focus on the task in hand.
        We generally tried to take out enemy snipers, heavy static MG's and uaz's.
        We also took 1 load out of a stinger system with us for some variation.

It seemed to work very well.

oggy oggy oggy
        oi oi oi
        "I like a man who grins when he fights"
        Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Yup, it was a good night. I remember outside Somato on the East side, me and Barnaby had a BRDM and BMP drive right up to us, Barnaby was killed and I somehow managed to crawl into cover and they drove off.
          "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, sweat and tears"

Comment

Originally posted by Taxi View Post
            Plenty contact reports so we could get lot's of fire power on the enemies.

Good games.
            This was key. My main objective while leading was to set the pace. I didn't do too much micromanaging, I just tried to set the pace and allow the pieces to fall into place. We moved slow, but not at a snail's pace. This allowed a lot of information to flow. Numerous contact reports allowed everyone to draw fields of fire and concentrate on enemies. We also recognized that not everyone has the same angle of view, so there were times the AT could not see a target approaching, but someone else would essentially guide the AT to the point where the target would become visible. Great comms by everyone. We cleared a city with 2 hummers, without taking a loss to either hummer. Pretty impressive considering we engaged T-72's and BMP's.
            |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

Comment

Nice read, glad you guys had even more fun once things got rolling. I had the pleasure of beeing part of clearing the first two towns. It was a blast.

See you on the battlefield.

Comment

I showed up just after the server crash and everyone had moved to the Co-op server. The co-op server was completely chaotic but actually quite fun. There were many flagrant violations of SOP, and without the ability to form squads on the fly (i.e., evo-style get in my vehicle and join my squad), let's say things were a bit 'loose.' Fun, but loose.

Comment

Odd reading my preceeding post after noticing the Co-op thread from last night was closed due to overwhelming negativity. I was trying to put a positive spin on a style of play that was truly counter to what TG ArmA is about. There were many witnesses, and I know that I certainly made some notes as to who was doing what. I also made several attempts at leadership/organization and gave up.

That said, I don't see this as the norm, and I'm not willing to condemn anything based on one night of slacking.

Comment

It's amazing how fast things degraded. It was high flying on Evolution, then the COOP went bad. Take names, do a #userlist and get ID#'s. If we get 3 or 4 PM's with teh same report, I think a temp ban even if for a day to sort it out will be worth it.
                    |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...