Aug 14th Veteran mode!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aug 14th Veteran mode!!!

Well, wht a game we had last night. We were plaign the evo server with around 13 people online roughly at a time. Thanks a lot to razer for all his work last night. We kitted up with realistic equipment for teh mission and the soldiers we were, and then went in to take Parisio. Unfortunatly we hti a problem, the lack of being able to tell who is who made our fire teasm useless, and we got shot to pieces. So we went back to base and reorganised into three seperate squad channels that would work together, I eventually ended up with "Sam Hoy", "Haweye"then"Protoman", and "The Khan", and me (squad leader of fireteam alpha 3).
    We advanced upto somato on the road from parisio, alpha 1 and 2 were upfront, and alpha three was covering teh rear. When 1 & 2 hit trouble in the form of multiple tanks, alpha three swung round the far right flank of the road ending up on the huge hills to the north of somato, here we provide a cross fire in which we took out two tanks, a bmp i think and 2 squads of infantry. Alpha three took no hits in this fire fight, stayign well within the cover of the hill, but unfortunly the other two squads had some losses.

WILL FINISH THIS LATER, I HAVE A DRIVING LESSON NOW, BUT AMAZING GAME LAST NIGHT.
    Before you judge a man, try walking a mile in their shoes first. That way your a mile away and you have their shoes.

Re: Aug 14th Veteran mode!!!

Wewts to Razer! How many SUs did you shoot down last night? :D

Comment

Yep that was much more like it - Razorsedge did a great job of organising everyone and the server had a completely different feel to it yesterday. I got their just before Paraiso was taken but then we hit Somato in 3 squads, all moving and working together. It's hard work organising things like this and a big thanks to Razor for stepping up and making a completely different night on the Evo server :)

EDIT: As for VET mode - it worked great. The only reason people find it difficult now is because they are unused to it and are maybe unsure as to how to read a map. If everyone played veteran for a month then I'm sure it would be easier. Aplha 2 had no problem keep together and since our loadouts were all picked by the SL, it was easy to spot who had the AT, the MG and the GL. Make sure you keep your group close to you and in time you'll find it becomes second nature to know who is where.

Kit loadouts were another winner here. Only 1 AT man per squad, 1 MG and it worked out really well, especially when you're screaming for you AT man to take out the T-72 bearing down on you
      Last edited by jex; 08-15-2007, 07:51 AM.
      Jex.

Comment

Oh man...sounds like I missed the fun. I came home late and didn't sign on until 10:00 p.m. EST or so. Signed into the Coop server and caught the tail end of a well run patrol op.

That mission ended and I went off to bed...Lets keep up the good work guys and show everyone what can be done and how well we can do it.
        sigpic
        |TG-1st|Grunt
        ARMA Admin (retired)
        Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Yep. I heard people complain of the lack of tactical aproach beign used now. But i would beg to differ, as last night is proof that there are atleast 13 people willing to work as one cohesive unit.
          Before you judge a man, try walking a mile in their shoes first. That way your a mile away and you have their shoes.

Comment

Yes. Last night was fun. Vet mode and great organization. You really can't beat that. I know many purest turn up their nose because of respawns, but this was every bit as organized and played with respect of any norespawn COOP. Sorry I crashed guys, my whole machine went down.

Great use of comms too once we split into individual fireteam channels. Good SLing Alex, wish I could have been there longer.
            |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

It's good to go vet.
              Great patience shown Raz in setting it all up despite the odd car runaway and missing trooper.

Thanks for setting it up.

I think we need to get the process speeded up somewhat, maybe if the fire teams organised their own weapon load outs instead of individually issuing that would help.
              We were getting buzzed by both fixed & rotating wing aircraft by the end.

Still it made for a grand insertion.

What do you think???
              "I like a man who grins when he fights"
              Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Barnaby View Post
                I think we need to get the process speeded up somewhat, maybe if the fire teams organised their own weapon load outs instead of individually issuing that would help.
                We were getting buzzed by both fixed & rotating wing aircraft by the end.
                I always thought this is how the command structure was supposed to work.

SL's give orders to FTL's

FTL's git 'r done. SL shouldn't have to micromanage FT members.

Comment

Originally posted by JAMerica View Post
                  FTL's git 'r done. SL shouldn't have to micromanage FT members.
                  Correct, which is why it is best to be in separate channel. A FT member only needs to know what his FTL wants him to do, not what the SL wants the entire fireteam to accomplish. This is my only critique of Razer's initial setup. He had the right idea, but chose to implement it in a more difficult way. He could have just told the FTLs what equipment they needed and they could have passed it along and assigned accordingly without him having to repeat himself or try to clarify. I think it would be prudent for everyone to test their binds and be sure of whispers to different channels. THis would even further streamline things.
                  |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

I think that now we have done this once, repeatign the whole thing again could be much easier. Thanks for the FL compliment th Khan, but i still need to work on it, my Fireteam leading sounds more like a waiter talking orders and giving advice while serving on, but i suppose better to be friendly than annoy people. I say we should organise a repeat event for next monday!!!

Comment

Originally posted by alexandermottram View Post
                      I think that now we have done this once, repeatign the whole thing again could be much easier. Thanks for the FL compliment th Khan, but i still need to work on it, my Fireteam leading sounds more like a waiter talking orders and giving advice while serving on, but i suppose better to be friendly than annoy people. I say we should organise a repeat event for next monday!!!
                      Well I thought you did a good job leading during Sunday's event too....a testament to that is we all survived the first run through the city :)

Comment

A cowards life is a safe one!!!! :D

Comment

Originally posted by alexandermottram View Post
                          A cowards life is a safe one!!!! :D
                          A tactical, thoughtful approach giving you maximum advantage and the enemy a minimal advantage is what saves lives. What kills players is running blindly into the fray with no situational awareness and no team to back them up. The worst players can be those with the highest death counts but not all the time.

Casualties were low because we all worked together under unified leadership and we all had a team to work with. We all moved out together and either RTB'd to re-arm or rallied at a farp. This kept us together and all attacking at the same time making our assaults that much stronger :)
                          Jex.

Comment

Originally posted by Grunt 70 View Post
                            Oh man...sounds like I missed the fun. I came home late and didn't sign on until 10:00 p.m. EST or so. Signed into the Coop server and caught the tail end of a well run patrol op.

That mission ended and I went off to bed...Lets keep up the good work guys and show everyone what can be done and how well we can do it.
                            Aye I missed this aswell. And YOU missed a session of Black Sword last night on the coop server! It was long, it was tiring, it was exhausting, but I know it was fun! :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X