X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAAR: Operation Ricochet - Obregan - 24 Aug

DATE: 24 Aug 2007

TO: Company Commander, Joint Forces Sahrani

SUBJECT: Operation Ricochet - Obregan - 24 Aug (Evolution 3.0)

BEGIN REPORT

This report is a summary of actions taken by Squad 1 during the assault on Obregan on 24 Aug 2007. I had the privilege of leading a reinforced infantry squad that was was badly bloodied but persevered until the enemy was eliminated. My squad consisted of the following personnel:

Loyalguard - SL
    Ivan_the_Bad
    Barnaby
    Sam Hoy
    Titus1964
    Gogeta
    Beegboxx
    Grunt70
    Timbov
    Dirtboy
    Reciproc8

Additionally, Fiddlestix provided invaluable dedicated air transport.

The assembly area for this mission was the Main Base at Paraiso. I had just returned to Sahrani from R&R and as soon as I drew my equipment I received word from Ivan that we had a lone fireteam (Barnaby & Titus) deep in hostile held territory near the center of Obregan. Gogeta briefed me that the battle for Obregan had been raging since the previous day. The enemy had been reinforced and was etrenched. Sam Hoy made it overly clear that If we did not move quickly not only would we lose two fine men but all the progress gained thus far would be erased save for the blood on the ground. Without time to properly assemble into fireteams, I told Barnaby and Titus to hold tight and we all hopped in a UH-60.

We landed near hill 47 to the south of Obregan and proceeded on foot directly north along the main road towards Barnaby and Titus's last known position. After making visual contact with the stranded fireteam, we observed a hostile UAZ and infantry to the east. Considering this as our Probable Line of Deployment (PLD) I ordered the threats to be engaged and for Barnaby and Titus to fall back to our position.

Once the UAZ and crew were neutralized, I order Ivan to take point and move east to clear the eastern portion of town. We had moved no further than 75 meters when multiple armored and infantry targets were spotted. Several enemy were killed but then most of the squad was wiped out my a vehicle-mounted grenade launcher. With only three members of the squad still alive (and two of those badly wounded) it was imperative to reinforce them.

We all piled into a blackhawk again and moved to the last known friendly position. As soon as we arrived, we again began to take casualties. Despite having good cover and lanes of fire, our position was known to the enemy and they were able to flank and attack our position from positions of superior cover. Before being overrun again, I ordered the squad to head southeast to find high ground and cover. Along the way to newly-designated objective one, we encountered several more infantry squads and armor. They were eliminated and we held tight for reinforcements. In the meantime Sam mounted the enemy cannon and eliminated an enemy sniper at long range.

We then headed northeast to objective two and routed several infantry positions. After destroying one more tank and BRDM, remaining enemy were seen hightailing it from the city and Obregan was again ours.

Please find below a general diagram of the assault:

END REPORT

"Off the Record..."

I hadn't done an AAR since I went on vacation in July so I figured it was about time again. Despite taking a lot of casualties, this round was a blast. Thanks to the whole squad for your patience and superior teamwork.

I hope veteran mode is here to stay...sure I'd like to get friendly name tags back, but other than that it really does increase the realism and immersion as well as highlight the need for good communication.
    LoyalGuard

Re: AAAR: Operation Ricochet - Obregan - 24 Aug

damn, put that in paperback and i'll read it on the toilet! Fine narrative!

Oh, yeah, and good job on the mission ;)

Comment

Fine work gentlemen!!! Fine work.

In addition.. after most everyone had retreated back to the states.. The town was eventually re-spawned with all OpFor. Trading off gunner and pilot, Sam and I layed the smack-down on the the town in the AH-1 Cobra. First I was pilot with Sam as gunner, together with the remaining ground crew proceeded to take out enemy armor, infantry, aircraft and a few laser guided attacks. Then we switched and I took the gunner position as Sam did some top-notch fly-overs and we cleared the town of Obregan of enemies for good!

This campaign was topped off with a high-speed air show back at Paraiso airoport. Several aircraft were showcased, including the A-10 and Harrier jets. 745 MPH at under 15 meters off the deck!! Vanity put it right, "I was standing there messing with some grenades and WOOOOOOOOOOOSH!!!"

Great night on evo with a great crew!! GoodTimes
      Dizlor

Comment

Yea...it was fun.

Even though I spent about a solid hour just waiting, I got to learn some more of the controls. I am getting the hang of it each time I play, but like I said in-game, please forgive my noobness;)

Also, thanks for helping a brotha out...teaching me how to play, what to do, and who to follow:)
        "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtboy View Post
          Yea...it was fun.

Even though I spent about a solid hour just waiting, I got to learn some more of the controls. I am getting the hang of it each time I play, but like I said in-game, please forgive my noobness;)

Also, thanks for helping a brotha out...teaching me how to play, what to do, and who to follow:)
          EVerytime you play you get further and further from n00b status. Keep up the good work.
          Dizlor

Comment

Great team work.
            Working for & supporting each other at all times.

Made the fighting together just that bit more enjoyable.

Ready willing & Able to engage with you sons of war again tonight.

'Ave it, 'Ave it large.
            "I like a man who grins when he fights"
            Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Well I forgot about Vet Mode Friday although a grueling day at work caused me to hit the sack and bypass the sim/rig altogether! We've got to find out what settings the bots are on in our "vet" mode and apply it to normal Evo. Who can handle and implement this task?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X