Missionary-September 6, 2007 ~ 6-8 p.m. EST

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missionary-September 6, 2007 ~ 6-8 p.m. EST

I led a fantastic squad on the coop server last night as we played the mission called "Missionary".

Squad play was very tight and I was supported by many fine players including Loyal, Jex, Barnaby, Dudeman, Squinty, Soonerfan, Agnew and probably quite a few more I can't remember off the top of my head. My apologies as I'm dashing this off at work and don't have my notes at hand from last night.

The mission involved a night time spec ops patrol into Paraiso to eliminate an enemy officer and destroy a heavily guarded camp.

After spawing in at the Northernmost road into Paraiso we immediately fell back and occupied the hills NW of Paraiso to gather intel for the mission. From that point the squad split forces into two fire teams with Jex leading Bravo while I headed up Alpha. Bravo set off to the West side of the city as Alpha moved in from the North and East Side. Stealth was the order of the day as both groups encountered several BMP's guarding key locations in Paraiso. Fire team members were systematically assigned the role of sneaking up and placing satchel charges while the remaining fire team members covered the approach and kept an eye out for patrolling infantry . All the while trying to remain undetected.

We must've blown up 8 or 9 bmp's and encountered 20-30 enemy along the way, including enemy spec ops troops armed with NVG, gaurding key locations around the main church in Paraiso where the enemy camp and officer were located. Despite our best efforts we lost some soldiers as we approached from the N and W. The squad regrouped and moved out to the East to approach the church from a less exposed approach. By the time we were nearing completion we were down to 3 or 4 soldiers. With excellent teamwork and coordination from everybody we eventually completed all the objectives and evacuated to the South for extraction.

This mission for me was the epitome of the best example of a Armed Assault coop mission. We had a small unit operating together with maximum teamwork, accomplishing our mission successfully with a highly successful and cooperative effort.

I think Jex summed it up best (just before he died from an exploding bmp) when he said (approximately) " I didn't fire a shot but I had the most fun ever on this mission". I'm iin agreement. I did manage to get a couple of kills but for the most part remained in the rear of the formation issuing orders and letting my FT members do their jobs. I remained alive the entire mission, exactly as a SL should and I must say I did feel some angst when my soldiers were cut down...very immersive.

Good work guys...... From reading another AAR today it looks like our colleagues on the EVO server managed to find a similar level of success the very same evening...sorry I missed it but glad we rocked the coop server...hooah
    sigpic
    |TG-1st|Grunt
    ARMA Admin (retired)
    Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Re: Missionary-September 6, 2007 ~ 6-8 p.m. EST

Looks like I missed a great night of gaming.
    |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Yes I enjoyed that very much.
      It was tight, tense with tempo and a tactical edge that was thrilling.

Yup Tigre stuff Grrrrrrrr8 ;]
      "I like a man who grins when he fights"
      Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Think the mission went pretty smooth considering we had limited ammo and only satchel charges to take out the numerous BMP's around the map. I had been laying a satchel next to one only to have it look my direction and keep me from moving off to a safe distance. Luckily Loyal drew its fire and allowed me to make it out alive; although he was taken down in the process. Both Grunt and Jex also did a fine job leading the separate squads in a combined attack.

Comment

Wow, if any lucky ducks were on for both the Co-op and Evo sessions last night, that's about 6 hours of first rate gaming!

Good job everyone, let's keep it up!

Comment

Great AAR Grunt. These nice write-ups are really appreciated and also are a great source when it comes time for ribbon decisions by admins!

Comment

That really was a good time last night. We had a great crew and it was a fun mission (coming from someone who doesn't really like spec ops missions). Grunt did a great job of organizing the fireteams, communicating, and seeking out advice...well done buddy!

Originally posted by Squinty View Post
              Think the mission went pretty smooth considering we had limited ammo and only satchel charges to take out the numerous BMP's around the map. I had been laying a satchel next to one only to have it look my direction and keep me from moving off to a safe distance. Luckily Loyal drew its fire and allowed me to make it out alive; although he was taken down in the process...
              That was really hairy...I was keeping an eye on the BMP as Squinty was approaching...just as he got into position the turret moved right above him but they couldn't see him b/c he was below there field of vision. The turret wasn't moving anymore so he couldn't move w/o being noticed so I volunteered to draw its fire. I had just made it around a corner on the opposite side of the street for cover...I could swore I was home free but got killed by splash damage...I felt bad because I didn't want anyone to think it was a suicide run...anyway, I had the satisfaction of seeing the BMP come up in flames and the crew bail out and get incinerated as a seagull...good times all!
              LoyalGuard

Comment

Sorry I missed this also! I've been learning the Shack Tac way and lately work has moved into overdrive but I've a vacation coming up and look forward to more Armaing with my friends here!

Comment

been wondering where you went off to...cmon back and illuminate us
                  sigpic
                  |TG-1st|Grunt
                  ARMA Admin (retired)
                  Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Yep that was a great missions with most of us working together. Great team work and yes, I never fired a single shot but all the planning and sneaking made up for it and more.

I was a bit peeved at the way I died though as I couldn't see the bmp when it blew and looking back at it, I probably had an elbow/shoulder sticking out at the time. Good though because it really means you should take care of where you are and not rely on the monitor width lol - so a lesson learned there.

Grunt did a fine job leading and because we all were working together and checking in with each other it was good fun. The actual mission itself I wasn't particularly impressed with, Kind of average I thought, but having a good group to play it with makes a average mission into a fantastic mission :)
                    Jex.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X