End of battle tragedy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End of battle tragedy

I joined the EVO server last night just as the last town was cleared.
    There was some random shooting going on at the main friendly base followed by requests to stop the TK-ing.

I then moved towards the captured Flanker and knelt down to look up into the cockpit when Karrbooooom I exploded.

I decided to leave there and then thinking I had been TK-ed.
    But as I was exiting I could see that the display was saying I had friendly killed Shaf and I think Go G the Flanker pilot?????

Sorry guys not sure what happened there other than to sumise it was a random explosion, I'm sure this has happend before in that you just explode for no reason when near by enemy kit.

Can anybody explain this as it certainly seemed I just went bang???

Apologies
    "I like a man who grins when he fights"
    Sir Winston Churchill

Re: End of battle tragedy

I was kinda wondering myself as someone was parking 5tons and hummVs in my direct path on the runway so I couldnt take off... I asked them to move them as I had just started a missions and BLAMMO!! BArnaby TKs us and our stolen jet... First thing I though of was amongst all the retardery that was going on, and the dark, you might have driven across the runway and hit us but I wasnt sure.
    Dizlor

Comment

Sounds like all the more reason to turn your lights on - especially aircraft - when operating on the airfield at night. It just makes sense!

Comment

Originally posted by AMosely View Post
        Sounds like all the more reason to turn your lights on - especially aircraft - when operating on the airfield at night. It just makes sense!
        I did have my lights on!! Plus I was sitting still! I had trucks intentionally parked infront of me....
        Dizlor

Comment

This may be related. When I was on the server last night, as things wound down, I noticed that there was a live satchel charge sitting in the campfire in the gear area. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that some wise guy placed several satchels throughout the base on several-hour timers, and that may have been what caused the explosion you're talking about.

Comment

good detective work!

Comment

hmmmm
              sigpic
              |TG-1st|Grunt
              ARMA Admin (retired)
              Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Go G I had only just joined and I was on foot.
                I did wonder why all the trucks, hummers were parked in front of you.
                Also wasn't somebody taking pot shots at you through the cockpit opening too.
                Anyway I though I didn't want any of that so I was about to leave when booom I blew up.
                I did think someone had done me but then saw I was named as having killed you.
                Dslyecxi point dosen't explain this though as this was my first time on the server about 2 mins at the most, but it had identified me with the friendly kill.
                If someone else had placed satchels some time back wouldn't they get the credit for this???
                I did wonder if you had dropped a bomb though but I think the bomb system is deactivated when on the ground and again the pilot would get the credit for it.
                "I like a man who grins when he fights"
                Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Dslyecxi View Post
                  This may be related. When I was on the server last night, as things wound down, I noticed that there was a live satchel charge sitting in the campfire in the gear area. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that some wise guy placed several satchels throughout the base on several-hour timers, and that may have been what caused the explosion you're talking about.
                  Actually that bomb was placed and touched off by "someone" at base before my jet went up... i guess it coulda been a timer set a bit after the other one but... I parked directly ontop of a random satchel charge ?? :P Im still pissed about blocking me on the runway more than the barnabybomb :P kidding I know you wouldnt do that Barn.:row__577:
                  Dizlor

Comment

I had placed that satchel a few hours earlier as a joke. Someone was getting fussy about people putting out the fire that he and his AI were all sitting around so i jokingly walked up and put it there. There was no timer, it was just inert and sitting there.

Someone else however thought it would be funny to do the same and set one off taking out all 7 AI and 3 of us humans around the fire... not funny.

Comment

It could be hacks of course. Only the other day I was on another server and some clown came in. The first thing we noticed was hundreds of civilians suddenly spawning. Ignorant to this we played on and then they all detonated and blew the whole map to pieces. Cretins
                      Jex.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X