No announcement yet.

Pita Air-Assault: Saturday 6 OCT 2007.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pita Air-Assault: Saturday 6 OCT 2007.

We went for something new on the Evolution server; instead of doing the same old order-of-attack (Paraiso and onward) we went north to Pita and started there. The logistics of such a thing made the night a lot more interesting.

[media]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8655896051226359874&hl=en[/media]

On another note, codeblue and myself had a great recon mission before this mission was filmed. We landed at the standard group LZ south of Pita's lighthouse and then moved around the periphery of Pita, keeping to the south of the city in the foothills. Our objective was to take out a Shilka to the west of Pita, denying us any sort of meaningful air transport abilities into the city itself.

Blue and I used a bounding technique once we got close to avoid a squad patrolling nearby; he bounded and sprinted across an open field while I provided cover with my M24. Once he was set and we determined it was clear, I bounded. He then moved up to the base of the hill (we were hiding in a treestand to the north of the Shilka's general location) while I spotted for him, telling him it was "Okay to move" or "Stop! Just freeze! Squad's on top of you". Doing that, he successfully snuck up on the Shilka and downed it with a close-range M136 rocket.

We both sprinted the hell out of there, but the cheating AI tracked us the whole way with apparent satellite-spotting technology that can see us no matter what hill we're completely obscured behind. ;P

Anyway... great teamwork from everyone. It was a bit disjointed in the beginning, but everyone finally came out of the woodwork and piped up on TS and we got some real communication going later on in the night.

Re: Pita Air-Assault: Saturday 6 OCT 2007.

Oh... for Grandma:

Breathe! Your face is turning blue!

Comment

Yesterday was a lot of fun. Wow do i look awesome! what mod is that skin from? I went crazy in photoshop when i made my face take a look at the eyes Link. I only had one screen shot from yesterday screen, go ahead laugh at my graphics.

Comment

LOL... what the hell? ATI gfx card?

Oh, and it's a replacement mod using EBU's SOCOM replacement units. I also use a similar one that replaces the regular infantry units and puts them in proper ACUs with an ACU-patterned IBAS and MOLLE gear. I'll find the links and post them in the "Mods" thread on the ArmA General forum.

Comment

Another great AAR Gillespie and nice vid!

BTW, regarding your comment on the video that you can't hear your self in the video...it's most likely not your mic. I'm pretty sure this is a known problem with Fraps/TS. For some reason when Fraps is on and recording it disables your mic on TS (Nobody else in TS can hear you and Fraps doesn't record your voice).
          LoyalGuard

Comment

You are indeed correct. Luckily, recording FRAPS does not disable my microphone; however, it does refuse to record my own voice. Shame. Puts a bit of a dent on the whole combat-camera-AAR deal. :\

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X