Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corazol cleared? Uhh... Whiskey-Tango-Foxtrot, over.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corazol cleared? Uhh... Whiskey-Tango-Foxtrot, over.

This happened on the Evo server last night (Oct. 8)

I had logged in to find Atlas, codeblue and Scamper attacking Obregan. AA cover around Obregan was still up so I was going to land a chopper at the docks in Corazol and lead an AI squad in to hunt for Shilkas.

As soon as my fully loaded Blackhawk was hovering just above the Corazol docks, I get shot down. I only remember seeing tracers far off in the distance for a split second and then the Blackhawk hammering my face into the ground.

1 Chopper down.

I go back to Corazol docks in a little bird this time and make it without a scratch. As soon as I landed, I put an AI inside to get it ready at a moments notice to fly back to base if the need arises. The downed Blackhawk is practically inside the docks area so repairing and refueling will be a snap. Or so I think...

I grab a repair truck and park it next to the Blackhawk. As soon as I jump out, I hear a few pops of distant fire. Strange, because I know Atlas and company are just east of Obregan. I pay it no mind and as I turn to face the Blackhawk, a rocket flies over my head and slams into my little bird, blowing it up and killing the pilot. I hit the dirt and see a missile soldier nearby and take him down. I stand up, turn around to keep working on the Blackhawk and see a sniper about 25 meters from me running toward to docks. I take him out as well. Where are these guys coming from? Well, back to business and as I get ready to hop in the BH, I start taking fire and am killed. Grrrrr....

2 Choppers down.

Now my fun time is over. I want to log soon, but I can't leave choppers laying all over the place. I grab an attack little bird and fly it back to Corazol. I hover above the docks and let loose FFARs around the church area and rain MG though the trees and bushes. I set the bird down and tell the AI to hightail it back to base. I call in 6 AI soldiers to cover the area while I get my screw-up fixed. Everything went as planned and I was able to return the BH to base as well.

I have a few more minutes to actually be productive so I lead my squad up the street from the docks. Just as I passed the church, I spotted movement up ahead near the apartments. We take cover and watch... An enemy squad is marching toward the docks... ??? According to the map, Corazol is clear, WTH, man? lol I order everyone to fire and the squad is eliminated with ease.

My squad makes its way over to the bodies... Snipers, MGs, rifles, RPGs... I'm about to start my trek to Obregan but fire rings out again and 2 of my men are killed. Another firefights ensues and we're caught out in the open under street lights, firing at the dark... stupid stupid stupid. I fallback to the church and wait. Sure, enough... here they come. Another squad of EI. My MGs make quick work of them and the firefight ends.

Where the heck did these guys come from? If EI makes it outside the gray area, can the town still be cleared? Afterwards, the ei return to their origin? This was odd. I thought there was a glitch because the map said that Corazol was clear.
    SADD - Soldiers Against Dumb Drivers - Campaign
    Friends don't let friends drive enemy vehicles.

Re: Corazol cleared? Uhh... Whiskey-Tango-Foxtrot, over.

Originally posted by Satmax View Post
    Where the heck did these guys come from? If EI makes it outside the gray area, can the town still be cleared? Afterwards, the ei return to their origin? This was odd. I thought there was a glitch because the map said that Corazol was clear.
    I've seen this bug in Evo a few times, where a town continues to respawn EI even though it's marked as cleared.

Our solution was to just move on to the next town and steer clear of the area.

Comment

Re: Corazol cleared? Uhh... Whiskey-Tango-Foxtrot, over.

Well, I'll just chalk it up to a false sense of security! lol
      SADD - Soldiers Against Dumb Drivers - Campaign
      Friends don't let friends drive enemy vehicles.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X