Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Co-op silent scream

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Co-op silent scream

    I believe the name of the mission is Silent scream. The objective is to take down the radio tower, re-supply at resistance camp that then reveals the location of the captured officer, lead to camp holding officer.

    I joined in after Taxi and Ivan the bad had been playing for a while along with Barnaby but he left just as I joined. Anyway Ivan did a really solid job of leading and we managed to take down the radio tower. Misha joined in at this point and we all advanced to the resistance camp without casualties. We made up a battle plan, advanced on the officers location by sending a sniper (Misha) to overwatch from the opposite hill while the rest of us set-up on the opposite hill. Ivan did a good job of assigning roles and making sure everyone knew what their priorities were before a single shot was fired. Nice work.

    However within a minute of us going "green" the mission said we failed. Misha's first priority was the guard next to the officer which he eliminated, I took out the front gate guards with the MG, Ivan hit 3 inf surrounding a UAZ via AT-4 and Taxi engaged targets of opportunity.

    I have assualted this camp solo with a sniper rifle before and picked off 6 enemy before engaging the soldier next to the officer at which point I got the mission failed message within a minute.

    Does anyone know the win conditions for this? Is there a flaw? Has anyone else had this happen? I'm curious as to why we lost especialy with such a hard hitting attack with the officers safety being paramount?

  • #2
    Re: Co-op silent scream

    Longbow-

    I will take a look at the guts of the mission this weekend to see if there are any obvious problems.
    LoyalGuard

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Co-op silent scream

      Was it the "All birds have been destroyed" or somthing like that ?? We got that too the other day, yet all objectives had a green check mark by them... quite strange. We took it as a win regardless :D
      Dizlor


      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Co-op silent scream

        Originally posted by Gogeta View Post
        Was it the "All birds have been destroyed" or somthing like that ?? We got that too the other day, yet all objectives had a green check mark by them... quite strange. We took it as a win regardless :D
        Yes something like "All birds are down" not sure. Anyways, I agree very good leading by Ivan once we really went for it. Still two ArmA bugs somewhat spoil missions like these:

        1 AI sees through vegetation
        2 You can't aim a gun down separately from your body when prone. So you have do move your whole body down the slope to get the right shooting angle downwards, thus exposing yourself way more than one would want.

        Still, was fun.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Co-op silent scream

          Yes it was a message about birds down or something. Taxi makes a good point, we all had to lie out and exposed to clear the ledge. The AI spotting is bit much on maps like this as you have alot of ground to cover.

          Thanks loyal, I hope that its an easy fix or explanation.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Co-op silent scream

            Originally posted by Taxi View Post
            Yes something like "All birds are down" not sure. Anyways, I agree very good leading by Ivan once we really went for it. Still two ArmA bugs somewhat spoil missions like these:

            1 AI sees through vegetation
            2 You can aim a gun down separately from your body. So you have do move your whole body down the slope to get the right shooting angle downwards, thus exposing yourself way more than one would want.

            Still, was fun.
            In this instance it might be better to kneel so you're just seeing over the top. The advantage of this is that if fire comes back your way, you can easily go prone behind the hill. It's also a fairly good stable position to be in. I've adopted this tactic simply because I don't want to expose myself, seem to die a lot that way :)
            Jex.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Co-op silent scream

              Originally posted by jex View Post
              In this instance it might be better to kneel so you're just seeing over the top. The advantage of this is that if fire comes back your way, you can easily go prone behind the hill. It's also a fairly good stable position to be in. I've adopted this tactic simply because I don't want to expose myself, seem to die a lot that way :)
              Yes, good point, I use kneeling for those two reasons as well. However I still want to be able to prone, to increase very long range accuracy (not sure how much difference it makes in ArmA), to have more stable automatic fire and also be slightly less easy to target from the flanks.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Co-op silent scream

                Yes got to say this mission apart from the strange ending is a nice varied one.

                We started of with just Ivan and me then bit by bit other old regular war horses joined in but at 02.10am in the UK I needed to go to bed as I had an early start.

                You need to use most skills from moving through dangerous countryside expecting to be ambushed and you will be if you're not careful, sniping, AT use, hunt 'em down, blow up colateral units, find the officer. All taking place through a varied environment of forrests, roads, small towns, mountain tops & army barracks.
                The AI are good at flanking so you do need to fire and relocate to survive

                All in all it's a good work out.
                Good leading and organising Ivan well played to all others, it makes it much more interesting when cohesion, communication and application are the order of the day.

                Looking forward to another session.

                Barnaby out
                "I like a man who grins when he fights"
                Sir Winston Churchill


                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Co-op silent scream

                  Longbow-

                  Based on the events you described in your OP, I figured out why you failed the mission. It does not appear to be a flawed ending (but it could be better explained/handled by the mission maker).

                  In order to avoid spoilers, if you or anyone else who has played this mission at TG want to know why you failed, send me a PM and I will reveal the answer.
                  Last edited by loyalguard; 10-26-2007, 03:47 PM. Reason: typo
                  LoyalGuard

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Co-op silent scream

                    Originally posted by Taxi View Post
                    Yes, good point, I use kneeling for those two reasons as well. However I still want to be able to prone, to increase very long range accuracy (not sure how much difference it makes in ArmA), to have more stable automatic fire and also be slightly less easy to target from the flanks.
                    going prone results in a 50% reduction in your weapons dispersion.

                    Comment

                    Connect

                    Collapse

                    TeamSpeak 3 Server

                    Collapse

                    Advertisement

                    Collapse

                    Twitter Feed

                    Collapse

                    Working...
                    X