• Show
Clear All

• TG game on thrusday Nov. 1

Players:
    Longbow
    Tobruk
    Tazz
    Myself

After getting assigned squads and being given our roles we went to meet the 9th and allies on the battlefield. The pregame set up was a disaester. It took an hour plus for the 9th to even be ready to play. Finally when it seemed things were ready an issue of the number of players that the 9th had came up. I am still not sure what was agreed apon but in the end they ended up having 5 more players then we did. After that 15 minute fiasco the game finally started. Only when it started the server was still on cadet mode. After another 10 minutes and 3 restrats the game finally went underway.

Ourside dominated the battle for a little over an hour. I was stationed as a sniper in Echo squad and was providing overwatch at Mercallio. Since the enemy made several pushes on Mercallio but failed. But as the night got later 2 of our Transport helo pilots left and our commanding officer, Butcher. This severy crippled our team. During this time the 9th made a large advance on Mercallio and with some rather questionable tactics that envloved parachuets was able to take Mercallio. And a few seconds after Mercallio was taking they took Obregon since they had had an advanced time sneak into Obregon and take out the squad that was stationed there.

In the end we lost the match but because of the way the pregame was handled there will be some new preposoals for rules that involve the starting of games. Which I hope are excepted and put into action. But in terms of score we had them beat 2:1 in terms of kill death ration.

The hungry, ignorant man immediately grasps that he is handed a fish, but is bewildered when handed a net. The man who shivers in the cold thinks happily of the man who invites him to sit by his fire, and somewhat poorly of the man who loans him an axe, flint and steel.

Re: TG game on thrusday Nov. 1

Thanks again Blackmain for taking the lead. The long delay for this event almost ruined it for me. Plus the initial spawn in caused me a sever lag spike, delayed me being able to get the gear I needed and my squad left me behind. It took me a good 10 - 15 minutes to finally get to my squad and take my position.

I was in 1-1-F squad as the SAW gunner. We set up east of Mercalillo tasked with holding the general area and preventing the enemy advancing on Mercalillo. The majority of my squad was engaging enemies to the west and north west. I was tasked with covering our flanks and rear. The enemy started to air drop behind our position further to the east. However every time they tried to flank our position or attack our rear guard they were cut down. Our squad worked average I would say, we had one loose canon and our SL left with about 30 min left to play but overall the communication was strong. As Blackmain said the first while went really well for our side and we dominated the score board (not that kills win the game but we were stopping most of their attacks and holding more cities). But with no air support to move people forward our reinforcments stalled. My squad did it's job well, we were never overun and we managed to hold off a good deal of forces advancing on Mercalillo. I think our squad should have transition from holding our current spot to close in closer to Mercalillo as the time passed. I think we had such a strong hold on the area that the enemy simply bypassed us later in the game. I was happy that I did not die once and managed to kill 7 enemy. This was mostly because I never moved more then 100m for 90% of the game.

There were definately some flaws with the orginization but I think that it was mostly due to the large number of people. I'm willing to try it again. I do wish that we could get a full TG only squad for the next one. All in all a good time and I love the TvT format :)

Comment

All full TG squad might become something. One person was talking of setting up a list of people that are interested in playing in those kind of battles weekly. so basically we have a core group of people that will play every week and we might be able to supplement them with people that can't.

The hungry, ignorant man immediately grasps that he is handed a fish, but is bewildered when handed a net. The man who shivers in the cold thinks happily of the man who invites him to sit by his fire, and somewhat poorly of the man who loans him an axe, flint and steel.

Comment

Thanks for the frank AAR. I apologise I didn't make it but I actually heard through the grapevine this was a no go and when I saw everyone bailing at the last minute I assumed what I heard was true. These events when organized correctly are a blast but the 930 pm start makes a hour delay totally unacceptable for those of us working the next day. Are they still using vet mode for these events?

Comment

Veteran mode is the norm, yes.

The only trouble we'd have in getting a full TG squad going is the 9:30pm EST start time. Whenever Rock gets the weekend battles going... well. Then we'll have something. :)

Huge +rep for Blackmain for taking ahold of the reins of this crazy operation.

Comment

I think I can commit to playing the mid week battles on a regular basis. The one hour delay was annoying. I have read the post for this week and it appears they are addressing this. In the future I would much rather play in this event with the TG players as a squad or at least groups of TG mixed into squads.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X