AAR- Wed. Nov. 7 9th's Event

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAR- Wed. Nov. 7 9th's Event

Squad(if I got your load out wrong let me know Ill fix it:))

Gillespie: SL
    Atomic Dog: Grenadier
    Tobruk: Medic
    Longbow: AA
    Tazz: Rifleman
    Gogeta: Sniper

It was pretty chaotic that night!! We were assigned to go on top of the HUGE ridge line W of Corazol and over watch the Fort objective, which was the small camp on the same side of Corazol. After a few restarts we finally were able to make it up there with 3 machine gun jubblies and started the fight instantly upon arrival on our perch. Unfortunately they, "somehow" had moved into position WAY faster than we had and were prepared with 2 BRDMs and a few armed UAZs. We had a tough time staying alive up there as the BRDMs and UAZs were chewing up anything on the ridge... As I speculated before we started, an enemy squad did come charging thru the woods to our south and ambushed us, several times. It was a tough spot for us and I think we did a great job considering lag and difficulty seeing anything at such a distance. We eventually had to give up over watch of the fort and move NW to cover the forest objective as it was getting capped repeatedly as well.. The rest of the night consisted of us fighting our way around the dense forest and eventually losing that flag for good..

All in all I was very happy with our cohesion and communication. Well done guys!!

A few of my highlights as the sniper(M24):

1) UAZs spotted over 1000 meters away by a squad mate, took both gunners out quickly stopping that.

2) While my squad was ambushed on top of the ridge, I was able to get 4 kills within 75 meters, 3 machine guns and 1 AK, 2 of them had me pinned laying down behind a rock, with bullets snapping above my head, I slid over to one side of the rock and layed one guy out, then rolled left to the other side and my xhairs lined up perfectly on the other guy for a head shot.. I'm sure both of them were a bit disappointed ;)

3) I watched as a lone enemy in an unarmed UAZ raced up to the radio tower about 1100 meters away down by the fort. I watched him hop out and man the machine gun of the other UAZ I had already cleaned out. I missed him 3 times. He would then jump out and head straight for the unarmed one. Anticipating what he was doing, the second he froze by the driver side door, I lined up and fired into the side window. LOL he hopped into the driver seat JUST in time to catch one to the head and flop right back out on the ground xD

4) CQB sniper action. While moving thru the dense forest, I was with one teammate, Vet mode was on and I really don't remember who it was :(, we encountered a few Op For. I gunned one down from about 50 meters, then turned and sniped a guy WAY up the ridge line ( just happened to see him trying to run up the slope ) then to my surprise, an enemy sniper runs right past me!! He had no clue we were there and I assume he was trying to get higher ground on either us or across the ridge to see Corinto, I change to the m9 and hunted him down. Chased him about 150 meters before putting 4 rounds into his back ;) It always feels good to get people completely unsuspecting

Please if you guys have some stories you'd like to share, post em up here! With Vet mod on with no tags its difficult to see who's where and doing what.

How could I forget! Tobruk diligently hunting me down as I lay in the trees and bushes bleeding.. thanks a bunch! I know I was hidden well, a few times you were about 10 feet from me and couldn't see me :D

Looking forward to next week! (BluFor will have tanks this time moohahaha)
    Last edited by Dizlor; 11-08-2007, 11:25 AM. Reason: changed date ;) | Doh! was just going to change that LOL thanks
    Dizlor

Re: AAR- Wed. Nov. 7 9th's Event

It was definitely a tough battle for us on that ridge. The majority of the night consisted of driving to the ridge, getting bushwhacked, and doing it again. It wasn't until we broke away from fort and fell back to Forest that I was able to avoid the onslaught of fire from the .50 cals below.

My Highlight:

Under order from our squad leader, Gillespie, we were to move into Forest from the north and make our way to a predetermined rally point. On the way, my squad came under fire from Corinto (I believe) which left me cut off and alone in the Forest. Flopping down on my belly I was able to move close enough to the flag to grab some attention and was suddenly under heavy fire. Unsure of my opponent's location in the woods around me I decided to lay out some suppressive grenade fire down on where I thought him to be. No kill confirmed but his fire ceased and I was able to fall back as well. I repositioned myself in some brush where I was able to crawl under thick cover all the way into the flag zone and to the flag. Once there I realized I wasn't alone. Having spotted some downed trees right on the flag I determined to make my slow and stealthy approach to the flag. Once there, OpFor was moving out toward Corinto. There were enemies practically stepping on my fingers as I lay in wait for my opportunity to take back Forest. And then it came, all the enemy had cleared out and I was able to safely take Forest back immdediately following the recapture of Corinto. It wasn't long before a pair of infantry returned to forest looking for whoever capped the flag. They took the flag back while I literally lay right under their noses unseen. They move out, I take it back one more time. By this time my team has pushed past Corinto and was on their way back to Forest when the enemy got smart and laid down some heavy rounds on the flag and my moment of glory came to an end.

The rest of the night consisted of us being pushed back and forth out of that area until the OpFor swept in, took Forest and Corinto nearly simultaneously. At that point our team was not able to take back Corinto and we ended up losing. But in spite of our disadvantages, we did put up one helluva fight.

Good work guys!
    Last edited by Atomic Dog; 11-08-2007, 01:08 PM.
    | | |

Comment

That was you that kept stealing it back???!!! Awesome!! :D
      Last edited by Dizlor; 11-08-2007, 11:25 AM.
      Dizlor

Comment

I did not have such a good night.

I would first like to say that the TG guys did a great job communicating and helping each other out. First rate squad :)

Second I liked how Gillispie adapted to the changing conditions.

The game started well for me, I managed to get all the gear I needed and rode shotgun for Gogeta in one of the UAZ's. We took fire from the large hill overlooking our closest flag, I engaged him with the .50 cal and Gogeta kept the vehicle moving enough to not get me shot but not so fast as to decrease my accuracey. We then swept the area but couldn't locate the enemy. Unfortunately we took fire from a m113 that I thought was friendly (I assumed it was friendly fire and held off firing back in hopes that he would figure it out). Shortly after this I CTD :( Of course this is when I would have been needed the most as I could hear the squad doing a great job holding the overwatch position for Fort. It took me close to 30 minutes to get things restarted and join the server!!! I sat at the "Waiting on Host" screen for ages!!!

After I did get back in game I was mostly useless, simply trying to follow orders in a mess of trees and gunfire. I think I was the guy following you Gogeta when you took down several enemy in the forest, how you spotted anyone was beyond me :) I was struggling to see any enemy with such dense cover. It was really frustrating for me as the my fps were much lower then usual and I had no clue where the enemy were coming from.

The highlight for me was when the East captured all the flags. I ran headlong into Fort, the timer counting down. It was perfect timing and I knew I could reach the flag with mere seconds left. However as I was within 10-20 meters of the flag I heard and felt AK fire, game over.

All and all the TG guys were great but I missed out on the best part of the battle :(

Couple of things I think need to be addressed with this event:

1. We need a screen shot of the map with objectives at least a day in advance. We can familirise ourselves and come up with a more thorough set of plans and fall back positions.

2. They need to make the rules clear and enforce them. To much confusion surrounding the game start conditions. It would have been nice to know ammo and munitions were limited before picking my loadout.

3. The game felt almost like BF2 at the start --> rush the front!!! I think they should allow people to start joing 15-30 minutes before the start of the match but not leave spawn. That way lag should be reduced, people could get the proper loadouts and discuss the plan more. Again it just felt like a mad dash scenario and that we needed to advance quickly at all costs.

I'm already looking forward to next week if I can keep my game from crashing it should be more fun then this week.

Comment

Not much to report here. I love leading you guys around; always so responsive with communications and orders. Makes the confusion of Veteran mode a lot easier to handle.

After about an hour of repeatedly driving to the ridge and dying to unseen opponents, I evaluated our situation, mission, and performance and determined that we weren't contributing anything to the battle. Our ridgeline position we were assigned offered almost no cover from our front, and we were completely exposed to our flanks as both the forest below us and the forest to our south provided excellent concealment to roving bands of enemy hunter/killer squads. Also, we weren't really denying the forest objective to the enemy and we were simply too far out of range to really discern any enemy movements down in the fort. We also could not provide denial to enemy movements should they want to simply circumvent our position to take that town to our immediate rear.

As such, I jumped down to talk to Rocksteel about midway through the battle and recieved a change of mission; guard Forest and harass the enemy there, taking the objective itself if possible. We abandoned our useless ridgeline position and proceeded into the forest on foot. The battle got significantly more-enjoyable from then on as it was a tense situation hunting enemy soldiers in the thick forest cover.

Due to a significant advantage in equipment and ammunition supplies, the enemy was able to finally push into the final objective and win the round.

Well played match. Thanks to those that showed up to participate. I wasn't the best prepared, but we had enough to go on and enabled me to make up things on the fly. So long as my team enjoyed themselves, I'm happy regardless of the battle's outcome. :)

Comment

Damn right guys! I thought gillespie did a fine job leading us into an unclear mission.... Pretty much every decision he/we made was on the fly and that takes real talent!
            Dizlor

Comment

It takes real talent to come up with sound decisions under those conditions. Any idiot can tell people what to do, but what Gillespie did was show some solid leadership!

All props ultimately go to him for leading the way.
              | | |

Comment

Originally posted by Atomic Dog View Post
                It takes real talent to come up with sound decisions under those conditions. Any idiot can tell people what to do, but what Gillespie did was show some solid leadership!

w0rd!
                Dizlor

Comment

Originally posted by Atomic Dog View Post

Well said Atomic Dog.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X