Saharini Life 11/26

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saharini Life 11/26

Well, the persistent server is now running Saharini Life. Some of us got started last night in amassing our fortunes, which will either go toward fighting crime or creating it.

I was a policeman last night. From that perspective, I have some important lessons to convey to the people out there:

- In team speak, join the channel commander group so that you can communicate with police. A whisper to channel commander button will help you notify them that you are complying so they do not shoot you.
    - Sassing an officer is not advisable.
    - Do not point a gun at a police officer.
    - Do not steal a police officer's vehicle (even if it is a pinto)
    - Ambushing a wanted man's car as he drives down the road is not good SOP (sorry Gogeta)
    - Flying in the rain should be avoided after you've spent your life savings on a helicopter.

Re: Saharini Life 11/26

This is a fun mission. The same night (26th) Gogeta and I were about to call it a night (for the second time -- after a successful bike bomb incident) so we drove over to the cop compound -- unarmed -- to wait for Magnum PI to respawn and come out. We wanted to hit him head on just because we were feeling a bit more naughty, but while waiting for him to come out and trying to knock down some posts I blew out the radiator on our stolen cop car.

We got on foot and figured that was that, so started playing with animations. Standing in the middle of the street I hit 'fall forward and play dead'. Gogeta did the same, just to screw around, when suddenly we heard Magnum's engine approaching. We started laughing at the idea of him seeing our two 'dead' bodies in the street and expected him to run us over, but he slowed to a stop in front of us.

Suddenly inspired, I told Gogeta that we should lay there until he got out, and then steal his car. He did get out, we waited for him to walk over, and then we both got up and jumped in his car, and started off! Magnum fired, wounding Gogeta but we rolled on making a clean getaway! Oh my were we rolling with laughter -- and imagined his surprise as he likely jumped in our broken down truck to try and chase!

So we LOL'd and rolled on with the idea to put this car to use now by hijacking the arms convoy. It didn't end up working (remember we were unarmed, and it turns out you can't steal guns from the convoy truck), so we ended the night with a spectacular crash scene of cop on motorcycle vs. two stolen police landcruisers.

I payed for it with 3.5 hours of sleep before a long workday yesterday, but man was that fun. Thanks for being a good sport Magnum!

Comment

That's a fantastic story. Playing dead. What a tactic. The busted radiator reminds me of Gogeta making fun of me for having a similar accident with my own car, then having to drive it none the less. I think he called it 'my piece of crap car.' That it was, but it beats walkin!

Does Magnum PI only play on the police side? Because I always seem to find him wearing the shield. The other night I got bold and landed my personal heli right in the bank compound, hoping to rob it and run, but there he was. I didn't even get out, I just took off again. I don't think he fired at me, but I've heard stories about him shooting first and asking questions later.

Comment

LMAO!!! wow that was too gd funny xD What a classic moment of creativity..

Speaking of magnumPI being a cop only.. Ive only seen him as a Civ a couple times.. but not for long. One particular time he was an Officer... I loaded up a dirtbike with a carbomb and drove it all the way from the terrorist camp to the hospital bank.. waited for him to walk up close and point his gun in my face and BLAMMO!!! with me still on it rofl!!! Good Times..
        Dizlor

Comment

Originally posted by Boot View Post
          This is a fun mission. The same night (26th) Gogeta and I were about to call it a night (for the second time -- after a successful bike bomb incident) so we drove over to the cop compound -- unarmed -- to wait for Magnum PI to respawn and come out. We wanted to hit him head on just because we were feeling a bit more naughty, but while waiting for him to come out and trying to knock down some posts I blew out the radiator on our stolen cop car.

We got on foot and figured that was that, so started playing with animations. Standing in the middle of the street I hit 'fall forward and play dead'. Gogeta did the same, just to screw around, when suddenly we heard Magnum's engine approaching. We started laughing at the idea of him seeing our two 'dead' bodies in the street and expected him to run us over, but he slowed to a stop in front of us.

Suddenly inspired, I told Gogeta that we should lay there until he got out, and then steal his car. He did get out, we waited for him to walk over, and then we both got up and jumped in his car, and started off! Magnum fired, wounding Gogeta but we rolled on making a clean getaway! Oh my were we rolling with laughter -- and imagined his surprise as he likely jumped in our broken down truck to try and chase!

So we LOL'd and rolled on with the idea to put this car to use now by hijacking the arms convoy. It didn't end up working (remember we were unarmed, and it turns out you can't steal guns from the convoy truck), so we ended the night with a spectacular crash scene of cop on motorcycle vs. two stolen police landcruisers.

I payed for it with 3.5 hours of sleep before a long workday yesterday, but man was that fun. Thanks for being a good sport Magnum!
          I knew you 2 were gonna try to steal my car. After gogeta got up he paused and i decided to search him. The reason you 2 got away was because i was in my menu and i only had time to fire as you were moving away

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum PI View Post
            I knew you 2 were gonna try to steal my car. After gogeta got up he paused and i decided to search him. The reason you 2 got away was because i was in my menu and i only had time to fire as you were moving away
            so what your saying is you would have shot us before we even got in the vehicle ? ... cuz you started shooting as soon as we moved away from you lol cops these days...
            Dizlor

Comment

"cops these days" are jumpy for a reason, and you are that reason!

Last night, after finding myself and Sam Hoy closely guarding the bank with satchel charges, Gogeta complains about the police presence and starts goofing off in the street (he called it breakdancing) in his funny clown pants. Then he proclaims that he's "outta here" and begins walking down the street. Meanwhile his accomplice drives up in a sedan. Once the officers turn their attention to the new arrival, Gogeta opens up from the bush.

This is only one example of why officers get jumpy awfully fast.

Comment

Originally posted by AMosely View Post
                "cops these days" are jumpy for a reason, and you are that reason!

Last night, after finding myself and Sam Hoy closely guarding the bank with satchel charges, Gogeta complains about the police presence and starts goofing off in the street (he called it break dancing) in his funny clown pants. Then he proclaims that he's "outta here" and begins walking down the street. Meanwhile his accomplice drives up in a sedan. Once the officers turn their attention to the new arrival, Gogeta opens up from the bush.

This is only one example of why officers get jumpy awfully fast.
                moohahahah!! ;) I went around the house to the backyard and doubled back to find a second officer had shown up to harass my accomplice... the second officer tried lying down using the car as cover after I took you out..... but that didn't work :D .... and another successfully bank heist ;) Civ is so much fun lol

.... or how bout the time I walked up to the bank and found 2 officers (you mose and someone else... insanatrix i think) and hid behind your 4x4... checked its inventory and found a shiny new SPR and ammo ;) you can all imagine what I happened next...
                Dizlor

Comment

I played this mod a few nights back with Chopper and myself as Civs with SamHoy as a 'bad cop'. After a few failed attempts to steal his car, and rob the bank of our own money we set about massing a fortune.

By the time a couple of other people joined, I had nearly enough to buy a Littlebird. Once I had that we pooled our resources and bought a sh*t load of drugs which earnt us a cool $200,000. We then geared up at the terrorist base, and headed into town. Unfortunately there was only one cop left so we left for the co-op server.

Still, it's kinda funny being able to bank-roll terrorist membership and weapons for new civs and recruit them to a rebel army.

That said, given the choice I'd prefer to play co-op.
                  "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, sweat and tears"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X