Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAR - Dec 8th - Silent Screams

Heres a AAR for the Silent Screams map:

Some of the people on were: myself, |1st-MIP|Protoman-swe, Ginsoakedboy, Fiddlestx, Falcon, Chaka, FeistySheep, |TG-Irr|AirTransRanger, with Dragonfire and I think someone else joining towards the end. I'm sure there were others but I can't remember off the top of my head.:)

The squad started after a beach landing with orders to move inland to complete several objectives. They included, Securing documents, taking down a radio tower, destroying an op-for stronghold and rescuing a captured officer.

By the time I joined in, squad leader Protoman had already moved his troops through the rugged terrain to the south of the radio tower and had secured ammunition supplies from the local population. They were heavily engaged with several enemy squads and had ambushed a troop truck. I navigated the terrain and joined up with our main force just as Protoman ordered an attack to secure the documents and take down the tower.

A captured Grenade launcher equipped UAV devastated the treeline as we moved in, shredding anything that moved. In short order we had taken the high ground and eliminated a camp of snipers at close range. From this position Ginsoaked used his 50 cal to countersnipe and keep the surrounding hillsides clear. The rest of the squad made sure the documents were secured as a satchel blew apart the radio tower.

Falcon had joined around then and had been pinned down in a village north of our objectives, so we moved into a overwatch position to provide him some support. Our captured UAV was well used and rained fire down into the town taking out two bmps with repeated grenades. An op-for sniper gave us a few problems on a nearby hillside, but we were able to zero in on him and he died in a hail of saw fire.

Evaluating our captured vehicles we abandoned the armed UAV, in favor of larger passenger capacity. Our small convoy moved out to the east to take on a op-for base. Coming under fire just short of the base our two unarmed vehicles beat a hasty retreat while the squad gave covering fire.

Protoman pressed our attack and we breached the compound, taking heavy fire from defending troops, UAV's and a BMP. Grabbing a RPG from a fallen defender I quickly fired 3 rounds to no effect. I can only assume this is only due to the RPG's being poorly made and thus defective.;)

Within minutes the squad had wiped out the defenders; and acquired a damaged BRDM2 for our personal use. After repairing it we moved out to free the captured officer. SL lead the way in the BRDM2 with a pickup and a ammo laden ural truck bringing up the rear.

After an uneventful trip over poorly maintained roads we approached a wooded area where a T72 had been spotted earlier. Dragonfire joined the convoy while myself and Chaka scouted ahead; finally finding the T72 stuck on an embankment. We showed no mercy and destroyed the target outright.

Chaka and I continued to move up to see what we were dealing with. The camp was heavily defended with our officer standing out in the open. Perhaps awaiting his execution by his capturers. Protoman ordered his forces into a firing line on the slope while he moved our BRDM2 up for a frontal assault. Our well aimed fire made quick work of defending snipers and our officer ran like a juiced track star to freedom.

The mission lasted about three hours, it had a respawn script where after a certain amount of time you would spawn back in on your body. This wasn't my first time doing this map, but it played out much better than last time. This time we kept our transportation safe from danger and avoided several ambush situations by scouting ahead.

Re: AAR - Dec 8th - Silent Screams

Good AAR...

But Tactical Gamer doing RESPAWNS! My god hell has frozen over after all. ;)
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Excellent AAR Squinty! Sorry I missed the action!
      LoyalGuard

Comment

Nice AAR, it was a good run. Sitting over that last base with the 50cal was fun, we cleared the base very quickly.

I think it was a good intro for the newer guys we had on too.
        "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, sweat and tears"

Comment

Too bad I had to leave after the clearing the radio tower. Sounds like there was alot more fun to be had. Enjoying the game so far and looking forward to more.

Comment

Nice writeup Squinty - sounds like you guys could have opened a used car dealership with all the confiscated wheels!

Comment

Originally posted by AMosely View Post
              Nice writeup Squinty - sounds like you guys could have opened a used car dealership with all the confiscated wheels!
              I am still waiting for a "Commandeered Enemy Property" receipt, Form TG-A572. TheBigC gets angry when forms aren't turned in on time! (Just ask Gogeta about the "M1030" incident!)
              LoyalGuard

Comment

I would like to thank all the people who stood out with my below average leadership, but we started out with five people and ended with eight, it was real fun playing with you all. Both new and old. :D

"I'm gonna shove the lawbook somewhere where the sun don't shine on him.
                Then he can truly say that he knows how it feels when the laws are used effectively"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X