Wimp stumbles into ARMA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wimp stumbles into ARMA

Tuesday night is ARMA night for the 6th so I loitered around the ARMA coop TS channel waiting for someone to show. I played some other games for a bit and later in evening started hearing talk about "Soles" in the TS channel. I figure it was some kind of code word for "There is an infiltrator in our channel!".

Around 9:30 it was evident that none of my wayward brothers were going to appear so I jumped into a mission in ARM with Atomic Dog and Delta. Keep in mind that this is only the second time I have ever played ARMA online. Both of the guys gave good advice and made me welcome as always. Our mission (at night) was to blow up 2 UAZ's that were well guarded and the area was regularly patrolled by the OP-FOR. We slowly maneuvered our way on foot to a cross road between the UAZ's and waited for a mounted patrol to drive by. We set our ambush with Delta next to the road and Atomic and I positioned well off the road. Atomic killed the driver and we took out he gunner with our silenced weapons. We then repositioned so that we could see the compound housing one of the UAZ's. It was also well guarded with regular foot patrols. We maneuvered ourselves into a position that would allow maximum lethality while the patrol was turning a corner (with a pause so that Delta could relieve his bladder). We eliminated the 3 man patrol but unfortunately the rest of the compound was alerted. We repositioned across the road with a very nice over-watch maneuver for better defense and visibility. Delta probed into the city trying to locate a patrol and was KIA. Atomic ordered me to withdraw and we started falling back. I was killed without ever seeing the dastardly murderer. Unfortunately a storm took out my internet just after my death so I'm not sure how the mission ended but I'm pretty sure it was bad for Atomic Dog.

Thanks guys for a fun evening. Even though I didn't survive the mission I had a lot of fun!
    Retired 6th DB

Re: Wimp stumbles into ARMA

Always a pleasure to have you out with us Wimp. Don't be a stranger!
    | | |

Comment

Agreed. C'mon back!! I need souls, man.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
      Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
      Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

This is great to hear. Do stick around and play more wimp.. There is almost no end to the "first time for that!!" line in this game.. its alway fun and completely flexible in how you accomplish your mission.
        Dizlor

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X