That was a long mission...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That was a long mission...

I think we probably did the best we could with that one. It became apparent pretty early on that it was going to be tough what with around 10 pieces of enemy armour all around us and most of the squad fixed out with MP5's or aimpoints (and only about 4 mags each and 1 AT guy).

Personally I feel that mission was way too much and too many objectives - had that been a real life mission, I would expect 10 times the troops and armour support. Equipping the team out with substandard weapons and not even a half our equipment slots filled up seemed to be a poor decision on the mission makers part.

Well done to everyone for slogging it out. I actually feel pretty exhausted after that one lol.
    Jex.

Re: That was a long mission...

I think the author justified the lack of equipment by allowing players to respawn.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
    I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
    Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

What is the point of respawning and dying over and over? There a time there where C couldnt stay alive for more than a couple of seconds.
      I liked the mission. The gear could be improved, but overall, we DID finish it. There were many weapon and ammo crates once we managed to secure a block in the city, and you can re-equip and move on from there. I had a blast.

Comment

The mission was not horrible, but I could have done without respawns. Two hour was kinda epic for that kind of mission, but I had a blast as always!
        "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

I'm kinda just getting used to ArmA so just bear with me LOL :)

Comment

I enjoyed the mission altough i didnt weapon loadouts, not enough long range weapons, SPR isnt the best at sniping at a distance.

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
            So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

I did fine with the Mk12, but an M107 would've been much appreciated.
              The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
              I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
              Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Great to see everyone enjoyed it. My only real gripe with a mission like that was the initial loadouts we had. Had we been allowed, we would have had load outs that we wanted for the mission at hand (which intel would have provided enemy strengths to make those choices). Placing weapon crates over the map should not be something we should rely on (especially as we didn't know they were there). I think we would have done much better had we been allowed to choose our load outs from the beggining - MP5's for an assault like that is just silly. It's great that people are making missions but I feel that, unless the story demands we have a certain loadout, we should be able to choose the weapons we want and I think we would have been a lot more successful, and had a lot more options open to us, had the mission allowed us to do so. Good mission though and thanks to everyone for be patient and following orders - it makes it so much more enjoyable when we're all working together. Also there were some excellent ideas and actions from everyone; great to see people spotting an advantageous situation and calling them in :)
                Jex.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X