Mini-mission - Destroy the Radar Tower

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini-mission - Destroy the Radar Tower

Bobik sent me and two others to destroy a radar tower that sits high up in the NE mountains. I had just HALO'd in and was quite disoriented, I'd be happy if these 2 guys remind me who they were (Hund? Krako?), as this was a nomination-worthy assault on all accounts. (hint hint: come forward - get a ribbon!)

Patient as they were, they allowed me to take them on a rather exhausting hike in order to flank the city between us and the objective. Another small group was assaulting said city, and I didn't want to get caught in a cross-fire. North we went, avoiding small groups of infantry and slowly moving up the mountain. We managed to avoid a huge T-72 patrol, and finally the tower was in sight. Another armor group was patrolling the road leading up to the tower, littered with infantry. I then asked them if they believed we could pull this off without a single shot being fired. We decided to try.

A steep cliff was directly behind the tower, and we decided to approach from there. That direction was also the only one unfenced, and that made going in even easier. I stayed on the cliff and sent my guys up to the tower. Just as soon as the satchels were being placed, They report infantry closing in, and shots are fired. They call me for to come up, and while they engage with silenced weapons, I lay the final charges on the tower (not that they were needed - my guys had already put enough down). Enemy infantry dispatched, I order a quick retreat to our last observation point, about 100m from the tower. Once there, charges were set off, tower destroyed. No casualties, about 30 silenced rounds fired, max. It was epic.

Only pic I managed to take: Me and ? (Krako?) wait out the first T-72 patrol while ? (Hund) HALO's in after losing connection:

(When we finished, I radio'd Squad Leader (Bobik) to let him know, only to find him and his entire gang dead literally on the other side of the Island. We eventually made it to their position (revives were on) only to be camped and killed (again and again) by a BMP2 and T-72.)

Re: Mini-mission - Destroy the Radar Tower

For some reason the scripts in that mission dropped my FPS to zero; other than that, it was pretty cool.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
    I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
    Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Oops. Can this thread be moved to the AAR forums? I must have spaced out while writing this. :(

Comment

I was with Bobik when we got T-72'ed to death. I was within 150m of that last tower when I got shot, trying to re-arm cuase I was out of all ammo for every gun and only had satchels.
        sigpic

Comment

It was a very fun mission. It started off pretty rough when I landed in the open right in front of a spec ops group. My HALO partner, Adept_abyss, killed most of them while trying to revive me. He eventually got shot in the process. But a few minutes later the rest of the squad was here to get us. thanks for not letting me (us) down :icon_cool

Comment

This mission is very, VERY tough. Once the armor is alerted to your presence, you're done for unless you can hide, and hide well.

Once we got onto the island across the bridge, we started taking contact from enemy infantry patrols. We attempted to destroy the bridge, but it was apparently made from adamantium that resisted around 5 - 6 satchel charges. The entire SLA armored division swept onto that island, picking us off one by one.

Comment

Lol last part of the mission was funny to watch everyone running from tanks trying to survive..was a brilliant mission would love to do it again with more people and less tank camping :P..and plus i only got to shoot 3 officers i want more blood

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
              So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

LOL, maybe next time, we can assault this place with more people and air strikes (I think it's available on this map)

Comment

We Tried to Air Strike it, but the Suilka's caused them to wave off. We would need to take them out before calling in Air Support.
                  sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X