The Greatest Mission - Diplomacy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Greatest Mission - Diplomacy

The Greatest Mission ever played occurred tonight. It lasted about 2 hours and was full of surprises, unique challenges, and stressful situations. Through teamwork and patience our squad had a managed to survive and we accomplished all of our goals.

Thanks to everyone who played on Co-Op from 1130pm to 115pm...that was outta this world.

*I'd describe what went down but I'm just too tired now!

Re: The Greatest Mission

It was a half hour operation turned into a two hour EPIC BATTLE! It was like Black Hawk Down, except successful. I'm too tired to write now (exhausted), but I'll describe in detail in the morning.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
    I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
    Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Same, its 3:15 and we just left the server!! LOL After patrolling around in the BH even longer, I picked up Adog, and Toasty at Masbete, then searched for and rescued Extinct(he had no GPS so he didnt know where exaclty he was) and returned safely back to base... That was one of the best times on a mission I have ever had1! The most intense part for me was definitely the run-in with that BMP on the way back.. Our Ural took a hit from it as we were driving, everyone bailed. I jumped out and saw that I was face to face with that SOB!!! I bolted immediatly zigzagging around infront of it, around it, and crouched directly behind it. It had no shot. I look around to catch my breath and survey the situation only to see my entire squad dead on the ground except for ednos and.. extinct I think it was. I was able to distract the turret on the opposite side as they were all revived!!.. They backed off and atomic said he had a rpg shot on it, we counted to three and extinct and I sprinted away as fast as we could and BOOM!! BMP down... holy crap that was intense! GReat work everyone and thanks for stickin it out! Im also too tired to post more lol... Hot damn I love this game!!!!

Soldiers:

Atomic Dog
      Ednos
      Delta
      Extinct
      Whistler
      Vanity
      Toasty
      and me.

I dont think I forgot anyone, but if I did, many apologies.. its kinda late and I cant really see so good S)
      Dizlor

Comment

Nope, that was the full roster. Amazing, though, everything was going as planned until our stupid helicopter disappeared... and then as planned again until that BMP appeared. We were transporting a friendly officer back to the main airport north of Paraiso when we encountered that BMP just southeast of Bagango. After much ado, we waylaid a UAZ, and Atomic Dog and I hopped in with the unarmed officer and headed for Corazol. Now, this was tricky, because it was a border zone. In what was probably the most intense ArmA experience I've had in a while, we sped across the southern beach, started taking fire which almost made me soil myself, and made it into friendly territory, almost running over a patrolling squad of friendlies.

After that the mission started winding down, as our last objective was to hunt an officer who didn't exist due to a bug in the mission design. Up until that point, I'm proud to say, I'm the only person who hadn't died at all, even fighting graphics errors on our journey through the border. GGs, guys.
        The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
        I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
        Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Our mission began on the south side Isla de Vassal. A blackhawk had recently crashed on the island and our mission was to retrieve the blackbox and rescue the commander which was being transported aboard the bird.

The blackhawk was relatively unguarded save for one rifleman in a tower overwatching the area. He was quickly eliminated with silenced weapons while the perimeter was secured and the blackbox retrieved.

Our next priority was to locate any survivors and to find the Commander. The marksman was ordered to the hill north of our position to give overwatch on the small village on the southern end of the island. It was there we discovered the encampment of SLA forces guarding and patrolling the area. A shilka was spotted amidst the solidiers along with one sole survivor. Unfortunately, it was not the Commander, but a press agent who managed to survive and get himself captured. Perhaps he would have some information that could lead us to the commander.

It wasn't long before a quiet foggy night turned into a chaotic battle scene. In an attempt to take down the Shilka, there was a friendly fire incident due to a misplaced 136 round. The shilka managed to take down a few others before it was finally destroyed. It then became a scramble for the medic to revive the downed soldier and get them back to the fight. Once that was done, the clean up was quick and the area was secured.

Upon interogating the prisoner, the location of the commander was discovered. That wasn't the end of this press agent's information, however. It seemed during his capture he became privvy to highly sensitive information and the orders came down from HQ that [this portion of the AAR has been blocked out and must be considered classified].

The squad rearmed and prepared to move out to the north. Intel informed us there may be an Mi-17 present to help get us off the island. Sure enough, up the road, we came face to face with a machine gun nest and a small encampment. One of our marksmen made quick work of the gunner before we came into contact with the nest, so we proceded quickly to secure the perimeter around the camp. The only resistance we met were 2 pilots that we caught unaware. The squad quickly loaded up in the Mi-17 and we got the hell out of dodge even quicker.

The intel we recieved from the press agent had placed the Commander in the area of Masbete on Northern Sahrani. Our flight was quiet and we met no resistance along the way to our LZ at Ixel, just south of Masbete. From Ixel we moved north along the road and then into the hills just east of Masbete. No sooner than we stopped to scan a warehouse compound just outside of town, a Shilka was spotted within the compound and UAZ coming down the road to the north of us. The UAZ appeared to have been on patrol, but we weren't taking any chances. The order was given for RPGs and 136 to target both the Shilka and UAZ. Once this was done, both were taken down in near simultaneous actions. Wasting no time, one marksmen was left on the hills to give overwatch as the rest of the squad hurried to the wall surrounding the compound. A breach in the wall was discovered on the east side of the compound where we quickly took control of the area and moved in to secure.

At first, resistance was light, but it wasn't long after the action began that SLA forces began swarming in from all directions of the town. In the center of the compound stood our commander, what few guards were assigned to watch him were quickly eliminated. Once the compound was secure, the order was given to sweep the town for any other targets of interest before evacuating the Commander. Once the town was secured we commandered an enemy Ural and began our way back to our bird.

Much to our surprise, upon arriving back at the LZ, we discovered our Mi-17 was gone. We spent little time pondering on this mysterious disappearing act and started planning for what our next option was. It was decided that our only option was to continue toward Corazol in the Ural and hope we could evade the enemy forces on the North-South Sahrani border which had been established there. SLA forces were dug in strong on the north side of the border zone, while RACS forces had taken control of the south. It would be dangerous and our chances for success were nearly nil.

We continued down the road toward Corazol where our Ural came under fire by an enemy BMP which had been positioned on a roadside checkpoint. Several of our men were rendered unconcious, those who were not made their way to cover immediately. The situation, again, was dire. AT rounds were sparce and nobody had packed any C4. Our medic skillfully made his way around to tend to the unconcious while evading BMP detection which sat within meters of his position. Once the team was up, those who were not in cover quickly scrambled for cover, which alerted the BMP. Again, we came under fire and several of our soldiers went down.

At this point, two of our team were positioned directly behind the BMP which made any kind of AT attack impossible. It was decided that the only option we had was for those members to run as fast as possible away from the AT toward cover while a shot could be taken with AT. This proved entirely successful. As the two soldiers ran, the BMP began to turn its turret on them. Just as it was about to line up, the AT round was fired, the BMP destroyed and all members of the team were safe once again.

We continued on.

Moving on foot through Northern Sahrani toward Corazol behind enemy lines by all logic should have seemed a daunting enough task to crush the morale out of any well trained unit. But our men were in good spirits and determined to succeed.

As we moved on, the sound of a UAZ engine could be heard coming up the road. This could be our lucky break if we could ambush the UAZ and retrieve the vehicle in working condition. We didn't have much time, we set up the best we could and prepared for the UAZ. As it came upon us, we opened fire, quickly killing both the gunner and driver. And by a stroke of fortune, the UAZ was unharmed and in working order.

The order was given that the Squad Leader, the rescued Commander and a driver would take the UAZ and head as quickly as possible toward RACS HQ in Paraiso. This would leave the rest of the squad to fend for themselves with only the hope that the UAZ team made it back successful so they could return with support for their exfil.

The UAZ, once loaded, sped off to the south avoiding roads and roadblocks as much as possible. The ride was bumpy and the nerves were already stretched thin at this point, but we kept on with a clear objective in site...return home alive.

The way was clear up to Corazol. The driver was skillfull and navigated the terrain to his best advantage as we approached. Once near Corazol, we determined our best option to be taking the southern coast in an attempt to evade patrols and roadblocks in Corazol itself. Knuckles white, we made our way in. The border was in site, we were almost home, when we came under fire in the UAZ. The driver quickly floored the gas pedal and in one blurry moment we suddenly went from being in danger to being in the safety of RACS forces waiting for us on the other side of the border. What a site for sore eyes. We had made it.

Upon securing the commander at HQ, we quickly made use of a blackhawk and returned behind enemy lines to retrieve our commrades who had been fending for themselves behind enemy lines. Making a quick landing, the remaining team loaded safely on-board. It was time to go home.

Once we returned home, there was no time for celebration. The team quickly rearmed and prepared to return once more over enemy lines to hunt down an elusive SLA Commander who had been in the area of Masbete where he had evaded our forces. The hunt continued for some time, but at the end of the day, our mission was a success and we our team dealt a heavy blow and earned a victory for the good guys.

The following soldiers are to be commended for the courage and valor in the face of extreme and imminent danger while operating behind enemy lines:

SL-Atomic Dog
          Gogeta
          Delta
          Ednos
          Extinct
          Whistler
          Vanity
          Toasty

Good job guys!
          | | |

Comment

Re: The Greatest Mission - Diplomacy

You forgot the Gogeta Launcher incident... "It was just supposed to be one bullet!" "Yeah, and what was it?" "Twenty grenades."
            Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

I was put in charge of the team on foot as the UAZ escape was being made. We were to move South as fast as we could and try to get to a clear spot to hold up and await exfil by helo. My team (extinct, vanity, and delta) and I moved swiftly thru the hill sides East of Bagango. We were able to quietly sneak by several troop/vehicle convoys without being noticed. Just as soon as we thought we were clear, we came across a small camp with 2 snipers perched on rooftops. I asked that we stay quiet and not fire on them, and try to sneak past without alerting them. We made it passed fine, but as we ran off, we came under fire from those very snipers. We zigged, we zagged, and miraculously we all avoided Dragunov fire to the back completely. As we continued on South, I noticed a large valley, perfect for a extraction. As soon as I saw this, Atomic came on the radio saying that they had made it passed corazol and were on the way to Paraiso Airport. I then noticed an abandoned farm area, fenced in and comletely guarded on all sides by hills. I ordered my squad to move to the area and clear it. We met no resistance, and awaited exfil on the porch of the farmhouse. Within minutes, Atomic shows up with a Blackhawk and carries us to safety!!
              Dizlor

Comment

God that was so awesome.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
                Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
                Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

Well done guys, hopefully someone put in for some ribbons???
                  sigpic

Comment

Well played and well written.

Comment

yes, that was an awesome mission! i had the most fun in a game ive had in a long time last night.