Thanks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks

Just wanted to say thanks to all who took part in the game last night on the TG Server. It was great to get a decent game going mid week at a reasonable (ish) hour GMT.

Thoroughly enjoyed the game in particular the team work which is what I was hoping to get involved with when joining up with TG guys. I canít remember all involved with the game but special mention to Barnacle for his leadership, Iceman for his sterling work with vehicle recovery and both anti-air and anti-vehicle cover and NKato for his tank support in the M1A1. In addition just the all round mutual infantry support of XMaster and GeneralJake.

Good job by all ensuring a great game and just an all round good time gaming on the TG server. Out of interest it was password protected which helped ensure the game was played the TG way.

Hereís to many more good games.

Cheers guys - itís even made work seem bearable today ;-)

Nil Desperandum Auspice Deo

Re: Thanks

Moved this thread to start an AAR.

Great games, I came in about the time Sabre was leaving. Again, kudos to Barnacle for running the show. Great comms and great teamwork were the highlight of the night.

I recovered some downed vulcan's and HMMV's to start my night just as Paraiso was cleared. I then proceed to function as the abrams support column with a Vulcan, Repair trucks, and a M2 HMMV for light infantry support around the FARP. Barnacle was leading the infantry from the North side of Somato with Iceman's light assault vehicle column in support. Nkato with the Abrams and I approached from the East. Good opening gambit, infantry with fire support made it into the city. Just as the tank and light vehicles began to move a BMP flanked from the west and was able to disable the tank with its AT missle and its main gun tore through the rest of the light armor. The BMP eventually moved back into the city, this allowed my support vehicles to move in, but I decided we may need more anti-armor support so I brought up a TOW stryker to my column. The TOW eliminted the BMP at range and the recovery began, but was interrupted by a SU bombing and KA-50 strafe. The lone vulcan was overwhelmed and we suffered some casualties. Once the aircraft was subdued and repairs complete I joined the infantry group and moved on foot from N to S along the main road. We had Abrams support until we encountered a cannon hidden in the trees. This forced the tank to retreat and begin shelling, but the cannon was not hit. The infantry took some casualties while attempting to circle through the city, but eventually Iceman's column made it around the west side of the city and reached a hill that he could shell the cannon with his MK19. Barnacle and I directed his fire until we could see bodies near the cannon. We then brought the tank up and finished clearing the city.

A good showing for the small number of people. Took more casualties than we would have liked, but I think we underestimated the volume and weaponry of the enemy. Hope to have some good games like this in the future.
    |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Thanks a lot guys - I don't often get into any of the leadership roles in-game. I don't think that I was doing much last night except getting everyone pointed in the same direction at the same time. Lots of fun though. Hopefully, I'll be on again this afternoon.

-BoD
      BarnacleofDoom

One shot - One miss!

Comment

tHa_KhAn I knew I’d miss someone out. You did indeed join not long before I had to leave (somewhere around 1:15 am – work night - not good) although I believe we did have the dubious pleasure of dying together along with Barnacle when the M1A1 took its second hit in Somato.

Barnacle don’t do yourself a disservice you did a great job, pointing people in the right direction at the right time is just what’s needed. I thought you did a great job co-ordinating the various aspects; of course you were well supported by a great team LOL. I’m relatively new to the game so I certainly appreciated your input and you taking the time to explain some of the finer points of the game to me.

Earlier in the game Jake had managed to make his way to the area around the Radio Tower in Paraiso, unfortunately without means to destroy the tower. For once I managed to make a contribution to the objective; I’d geared up with a couple of Satchel Charges and started by picking my way through the streets in the North West of the town. On route to the target I’d somehow managed to take out a small squad of enemy troops. I moved on after the small skirmish and proceeded to the Radio Tower. As Jake provided cover I managed to place the Satchels before moving off to cover. The charges were detonated and the Tower was down, unfortunately this made the natives a trifle restless. Jake was taken down by an enemy sniper and shortly afterwards I was overrun by the rest of the squad, not before taking two of them with me though.

Shortly after, Barnacle rallied the team on the hills on the west side of the town to co-ordinate a sweep through the town to clear out the remaining infantry. We proceeded down into the west edge of the town with Iceman providing anti-air cover and support from the hilltop. Nkato provided close support in the M1A1 while myself, Xmaster and Jake under the watchful command of Barnacle proceeded to make a clockwise sweep of the town. We move off cautiously covering each street crossing and junction. We encountered only minor resistance with Jake managing to snipe a couple of enemy stragglers.

We continued towards the North of town in relative peace and calm however the peace was short lived as an enemy helicopter began to circle overhead. Iceman opened fire from the hilltop and managed to shoot down the helo. Our joy was short lived however as the helo plummeted to the ground. It ploughed into a building where we were regrouping prior to moving to the East side of town. You just know your luck is out, the helo crashed down killing the four man infantry squad.

The M1A1 survived and Nkato held his position and awaited the infantry reinforcements. Barnacle again co-ordinated the team and arranged the rendezvous with Nkato. Shortly after regrouping we moved off to the East side of town, we had only travelled a short distance when we spotted and eliminated the remaining troops. Objective completed and a job well done, Barnacle gathered the squad and then co-ordinated the move to Somato. Iceman pushed ahead as forward recon and set up the FARP outside of town in preparation for the next assault.

A basic account/aar but I thought it was worth sharing a new guys experience and account of his little part in a battle.

Nil Desperandum Auspice Deo

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre View Post
          A basic account/aar but I thought it was worth sharing a new guys experience and account of his little part in a battle.
          It might be a basic AAR, but those are usually the most informative. They cover the individual accounts and it is interesting to read people's perspectives.
          |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...