Domination AAR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domination AAR

I have to say that I was impressed with all that had played Domination over the past 5 days. We had server 2 running persistent mode where the mission ran consecutively without any hiccups. People came and went while the mission was running, but much to my delight, not once did I see vehicles or aircraft littered across the map the whole time. People were courteous to always make sure that they returned assets to either the base or leave the mobile CP operational at the next objective. The best part was that people could come and go as they please without interrupting the overall mission and objectives. This made for a relaxed gaming session that people could really enjoy, no matter their skill level. On top of all that, no one changed the mission which left this one running which it more compelling for people to return to it and complete it.

The original setup was us playing the West side, with no AI and 10 cities to be captured. Wow that took a longgg time!!
    I am finding out that one city may take up to 3-4 hours depending on how many people are in game.

There were some good tactics that several people helped shoe me that others can take away from Evolution.
    1. Make sure you choose your role wisely.
    2. Move the CP to a backside of a hill outside the objective area. It will be protected from arty.
    3. Create as many crates as you can, there are 3 types that are spawned from the Mobile CP. Only some have Stingers and others have Javelins.
    4. The Arteriallyman can really soften up targets, but are most effective against destroying the radio towers before the team arrives on the objective.
    5. The Engineer is the most important role to choose. He can repair and refuel damaged vehicles. He can also flip vehicles (if there is a repair truck close by) as well as help move fighting positions.
    6. The Medic can place mobile MASH tents. That is super handy!!
    7. The Team leader can airdrop things like ammo and vehicles.
    8. Do not destroy vehicles if you do not have to, you can always claim empty ones for yourself.
    9. You can create a motorcycle (M1030) from the mobile CP after you spawn in.
    10. The enemy aircraft will unleash on you if they find you in a vehicle.
    11. They all of a sudden will flank you?!! Really adds to the experience with their skill.
    12. Someone always has to be around with a stinger, there are too many aircraft to not defend against it.
    13. Stockpile the mobile CP with stingers and Javelins. They will really come in handy when moving the CP ad when there are none in the created crates.
    14. Fog is your friend. You will be able to have some freedom of movement when the weather is bad, the AI as well as you have trouble seeing.
    15. You can actually slingload vehicles like the CP with a Blackhawk. That was really great to speed up movement times to the next objectives.

The game was definitely fun and to all that participated, thanks! I hope we can do something like this again this week and have anther memorable experience!!!

Go ahead and post up your thoughts and observations of how you felt about this epic mission...
    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Re: Domination AAR

14. My experience has been different here in that they tend to see me through the fog.

Domination is a really good game and the new version has these great new features. I grabbed a couple of screenies of yesterdays play (does anyone else get this level of illumination on a full moon?)

You can just see the SU34 cricling us above the skies of Bagango and the one we shot down earlier...

After that we're hunting for the last few remaining enemy in the city. General Jake flies overhead to see if he can find them...

After leaving Bagango we headed to Ortego - this is shortly after our first assault on the city...

Jex.

Comment

What I found about artillery is that it's better to see the objective before calling a fire mission. That way, you can automatically mark enemies on the map. It makes it easier to be on target.

I enjoy Domination better than warfare. less managing, more shooting :row__593:

Comment

Thanks for all that good pionts.Will definitly use them in my next experience with domination.

The last few weeks I have seen a drop in online server numbers.I still could remember it being at 25 and over and use to love it!I really think Warfare mod has shaken up a few people with choices with online game playing.Warfare is not bad butt it takes away that interactive coop feeling.

To all the TG gamers i think you are a great bunch of people to play ARMA with.THANKS!
        |TG| Eugene
        sigpic
        Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord and has made the Lord his hope and confidence-Jeremiah17:7

Comment

Hello all,

I would agree with the sentimens about Warfare having destroyed a lot of "team" element, it should really be called "Warfare aka Capture the flag aka sprint around the map and find the enemy base Han SOLO style!" :-)

Domination is becoming my fav mission as people do work together, with not quite the ridgidity of true squad play, but with specific roles for people.

For example Beta and I yesterday started at around 3pm Pacific, a 14 city "West Revive" campaign! (Holy cow thats tough!!) It took the two of us with a couple of extras here and there nearly 6 hours to clear just two cities, granted Corazol was one, but it is the perfect mission to introduce pubbies to the TG way of gaming. Unfortunately it crashed big time at around 11pm last night and had problems for around 15 minutes crashing, everyone left, I came back in and started another Domination (RACS Revive) four city map and it ran well with roughly 8 people on it.

I also believe the Revive element adds to the team spirit, with people naturally helping each other when down. This also weeds out the points hunters and lone wolves.

Daniel was new to the TG servers last night and he, Gramps, Addison and a few others later on had a good game and hopefully Daniel will be seen more regularly on the server and I encouraged him to join here as this is the style of play he likes.

So...see ya all on their soon, numbers have been a little low recently, lets get some big squad games going!

Best
          BD1
          BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

I agree Domination is much more team orientated. I may not agree that revive is the way to go, there are times when you may be alone and it could cause issues. My example of that is where a team could split up to obtain some side objective or flanking maneuver. As far as being an introductory to TG, it is a great tool.

Now we have been running Domination full time (without any hiccups) for several weeks now on server 2. The level of play is phenomenal. Last night after taking 3 hours to control one city, the 1st priority was fixing all the damaged vehicles and staging them for whoever joined at a later time. That in itself showed the selfless gamesmanship TG has come to embody.

As for the roles, people have to be super cognizant of what things are available to help the team. At a minimum (in my opinion in order) you need a:

Engineer- Can repair and refuel vehicles, albeit slow
            Flip vehicles, which is huge in this game
            Move static fighting positions, even though I never have used this option

Artilleryman - Can soften targets up with arty, allowing recovery of a lot more vehicles than destroying with rockets.
            Knock out the towers without being in the towns, which prevents reinforcements
            And rescues.

Alpha Squad Leader -Can call in vehicle and ammo resupplies

Medic- Medic tents and healing

The rest of the positions are ok, but the ones lifted above help the team more. Being a sniper is worthless, you just look cool…..
            "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Just remember that it's summer time = less people gaming. Happens every year.

New objective type for domination - capture the vehicles. The idea is to capture every single vehicle (and helo when they come along), repair them and take the back to base. I was on my own on the server the other day and needed to do something a bit different so grabbed an Engineer slot and managed to get 1 BRDM, 5 BMP's, 2 ZSU-23-4's and 2 T-72's (you may have seen them lined up outside the town). I would have had more but i forgot which vehicles I had hit after a while and destroyed some already abandoned vehicles.

I wonder how many we could stack up at base if we did this for every town - make a good screenie with us all posing at the front ;)
              Jex.

Comment

And I thought it was summer time = more people gaming :)

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdog1-22 Reg.SAS View Post
                  it should really be called "Warfare aka Capture the flag aka sprint around the map and find the enemy base Han SOLO style!" :-)
                  .. since when did they incorporate Wookies into ArmA ??? I soooo want one!
                  Dizlor

Comment

You didnt get the memo?

Wookies make excellent Sniper spotters!

BD1
                    BlackDog1

Comment

Built-in ghillie suit.

Comment

Well we had "Domination One Team - West AI" running on server 2 last night. It was actually kind of different from the other versions. It is not what you think, it does not have AI playing on your teams. What it did have was the ability for team members to do things like call in drops and artillery, even when they are not in those roles. It would allow for the "team" to call in "a" drop per set time. Anyone could call it, but only once per so many minutes. Same went for air drops. As long as it is used properly, it can really enhance the game with smaller numbers of players online and limited roles being filled. With more that say a dozen players in game, this is not the version to play, but with a small team it was awesome.

Comment

Big C Hi,

I think I went onto the server after you guys last night on my own and agree. However you can have AI, you simply go to the hut nearest the ammo crate on the left and order up to 10 AI of whatever clas you like.

This is a real help when you are on your own as you can do side missions etc. I went and got the 8 hostages and had a great fire fight, each time para dropping in with more AT guys and clearing the forest before bringing a helo in to pick up the hostages and take them to base.

Agreed with regards to calling in stuff as well. I find it a bit of a pain when playing on my own as an officer that I could not call in air strikes as there are times wher this simply helps distract the enemy whilst you get into position.

BD1
                          BlackDog1

Comment

Between the new addon for AI engagements and this version of Domination, I am beginning to like this one the most. It is geared towards less players being online, but when we had 6 people on earlier today, it played well and we still had some serious opposition as a team. As for the AI part, I like the fact that you do not have to use them if you do not want to, they are not forced on you at the selection screen. I think the benefits of having multi roles is the ticket with this version.

BTW, after playing it for a couple days I did not even pick on the fact you could recruit players. Good observation!!

Comment

One other tid bit of etiquette we have started: Once we clear a city, we are repairing the major vehicles and staging them at the "jump point". What this does is it centrally locates them at one spot in the city for future use. Trust me this will help you later on should you have a city that is near by. One other thing to point out is the vehicles will disappear if someone does not physically get in the vehicle once the city is cleared. You only have a couple minutes to hop in before it goes away. But once you do, it will remain a usable piece of armor until the completion of the mission.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X