Operation Guaranteed Sucess - July 26 to July 27

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Operation Guaranteed Sucess - July 26 to July 27

The unit (at this time being lead by Beta) engaged many SLA targets over the course of the night during multiple field operations. These operations resulted in minimal casualties (less than 5) and many SLA key points being disabled for further operations on the island.

----

Last night was incredible, Beta you did one hell of a job and so did the fire teams and their respective leaders (Beta as fireteam Alpha leader, Grunt as fire team Beta leader, and myself as fire team Charlie leader). Kudos to everyone involved. Everyone showed great sportsmanship and teamwork skills. It was outstanding to spend many hours (as usual) with you guys. This transformed the way Domination is being played and I now realize how much our game play style has evolved over the course of the last 2 weeks. I look forward doing night ops (which is my favorite) and I hope we'll do more in a near future (tonight? :P).

Too bad you lost your connection during the last mission we did Beta because you missed a great emergency extract (Kudo to Ironpants for CAS and bailing our asses out of there). After leaving you in covert position with Sorvete (great skills for a new comer) I headed for Sam who was in need of support as he ran out of ammo and was engaging targets at a distance with his pistol. I've been able to gather everybody around while the chopper landed under enemy fire. I will always remember that moment....the gun shots, the smoke signaling the evac landing zone. Then turned my head around to see the belly of the huge monster of that beautiful MI17 that came to bail us out...man what a great moment.

Gotta go work for now...see you guys tonight.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
    The BigC

Re: Operation Guaranteed Sucess - July 26 to July 27

yeah, again a great show. I cant imagine myself playing ArmA without you guys anymore. Damn, this is better then the movies! Ironpants did a great job with that perfectly timed and beautiful Close Air Suppor and extraction. I felt myself in We Were Soldiers movie lol with enemies coming from all over that ridge.

Comment

Yesterday was the second time I've been on the TG server, and the best time I've ever had playing arma! Beta, Grunt, Xmaster - thank you for the skilled leadership. Oh and beta, one of these days I'll have to prove how useful fast movers are.

Creeping up below the plateau line from the east in that salvaged MI17, I had no idea how critical it would be. When you guys called for CAS, I bobbed up and took out the two shilkas on my first pass. Free to concentrate on the rest for a while, I had overlooked the D30s which were brought to my attention right before the call for extraction. Smoke bloomed at the LZ just as I walked a rocket salvo up to the first D30. Then the second, and a few scattered rockets for good measure - I couldn't make out the infantry from the ground, but knew some were still active. Setting down in the little depression on the southwest edge of that plateau, I realized how difficult a position it was to assault. You held it tight under pressure in an unfavorable situation, and I'll never forget the experience.

Comment

The high point, for me, was moving in to sweep the transformer station. There must have been one SLA guy that we missed. As we approached the brush line on the other side of the road, two or three shots came out of the undergrowth at us. The whole firing line lit up, a dozen odd machine guns cutting through the trees. I'd bet the SLA guy went down in the first few rounds, but seeing all of that firepower erupt out of nowhere in an instant was pretty amazing.

Comment

Good stuff, all...already can't wait for tonight's action.
          sigpic
          |TG-1st|Grunt
          ARMA Admin (retired)
          Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed