Domination 7/29

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domination 7/29

More good side missions executed in domination - in fact I think we had one of the lowest casualty numbers of all my runs in domination thus far. With Grunt as the fearless (albeit somewhat indecisive ;) ) leader, we were victorious in completing three side missions - two assasinations and one convoy. The convoy in particular was a lesson in both patience and luck, as we patiently sat in wait among the shrubbery as the column began to pass us and lucky when the lead vehicles bypassed the mines. Once the convoy was squarely centered on our explosives, we cleaned house.

The reward for all of this was an airfield filled to the brim with air power. Since the last mission of the night was located just off the airfield, we decided to send in the air cav. The mission was over before the last birds even got there, with the main street left like the surface of the moon.

One victory lap in near-formation (good work, pilots!) and we were done.

Re: Domination 7/29

I personally enjoy doing some of the side missions more at times. Specifically when there are only a couple people in-game it can really create a good time.
    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Re: Domination 7/29

Our side mission to destroy the convoy was my favorite from last night. Our initial eyes on the convoy, courtesy of Ironpants in a chopper, let us know that our planned kill zone was ahead of the convoy. But, our chopper was shot down early on, and we were unable to gain more intel on the spacing of vehicles in the convoy until we had already hastily placed our mines and satchels in the road and set up on a nearby ridge to prepare for the assault.

Once our target entered visual range, we learned that their spacing was much too far apart for our planned kill zone but, in the end, we were successful with minimal casualties thanks to some patience and excellent AT launcher marksmanship.

My lesson learned was that we should have gathered more intel on the convoy before placing mines and satchels and planning the kill zone. Obviously, our mission turned out OK, but it would have felt even better knowing exactly how much time we had to prepare and how many targets we had to prepare for. Still, the anticipation of the convoy's arrival and our excellent execution made it a very memorable and fun time.

Thanks for the great teamwork, guys. And thanks to Grunt for his continued and inspiring leadership. As I gain more experience, I look forward to trying my hand at leading, but for now, I'm really enjoying just being part of a great team.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X