Freedom Revive!! - 13th/14th Aug

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freedom Revive!! - 13th/14th Aug

A group of us tried this map on server 2 last night and it was excellent. Similar to domination in that it is multiple cities in Southern Sahrani, BUT....

Only 15 revives (gets the squad to work really well together) and superbly placed AI that almost seem to know how to flank your position. We were involved in some amazing fire fights last night, with lots of planning and a game time of roughly 8 hours and in that time we only cleared 4 objectives with a 6 man squad!

At 6.30am the 5 that were left could barely keep their eyes open and we called it!!!

But with a good group of up to 16, this is a great mission.

BD1
    BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Re: Freedom Revive!! - 13th/14th Aug

Good mission ...

Come to think of it, I didn't get shot once on that mission ... I was freakin' lucky.

Best part of the mission for me was when our convoy got hit near Chantico. Yelled at Nox to FLOOR IT, we screamed past the lead Stryker just as it gets blown up by an RPG. Must have killed a good 15 infantry from the MK19 before it got hit with an RPG. Luckily, me and Nox made it out before the thing burst into flames.

It seems the mission maker made us of some Guard waypoints, because that is how ArmA AI is SUPPOSED to react. It is actually quite good when the mission maker puts time into it.

The only drawbacks of the mission for me: far, far too much ammo available, new joiners have to ride for 5 minutes on a boat to get into the fight, and we are all friggen special forces :(

Great mission though, I would play it again for sure.

Comment

Ok so I typed a huge AAR putting in a little more detail but since I couldn't post the link to the slideshow I created, it refreshed. (I have to post 15 comments first) Basically Blackdog, Beta, and everyone else that was there did awesome and we NEED to do this mission again one night. Would go more into detail but don't feel like typing again. Lets just say it was so much fun that many of us stayed up 12 HOURS STRAIGHT! The mission was a great examlpe of teamwork, dedication, seriousness, and fun at TacticalGamer.

Just swap out the XX with tt....

hXXp://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g45/TJLHeat44/?action=view&current=9e9f5b81.pbw

-Tito

Comment

Look like we will have to do it again by the reception it got...which suits me because I had to leave early and missed it!!

Comment

I cannot believe we played for that long! One of my favorite missions yet. The vehicle despawn really sucks though and I think 15 revives is a bit excessive. I thought I took a bunch of screenshots but I reinstalled fraps and forgot to remap the key to the one I use. I did get a little bit of video though.
          Last edited by nox; 08-14-2008, 09:59 PM.
          Nox
          Formerly 22ndRRR and |TG-7th|

Comment

Post it up mate, would be good to see this! I'm going to have to make a list of missions I've missed and try them out!

Comment

sounds like a great mission I really want to try it out
              |TG-73rd|Socomseal
              |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

That was insane, many times my head almost hit the keyboard, its too bad we didn't find that last guy. Great leading by blackdog, happy to have served under him. (Was 7am or so when i got off, thanks guys for fueling my insomnia!)
                -Eisenfaust

Comment

Definitely one of the best missions I have been on so far in my extensive 3 day career in ARMA.

When our convoy was attacked was truly amazing like many have said. It was fun even when there were only 4 or 5 of us and we still managed to do well taking various cities. Though I did feel tired and started almost dozing off while trying to snipe the ai(around 9:00 am my time) it was still an epic mission. So props to everyone involved.

Comment

Wow, sounds like a great mission! Too bad, I wasn't with you guys yesterday. :-(

As I see, there is some criticism on parts of the mission design: Would it be possible to edit those points in the mission easily without breaking it? Like removing large parts of the ammo, maybe reducing the amount of revives and changing the respawn location and the group layout to an infantry squad/fireteam one?

Comment

Aww...how come am I never home when you guys are trying cool new stuff?
                      Should be home tonight...looking forward to try it. Im sick of domination.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
                      The BigC

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X