Gloria 8/28/08

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gloria 8/28/08

Another day and another go at Gloria(insert laughter here). After a couple of sidemissions on domination the map was promptly switch over to Beta's Operation Gloria. Blackdog was the commanding officer and he did an excellent job. Throughout most of the mission our forces consisted of 1 tank, 1 stryker, command element and 2 full man squads. Both squads of infantry moved forward effectively with the support of the aforementioned vehicles.

I had the pleasure of being the officer in command of Bravo squad. Various members of 6th squad(Skud, Dirtboy), TFN(Warrior, Spot, Rueger Six) and Tito in the later portions of the map(if I forgot anyone I blame it on not sleeping for 2 days). Bravo squad began by securing an area slightly north of Corozal. After command arrived and this area became our base of operations Bravo shifted to a new position to observe Modesta. Numerous enemy infantry was spotted, along with some armor. Once Alpha Squad(under Beta's lead) advanced close enough to engage the enemy Bravo Squad hit the enemy from our obersvation point.
    Next we provided recon for Valor. This was rather uneventful until we encountered an enemy tank heading straight for us. With our limited At we managed to track the t72 and thereafter the crew was dispatched.
    During our recon of Bajo Volor no further contacts were spotted and Bravo squad proceeded to observe Evron.
    Bravo Squad was then selected to assualt the town. Unfortuantely we lost a couple of squad members due to the late hour. Once in the town the attack went well until we stumbled upon 6 EI and an MG nest. Suffering 3 casualties Bravo was temporarily merged with Alpha.
    The mission continued then I suffered a disconnect and arrived just as an inspiring attack occurred through the combined efforts of Alpha and the remnants of Bravo/Charlie. Approximately 3 T72s and a couple of infantry squads were elimnated.
    Unfortunately after getting transport to speed us back to Corozal I had to call it a night.
    I have to say Blackdog did an amazing job as commanding officer.
    I would also like to mention how proud I was of the teamwork, coordination and skill that Bravo squad displayed. Comms were kept clear, enemies were spotted and everything proceeded smoothly.
    Thanks for providing an awesome couple of hours of entertainment guys. Obviously big thanks to Beta for making such a great map.

Re: Gloria 8/28/08

yea was fun time... i was in platoon hq most of the time, didnt fire a shot for the first 3 hours of the game lol

nice going blackdog on platoon leading!

and sam hoy i thought should be commended for doing all those truck runs, he did a very professional job of keeping reinforcements arriving to the front in the right staging areas, and informing new players joining the server about pickup times and everything... the rear echelon guys dont usually get much credit but i think they did awesome job!

Comment

You guys need to hang out on TS more when the server's locked! I tried joining until 1:30AM!! :P

Hope you enjoyed yourselves nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by Sc[ + ]pe View Post
        You guys need to hang out on TS more when the server's locked! I tried joining until 1:30AM!! :P

Hope you enjoyed yourselves nonetheless.
        I agree. If it's locked because a mission without join in progress is being hosted then fair enough, but if it's locked just to keep out "pubbies" then it really would be helpful if at least somebody in the game was on TS to relay messages so the server can be opened at an appropriate time.

Nil Desperandum Auspice Deo

Comment

Scope and Sabre Hi,

Normally it shows when someone is trying to connect and if I see it I will of course open it. Unfortunately as well as being admin I was Command as well and we kept getting dysync issues with some connections so once we had the two full squads we locked it and opened it every now and then.

I will ensure next time we are doing this to protect the stability of the game that we have at least one guy on TS.

Best
          BD1
          BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdog1-22 Reg.SAS View Post
            Scope and Sabre Hi,

Normally it shows when someone is trying to connect and if I see it I will of course open it. Unfortunately as well as being admin I was Command as well and we kept getting dysync issues with some connections so once we had the two full squads we locked it and opened it every now and then.

I will ensure next time we are doing this to protect the stability of the game that we have at least one guy on TS.

Best
            BD1
            Cheers BD, appreciate that. Totally understand it's difficult to keep track and the guys in game deserve as stable a game as possible.

Regards
            Sabre

Comment

Furthermore on the mission.

Truly superb effort by all! Parab and Beta did a great job with their squads, team members were superb on comms and discipline and for the first couple of hours of contact, I dont think we lost a single guy. Great stuff. I also appreciate the patience shown by all players, many were sat in position at the ready waiting for their turn to do something, but as a result there was a lot of guard duty rather than full contact, but when it did come, all squads both infantry and mechanized did an excellent job. Defo need to write some ribbons up for this one.

We had a bunch of guys from the 6th and TFN and it was great to see them on, so that they could see how a good ArmA game is probably from what I have heard, a tad more tactical than PR and look forward to seeing them on again soon.

Special thanks to Sam who really did a super job being Truck Pilot having tried to bring in troops by air twice and falling foul of the AA batteries, which I believe are a little hostile in both numbers and capability, but I think this has been resolved in the latest version.

From a Command perspective this mission is a real challenge, as not only do you have several infantry squads, you several armoured squads and air squads, along with incoming new troops, recce teams and resupply to work out, along with routes, objectives and tasks for all the squads to be carried out in a style and pattern that should all work together and overlap to minimise loss, all over a very large area and quite some way from the base. I have to say, by the time I had finished tonight after over 7 hours, I am absolutely knackered!

I know many may feel I have a slightly stern style of leading missions, but with that many logistic items, sometimes you have to try to keep everyone in line with regards to comms etc in order for it to work. However, I am fortunate to have such a large group of quality players to work with, which makes it that much easier to achieve objectives. That said, I hope you all enjoyed the misison, I know I did even though I hardly saw any combat! ;)

Best
              BD1
              BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

BD - you not moving back to the UK any time soon? We really need to get some of these missions up and running at a reasonable hour GMT. Seem to be missing out on all the fun. There's only so many times I can stay up until 4:00 am and then get up for work at 6:30 am.

We only seem to get large doses of Domination weekdays GMT. Though I did managed to get into the High Mountains game last weekend, that was good also.

Comment

I think we should make this a Sunday event, perhaps on Sun September 7th. Watch for a post soon.
                  sigpic
                  |TG-1st|Grunt
                  ARMA Admin (retired)
                  Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Yeah it's a shame, I'm also missing out on these brilliant sounding missions because of the time difference. A guy's got to get his beauty sleep you see.

Comment

Haha, guys from Europe, do as I do and adapt your sleeping cycle to the US. ;-)

I wondered, those who stayed on when I left (after taking the Tank base east of Everon): Did you move on to the next targets north of Corazol or did you end the mission at that point? Because I hardly see we will ever advance further to the north, if we first tackle the objectives east of Corazol. Just because that alone takes (like yesterday) roughly 6 hours and we moved along with quite some speed, too. So maybe the next commander of the mission could start at the northern most objective? Pretty please? ;-)

Blackdog, you did a really good job keeping the comms clean and well maintained, especially trying to enforce people using proper communication when on side channel. I think in veteran mode that is an absolute must.

My highlight of the mission was definitely the Alpha squad lying on a hill overlooking an area NE of Bajo Valor. We had an Abrams right behind us, since we were down to one AT tube and we knew there was armor in that area. So it was, two BMPs were easily taken out from far away by our tank. But a T72 came rushing right at us, not to be seen by our tank, since it was covered by the hill we lay on. We so ran down that hill, it was hilarious. Beta desperately trying to get our tank to take out that T72 coming behind us, it was awesome.

Our tank got later destroyed in what seemed to be a suicide mission of some sort, moving right into a yet not completely secured enemy tank camp. Of course, in there was still a tank alive which blasted our M1A1 into the sky. ;-)

Can't wait till the next time we play it!

Comment

Holy crap,

Skud, myself and Fuzz were hanging out in TS and Fuzz said he was going to play some ArmA and asked if we wanted to join. I said sure, seeing as how I haven't REALLY played it often. The beginning was extremely slow and with me not being able to move my body and not my head, I became really pissed off. But after we got that fixed, we were on the move! Then the damn voip went to crap. After 15 or so minutes of hanging out near the Stryker, the voip got fixed.

Let me tell you guys something, I have not played ArmA all that much. This is mainly due to the fact that most Squad Leaders aren't very good at leading. Parabe11um TOTALLY changed my mind on this. If I see him playing again, I will join in a heartbeat! He is totally professional and smart with his squad movements. Expect something real soon Parabe11um;)

This is by far the best time I ever had playing ArmA and I got to say that I am "almost" hooked! If it wasn't for the fact that PR v.08 is being released soon, you will most likely see me on the server more often.

Well done Gents!

dirt
                        "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Glad you enjoyed it Dirt. Yes, Para is an excellent SL and you should see him with a sniper rifle in his hands! Regardless of the new PR, it would be great to see more of you 6th guys making an appearance in the game. Glad the word is spreading!

Comment

Very happy to see you on last night dirt!! And your welcome for fixing your headbug for ya ;) I know how frustrating that can be lol.. Funny as hell to watch... but frustrating none the less xD

I had an awesome time last night... BIG props to beta for doing a tremendous job leading Alpha around... I can honestly say it is truly fun and immersive when you are my SL... Keep up the good work everyone!!!
                            Dizlor

Comment

Beta great job of course with map.... I dont have to give Blackdog any credit because its already like a given.... lol but he did a great job leading again as always. Parabellum did excellent as a team leader. Very good experience. The end of the mission when there were only 6 or so of us was very interesting as we all got killed at a barn by infantry, a T72 and 2 BMPs. One I ran to in an attempt to take out the other armor and I was mowed down by one of our MGers with an M249. It was funny.... Great mission.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X