Fallen's War, Sunday Sept 8

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fallen's War, Sunday Sept 8

Fallen stepped up as PL on Gloria (?) this night and did a fine job in his first mission as Platoon Leader. Beta was seen giving excellent contact reports, along with Bert, who manned the tank. Also observed excellence in use of comms by BarnacleofDoom. Ace demonstrated skill as a fireteam leader.

This was a well played round wherein all participants demonstrated patience and discipline.

There were a few instances of enemy being engaged without relaying the enemy location to other friendly units.

I need to work on the proper use of contact reports -- enemy numbers, location, weapons, and direction.

At one point Fallen commented on the high level of cooperation he was receiving from the entire team and was heard to say "They don't listen on our server" (he was referring to a non-TG server).

End of Notes.

PL Fallen in conference with Tank commander Bert.

Troops scanning next objective.

Troops scanning next objective (side angle of above photo).

Enemy BMP in Flames.

Regards,
    Last edited by E-Male; 09-08-2008, 09:37 AM.
    sigpic

Re: Fallen's War, Sunday Sept 8

Gloria is a great mission. Thanks for stepping up Fallen. Nice report E-male. Perhaps we've got some other aar's to add to this thread?
    sigpic
    |TG-1st|Grunt
    ARMA Admin (retired)
    Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

That was the usual fun of a Gloria mission. Even though it seemed to lack the part where we had to face heavy enemy counter-attacks (possible cause for that: see below) with one exception where a T72 came pretty close but was taken out by our Abrams' gunner Sam.

Very nice shots btw, E-Male! I like how I stand at the Abrams. ;-)

This time, we worked our way up north starting out from Corazol. We moved from farm complex to farm complex, taking out squads of patroling enemies and light armor in form of BRDMs (not BDRM, btw. ;-)). I did not quite see everything that was going on since I was on the driver's position during the beginning and well, your sight is indeed really limited.

When we got into visibility of Mercallilo, we saw several T72 and BMPs ... all burnt out due to some "unrequested Cobra support" (you may call it lone-wolfing as well). The Abrams had little to do, it could take down another AA site mostly to save the troops their rockets and help take out a few infantry with its (pretty mighty) MG. Then my computer rebooted. *g*

When I returned, our team at Mercallilo was down to 5 men (due to disconnects) and I decided to leave the tank since it seemed pointless. We cleaned out Mercallilo, had more disconnects and another crash by beta, so fuzzhead and me were left. We decided to start a two-men assault guns a' blazing on the enemy's northern positions. We quickly encountered two squads of infantry which also spotted us. We called in Cobra support by Ironpants in a region that we hoped was clear from AA. We heard the chopper arrive, heard big bangs and opened fire on the squads, thinking the bangs were the Cobra firing away. Actually, it was the Cobra going down, so now we had two squads of infantry onto us ... we ran quite quickly but I got shot in the legs. Fuzzhead managed to fight them off but we were by that point very low on ammo and only 4 people on the server ... we still had a grenade left and did what we had to do. Game over. ;-)

I think we had very few (if any?) casualties. There were still some bugs though, for example one which made people paradrop over Corazol unwanted.

Ironpants did a very good job as a pilot, once again. He had very little to do this time and I already felt bad for him ... I hope he has some other stuff going while playing Arma.

A few words to the tank: It was the first time for me on TG servers to drive a tank and it was quite some fun. I didn't mind the sitting around too much, but the engine noise is very annoying not only for those who are outside the tank. And there were again complaints about the noise and requests to shut off the engine. That is valid if the tank is not supposed to be on the watchout or similar. But if you expect the tank to keep watching for possible incoming armor, the engine must be running to be able to turn even the commander's turret. I guess it's like this: If you want tank support in your back, you gotta stick with the noise it makes.
      Last edited by bert; 09-08-2008, 05:34 PM.

Comment

It was for sure a good time. As always on the TG's severs!!!

Comment

Ace High did a good job as a squad and fireteam leader. The coordination between the two infantry squads and the Abrams was also impressive. When I had to leave, we hadn't taken any casualties (possibly excepting the Cobra pilot) while making good progress on our objectives.

That mission is huge--last night I heard someone asking if it had ever been finished, and I was wondering that too. I think it would take all day...

There was a bug in the "remove dead" script. I had the command appear in my action menu when I was near enemy corpses, but it didn't actually do anything. Someone else tried too, with similar results.

I only noticed one weak area myself, and that's a really strong tendency to bunch up. Fortunately we did a good job of surprising the enemy, but one guy with a grenade launcher or RPG could have taken out three to six people at pretty much any point during the night.

Comment

Gloria is an awesome map. Its such a long mission and there is just so many ways to get through.

TG has evolved a long way in the past 4 months. I'm proud to wear its colors.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
            The BigC

Comment

nice AAR E-Male.... love the shots...

yea good times on this mission, lol bert thanks for the recap of our hasty attack, was great fun

Comment

Check the stickies for the Sunday Sept 14 event !! 4 p.m. EST.
                sigpic
                |TG-1st|Grunt
                ARMA Admin (retired)
                Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

i'm suprised i did even a decent job.
                  Peace Through Superior Firepower.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server