Night of the Noob

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night of the Noob

After a year away from ArmA I returned this Fall to find a much improved game and great teamwork among a greater number of mature players. But last night I played the noob.

First I crashed a jeep just as we were rolling out of the gate, and after much preperation. Took some poor guy with me that was my passenger (I am so sorry, buddy).

A year ago I would spend hours happily ferrying troops back into the field in a Little Bird. Last night I managed to crash one but thankfully without any casualties.

The evening ended with ArmA crashing on me, with insult added to injury as I was wearing one of the few night googles available to the team.

Oh well, practice, practice, practice.
    sigpic

Re: Night of the Noob

Its ok buddy.
    We still love you.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
    The BigC

Comment

LOL, indeed we do mate, screw it, every one goes a bit noob, from me using the last jav on the tractor instead of the BMP, to people crashing Choppers, it happens!

Comment

Horray, you are human like the rest of us. And as xmaster said "we still love you". THis is only a game, but geared for close real life tactical approach. It is alright to screw up, once and a while, so we can all boost each other up and keep on going. I can't number the many times I have blown it amongst everyone here and felt like a real heel. But, the membership here only remembers your name and welcomes you each time you show up, and last nights screwups are forgotten.

Comment

's OK E-Male. After you crashed (which, by the way, wasn't the only time the tank jumping around) OPFOR fragged us as we sat in a jeep in a field, picking our noses or scratching our balls or something. Just sitting there, at any rate. The tank ended up the hero in the end as he eliminated OPFOR singlehandedly.
          BarnacleofDoom

One shot - One miss!

Comment

Heh.

That was BlackDog and I who shot you out of your jeep. We couldn't believe your column was just sitting there. The funny thing was that after we cleaned up the jeep crew, one guy from inside the tank actually got out to look around! He got shot too. Then we found and shot one dismount in the center of the deserted camp. Things were looking good for the recon team!

The tank just sat there. No response. Were those the only crewmen we killed? No, the turret is moving around...

We were frantically calling in our AT team (we had one (1) RPG gunner) to get sights on the behemoth squatting in our front yard, when the tank started moving. The cavalry was too far away. BD and I lit out from our separate observation posts to go find spots in which to hide, because that tank was coming fast, and boy was he PO'd!

So we went in opposite directions back into the deserted camp. And ended up both ducking into the same hiding spot, a disused hangar, as the tank went roaring past. We made it! Safe! Then the tank stopped. Backed away from our empty hangar. And fired. And fired again. There was nowhere to run. BD and I just looked at each other and laughed as the last shell blew us so far into the air we could see our houses.

Soooooo close.

Comment

LMAO at Tripp..... :D

Wrong guy, wrong mission mate!....

That was Operation Prize we were playing...lol

But nice little description anyway! :)
              BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

It's all starting to blend together...

The horror, the horror...

Comment

Originally posted by Tripper View Post
                  Then we found and shot one dismount in the center of the deserted camp.
                  Was me that made the trip all the way from main base, coming back from being AFK, just to get shot in that damn camp.

Was truly PO'd

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
                  The BigC

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X