Attack on Arcadia Oct 17th-18th

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attack on Arcadia Oct 17th-18th

This is an informal report on the attack on Arcadia on Oct 17th 2008.

PL=E-Male
    1st Section leader=Grambo
    Section C=Blackdog1

E-Male showed excellent command and control in getting the fireteams sorted and on the boats in less than 5 minutes.

Operation began with sorting out our fireteams,1st section and c section were to take the boats to designated LZ south east of Arcadia,we also had air support in the form of one UH60 Blackhawk+MH6 we did use these assets straight away as we believed it to be much safer to take the boats.
    Pilot=Airdrop?
    Gunner=?

After sorting out our kit we moved to the boats we loaded up and headed for LZ alpha Section C leading as it was the smaller team,section C was act as recon/forward unit.

While inbound to LZ we encounted an enemy patrol on the beach ~5 men,we did not engage until we reached the shore as Blackdog's Section C engaged the enemy squad 1st Section covered to the west, then i split my fireteam in two and sent 3 men to aid Blackdog and Section C while the others continued to cover to the west.

After successfully engaging the enemy patrol we regrouped and took count,no casulties,E-Male then sent 1st section NNE to hill 35 this would be our base of fire as Blackdog's Section C moved along the shore towards Arcadia.

Upon arriving at fire base I relised that we could not see very much due to view distance, I assessed the situation and requested that 1section move closer to the target,after getting granted this request I moved first section down hill 35 to a rocky area this would provide the nessecary cover for a fire base.

Upon moving closer we still could only see 3 X-rays we confered with E-Male who suggested that we move in once the firing began to support Sec C.

****UPDATE SOON****
    Last edited by Grambo; 10-19-2008, 05:48 PM. Reason: Updating soon
    WE HAVE YOU COVERED

sigpic

***Update***

With permission to move in granted ,Blackdog's Sec C moved into position along the shore to preper for the attck,as the attack began 1st Section took down 3 X-Rays and Sec C 2 more?,1st section began to move in as did Sec C.

1st cleared the area to the East of the village and reached the outskirts,Sec C moved along the shore to clear the south of the village in preparation for an all out assault on the village.

1st Sec took up position on the shore with C and began to move in with Sce C moving further down the shore closer to the hotel,1st moved in to the west and assaulted down the road (do not know csultie numbers sorry:row__630:).

Sec C also attackted to the NW to cover the Nwestern approach from the raised area, E-Male showed good judgement in that he did not let the Sections move North past the hotel as main enemy force was located here.

After securing the road and downing ~12 x-rays +1 officer and a UAZ 1sec assaulted the Hotel which was empty,I placed two sniper on the roof to cover the NW and North.

1sec and C regroup on the shore to the west of the village,at this point we called in airsupport to cover the extreme west as we moved North into final assault positions,we believed mistakingly that up to 2 squads could be waiting for us in the Northern most of the village.

As 1sec and sec c moved 1st section was engaged by a patrol of fireteam strength,air support helped greatly in securing our rear for the assault.

E-Male merged the two secs together for the assault as section D moved furtherr North to be the left 'hook' into the top area,as the assault began we encountered sporatic fire from 3 X-rays this was quickly dealt with then suddenly it was over turned oy that just 5 X-rays were holding the area!

To Note: info not the most accurate unsure about casultie numbers if you could please fill in this data
    Regards: Grambo
    WE HAVE YOU COVERED

sigpic

Comment

Re: Attack on Arcadia Oct 17th-18th

That was a good operation. I liked BlackDog's suggestion of running a small recon squad, which he did well with, and I will use more often.

I will want more details on enemy contact and kills as they occur from my officers (reading over the AAR I see that there was much going on that I should have been aware of as PL).

Grambo did very well as SL and kept his men tightly organized under rapidly changing condidtions.

BlackDog, if I recall correctly, committed the cardinal sin of dying. Bad Dog.

Next time we run this map I will may attempt a direct assault on the town, making landfall at the pier/boardwalk.

AirDrop performed well as CAP, although the attack Helo was lost far too quickly (why?). In future, more care must be taken to keep the attack helo intact. Otherwise AirDrop did very well as helo transport op and air recon.
      Last edited by E-Male; 10-20-2008, 02:54 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Yep usual story with ArmA, poked my nose round a corner and took an instant single fatal shot from a considerable distance from an AK! :( Almost as is the AI knewI was there... Hey ho...the boys did well.

BD1
        BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

SLs, if you think that you might die executing some movement, have one of your men do it for you :row__591:
          sigpic

Comment

Roger that,sir, may I volunteer?

Comment

Complete success well carried out Blackdog lay his game life on the line for the mission,and it succeeded well done to all involved.
              WE HAVE YOU COVERED

sigpic

Comment

The ultimate success
                WE HAVE YOU COVERED

sigpic

Comment

Darn shame I can never get involved in these, sounds like a great thing to take part in.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X