Beta testing one of Sam Hoy's missions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beta testing one of Sam Hoy's missions

We (Eugene, Sam, and I) enlisted in some Canadian regiment and were sent off to Uhao to provide arty support.

The arty mod proved very interesting to operate. Eugene and I were 'cannon-cockers' and Sam had the riskier forward observer position - he was the only one who was killed. He'd pass us a coordinate, and we'd have to figure out the bearing, elevation, and all, aim, and fire. Then wait. It was taking around 50 sec for the round to impact, so patience was a big factor for the arty operators. I think that we could implement the arty in some of the missions on the TG server without too much problem as it represents a good deal of coordination and teamwork, as well as good comms practice - all values that TG desires.

-BoD
    BarnacleofDoom

One shot - One miss!

Re: Beta testing one of Sam Hoy's missions

Always wanted a good arty mod, love using arty just it's way to easy currently just click on the map and bang

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
    So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

I really want to try this mod out. It looks great. I've been a big fan of coordinated indirect fire.
      |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

It would be amazing if we could use it in game on a regular basis.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. ~ Jimi Hendrix

And isn't it a bad thing to be deceived about the truth, and a good thing to know what the truth is? For I assume that by knowing the truth you mean knowing things as they really are. ~ Plato

Comment

It is quite touchy. That combined with the degree of precision involved - the system measures down to several decimal points - meant that most of the time I was shooting 'towards' rather than 'at'. Any hits were pure luck. Sam, this mission on server yet?
          BarnacleofDoom

One shot - One miss!

Comment

It is quite touchy. That combined with the degree of precision involved - the system measures down to several decimal points - meant that most of the time I was shooting 'towards' rather than 'at'. Any hits were pure luck. Sam, this mission on server yet?
            Yes, its on the server.
            No, I don't think you can play it until they get the mods working.

It certainly can be tricky to get rounds exactly where they need to be. But I would not worry too much about the hundredths and thousandths degree changes. The shell makes an impact in an approximately 10m diameter circle each degree change in elevation makes about a 100-200m alteration in point of impact so it seems to follow that each tenth of a degree changes the impact 10-20m (?) which should be precise enough to put rounds on a target especially considering multiple guns are saturating an area.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X