Broken line mission: [1-7-08]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken line mission: [1-7-08]

I don't have much info about this mission since I joined in a few seconds after the game started and unfortunately spawned in as a seagull. But here are a few screen shots that I took while waiting for the next round:

IN GAME ARMA: |TG-Irr| Lq.Snake

Re: Broken line mission: [1-7-08]

Seriously a great round. I had a lot of fun with this one and I hope we will play it more often. That's me in the Jav and the SAW in the first picture. :)

Comment

Awesome pictures mate, really nice stuff!

Comment

I was the main gunner in the tank, I just wanted to say that if the author (sorry can't recall name) can reduce the server load and improve the desyc issues this mission had, it will be an ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC mission. Olivier did a prime job commanding us, but eventually we were overrun when our tank crew underwent a lag spike and a T-72 warped and hit us. The mission really depended on effective use of our team's abrams to support the infantry. Very intense and unique-feeling mission.

Comment

Originally posted by Homer Johnston View Post
          I was the main gunner in the tank, I just wanted to say that if the author (sorry can't recall name) can reduce the server load and improve the desyc issues this mission had, it will be an ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC mission. Olivier did a prime job commanding us, but eventually we were overrun when our tank crew underwent a lag spike and a T-72 warped and hit us. The mission really depended on effective use of our team's abrams to support the infantry. Very intense and unique-feeling mission.
          The author is Macolik, but I don't think he can improve the server loading time, or desync. Those are things to do with the server.
          sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

We discussed some ways in game he can help ease the load on the server (btw, i meant cpu-load on the server, not loading time :) ) and reduce net traffic. These include dynamic creation of units as they are to get involved in the battle, and perhaps deletion of bodies... there should be plenty of people around here who could help him out with this (myself included, although I haven't made many ArmA missions)

Comment

That missions was really sweet. I was on the left flank under AnthraX's command (in Pesto I think), the rest of the SF squad assaulted Yoro but were overwhelmed by infantry. I ended up on my own with a silenced sniper rifle picking off infantry, it was intense being so isolated with no help. The mission would be brilliant if the lag can be reduced. As Homer said I think some dynamic creation of units and scripts to remove dead bodies would really help.

Comment

Thanks mate,

I released a new version, removed some units and made the attack of OPFOR units more simultaneous. Opfor units size should be around 125-150.
                If this lags with a locked server i'll try to implement DAC or something like that (even i don't really know how. Never got those scripts working)

Comment

Originally posted by Homer Johnston View Post
                  (btw, i meant cpu-load on the server, not loading time :) )
                  Sorry, I didn't understand that. My bad.

Originally posted by Macolik
                  Thanks mate,

I released a new version, removed some units and made the attack of OPFOR units more simultaneous. Opfor units size should be around 125-150.
                  If this lags with a locked server i'll try to implement DAC or something like that (even i don't really know how. Never got those scripts working)
                  If you use DAC, wont we all need to run MapFact as client side AddOn? If it is the case you better check if it is in the server.
                  sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

True, needs Map misc and the Editor update as you can see here:

mapfact.net/include.php?path=content/download_eng.php&contentid=614&PHPKITSID=be37d93e8 29ef9fe23394b2795ecc235

But as far as I can remember there was another script for dynamical unit creation.
                    Beita should know more about this!?

Comment

I will download and have a look at your mission to see if I can help. Spawning units isn't too difficult of a task, if you know how to do it.

P.S. don't consolidate the enemy attack TOO much... part of the fun was that the buggers just kept coming and coming, just hard enough to cause us grief but not enough to break through ;) you got a really good balance. However it may have been easier if both of our abrams were manned rather than just one.

Comment

Thanks for the help mate:)
                        Really appreciate it. The map is a bit chaotic, full of waypoints and stuff. PM me if you need my help.

Comment

Some more screens!

Golf Squad holding out Phaseline 2. Thanks Beta for helping me out on the lead of this one. Kudos to every member of the squad. You guys did an awesome job at holding out the line.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
                          The BigC

Comment

awesome screen shots, Xmaster! I'm actually in one of those photos as a seagull taking photos HAHA

IN GAME ARMA: |TG-Irr| Lq.Snake

Comment

Lol yeah. I noticed by looking at the photos in your first post :p

I might photoshop some of these later on. Im too lazy right now.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
                              The BigC

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X