SimHQ Assault 11 -- 01/19/09

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SimHQ Assault 11 -- 01/19/09

This is an AAR for SimHQ Assault 11 that took place in the night of January 18th to January 19th 2009.

As a member of the medic squad, I was early on attached to Delta squad:
    -Ivan (TL)
    -Beta
    -Petey
    -Mace

Our objective was clear. Get rid of an enemy encampment South West of Chantico - Southern Sahrani. The main US task force was made of several fireteams and motorized units including Humvees and Mark 19 Strykers.

We had 2 main objectives:
    -Destroy an enemy listening post.
    -Clear the area from hostiles.

First objective was to move on Chantico and clear it from hostiles and use it as a staging ground for the next phase of the operation. Convoy was made of 3 Humvees and 1 Mk19 Command stryker.

We approached Chantico from the North-West and, early on, multiple hostile contacts were spotted and engaged:

Delta Squad engaging targets on the North-Eastern outskirt of Chantico.

Several enemy soldier and soft motorized targets where spoted in Cedras, a small military camp South-West of town. These targets where quickly engaged and routed. The firefight went on for about 12 minutes. the US task force suffered no lost, despite some minor wounds.

Delta Squad's Humvee engaging targets in Cedras while the rest of the squad engages targets in Chantico.

Delta squad was then tasked with moving into Chantico while the remaining of the task force sat outside, providing cover fire. The squad was to move in town and secure a perimeter around an Hotel and to hold it. By then, Chantico was a ghost town and no hostiles were spotted on our way in.

While a perimeter was being established around the hotel, the rest of the task force quickly moved in.

Members from Delta Squad holding an Intersection in Chantico. While the rest of the troops proceed into town.

The task force was given some time to resupply and treat any wounds if needed. Then, command made us move on some hills, overlooking our target. These hills were directly South-East of Chantico. The squad mounted up in the respective vehicles and the convoy headed towards staging area Bravo.

Once at the staging area, a perimeter was quickly established. Delta squad was tasked to move South-West to reach a road and hold this location until the assault.

Delta's leader, Ivan, scanning for possible targets prior moving downhill towards the road.

When we reached our destination, the rest of the force was tasked to move along the ridge line and establish and observation point. In the process, one of the squad was spotted by the enemy and bullets started flying our way.

Delta quickly crossed the road and established a firing position on a hill directly south of the listening post while Alpha, Bravo and Charlie where directly East, attacking the enemy's left flank. AT teams engaged several motorized units, while Command's stryker and soldiers engaged enemy infantry.

Delta squad engaging enemy targets on the listening post. The rest of the force was tasked with engaging any hostiles North-East of that area.

Delta squad quickly moved towards the listening post, took and and destroyed it. In the process, several members of the unit were either wounded or killed by enemy soldiers hidden in the forest to the West. Alpha, Bravo and Charlie started to take some casualties.

I died at this moment, wounded by enemy fire and killed by the explosion of the radio tower while I was unconscious.

All I remember is that all hell broke loose when enemy T72's were spotted and the task force was quickly decimated.

Delta squad member during the final assault on the enemy listening post.

Even if we had to abort it, kudos to everyone involved. It was a great game. Everything went smooth. Also Kudos to Platoon HQ (believe it was Snake leading this Op, correct me if im wrong) and to the Squad Leaders. You guys did one hell of a job. And to the rest of the players, everyone behaved correctly.

This was one of these game that makes TG's server so fun.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
    The BigC

Re: SimHQ Assault 11 -- 01/19/09

Great screens! Are they photoshoped?:P

Comment

Originally posted by Macolik View Post
      Great screens! Are they photoshoped?:P
      A bit :P

Just tweaked the colors a bit and added a little bit more blur to distant objects.

Original:

Photoshoped:

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
      The BigC

Comment

Love the screens, I was part of Echo watching the advance, then lost connection :(.

What do you use to take screenshots, Fraps? And how do you remove the hud, etc.

Comment

I (Petey) had alot of fun with this mission. It was awesome when Ivan was spotting targets for me and calling my adjust fire.

Delta had really good coordination between members, with very little unneeded communication. We all seemed to know what we were doing.

Very fun!

"War is politics by another means, but I personally enjoy just kicking the crap outta things sometimes."

Comment

Originally posted by Sigma View Post
            Love the screens, I was part of Echo watching the advance, then lost connection :(.

What do you use to take screenshots, Fraps? And how do you remove the hud, etc.
            I use FRAPS to take screenshot.

I remove the HUD with different techniques...depending on which element(s) i have on my picture.

You're the second one asking me how I remove the stuff on my HUD...I'll make a tutorial later this week. Probably Thursday since I dont have classes in the afternoon.

But just on top of my head, here's a few tricks:

First when you take the screenshot, try to get as little HUD elements as possible (windows, chat, compass, etc...). Example, for these screenshots, I waited for the text / compass to fade out before taking them. make post-editing a whole lot easier.

Then, If there is some any other HUD elements, I remove them using photoshop...but ill cover everything in the tutorial.

The BigC

Comment

Yeah, that was really well executed by everyone. I liked the approach by PltHQ very much, not too fast, not too slow, really great.

During the attack on the listening post, me and my squad were lying about 400m out on the other side on a ridge overlooking a wide territory, being able to take several lone runners. A Mk-19 Stryker did a good job on giving them hell as well, good aimed and well used grenades.

Big thanks for the great lead by FTL StaticJack, leading my SAW fire on targets and overall being a very good FT. I liked how he listened to his team members, quickly checking possible targets with his binos (in 400m distance, the enemy is 2 pixels large ... then it's good to have someone with binos around to avoid friendly fire ;)).

When the listening post was taken out, we went over to the other ridge. Just as we had arrived there, we heard tracks and an engine extremely close. In the same moment, a T72 came rushing over the ridge ... which was the beginning of the end. I think the rests of my team were taken out by that T72 when it rushed onto a small bushy area were we had tried to hide. I managed to run away (cowards live longer ;)) but then I got my just deserts by crashing to desktop.

Great gaming last night, hope to see it much more often like that (maybe one thing: next time maybe we could shorten the squad and TS organization from 30 mins to maybe somewhat less ...).

Comment

Great AAR, Xmaster! The new channels suggested by Mikko were actually used in this one operation and really cut off cross talking which I believe made it easier for the team leaders to lead their men. The team leaders did an outstanding job and so did the rest of the men. Great game!

IN GAME ARMA: |TG-Irr| Lq.Snake

Comment

just curious who was platoon leader?

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzhead View Post
                    just curious who was platoon leader?
                    I believe Snake was the Plt Lead. If my memory serves me right.

The BigC

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X